Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] where does the 3d gallery read from?

OP jsp254

25th January 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38

289 posts
in my gallery it shows images from my g+ account, but no others. is there a way to make it read from the sdcard?
25th January 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Guayaquil
Thanks Meter: 1,320

2,518 posts
Donate to Me
More
3D gallery does read from SDcard by default, try moving it to /system/app and giving proper permissions.

~ Veronica
25th January 2012, 06:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

289 posts
nevermind. it is reading from the sdcard. i didnt realize things downloaded from dropbox were finding there way onto the system instead of sdcard! is this right? i thought dropbox would automatically move files downloaded from the cloud to sdcard
26th January 2012, 01:28 AM   |  #4  
Flag Guayaquil

2,518 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp254

nevermind. it is reading from the sdcard. i didnt realize things downloaded from dropbox were finding there way onto the system instead of sdcard! is this right? i thought dropbox would automatically move files downloaded from the cloud to sdcard

Dropbox downloads go directly to the SDcard , it creates a folder named dropbox in the root of your sdcard.

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :P
26th January 2012, 02:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

289 posts
I agree, it should, but its not. I'm not near my device right now to tell you the exact path, but they are going to somewhere in /media in the root folder. I had to use root explorer to move an image from there to sdcard. I'll update this later with the path. I'm also going to look and see where the dropbox apk installed. I recently "8 restart" reset my device and ran the snowball mod root process. I may have geeked it up in the process. I may need to un-root and run the program fresh.

On a side note, I have never seen a device where so many people do the same thing and have so many different results. Even with snowball mod, I have some white on white menus. Such as adw ex settings menu and beautiful weather widget's settings menus.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
26th January 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #6  
Flag Guayaquil

2,518 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I agree, it should, but its not. I'm not near my device right now to tell you the exact path, but they are going to somewhere in /media in the root folder. I had to use root explorer to move an image from there to sdcard. I'll update this later with the path. I'm also going to look and see where the dropbox apk installed. I recently "8 restart" reset my device and ran the snowball mod root process. I may have geeked it up in the process. I may need to un-root and run the program fresh.

On a side note, I have never seen a device where so many people do the same thing and have so many different results. Even with snowball mod, I have some white on white menus. Such as adw ex settings menu and beautiful weather widget's settings menus.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

Oh that explain better you have snowballmod which it has 2 mods to use internal space so you need to find apps that can access all your media apart of your sdcard, quickpic gives you that option instead of gallery 3D.

Settings > browser > included folders

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :P
Last edited by lavero.burgos; 26th January 2012 at 07:44 PM.
8th March 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

41 posts
Quote:

in my gallery it shows images from my g+ account, but no others. is there a way to make it read from the sdcard?

Im sure you got an answer to this already, I had this issue too, and my music wasn't showing in the music player either. I found a folder on my SDcard labled "my files" in this folder there are folders for pictures, music etc. I moved the pictures and music to the appropriate folders a BAM they all show up now.
11th March 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #8  
Senior Moderator - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 5,054

5,044 posts
More
Moved To Q&A

Please post all questions in the Q&A section!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread