Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 49,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint is rolling out EL29.. but it seems to be... different

Tip us?

reddragon72
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 281
Default Sprint is rolling out EL29.. but it seems to be... different

So I have seen new about sprint pushing out an update for our phone starting now. Even though it is EL29 the screen shots are showing a different base band S710.0.5S.EL29 and the EL29 I am on right now is S710.10.S.EL29

so whats the diff? Should I roll back to EG30, and let the OTA go and then root? I ask because I am getting HORRIBLE battery life on EL29 and I mean HORRIBLE!! 8 hour days with less then 2hours of screen on time.... EG30 was 14+ with 4+ screen time....
Remember people, instructions are there to help you not hinder you and anytime you skip them you are doing the same with your phone as it would be to walk off a cliff with a self packed parachute.... did you do it right by following the instructions or did you just shove it in the bag and jump..... think before you leap!

Current - Sprint LG OG running CM11 official nightlies.
New Current - Nexus 5 stock on Sprint

ker0zene
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I'm going to be rolling back to receive the OTA because I'm also experiencing unacceptable battery life!

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1999
Uh... why don't you just wait?
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkpoe
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Maybe we have a release with debugging turned on...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

slevy951
Old
Thanks Meter 2
So is it a safe assumption that EL29 is newer than the Ek02 that I'm on now?

Overstew
Old
Thanks Meter 1654
Quote:
Originally Posted by slevy951 View Post
So is it a safe assumption that EL29 is newer than the Ek02 that I'm on now?
Yes.

And I'm interested in seeing the changes, if any. It could just mark that it's official and not in testing anymore. Regardless, 4g signal and 3g signal are superb and my battery life is ridiculously amazing on the cirrent el29 setup.

We'll see.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Overstew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reddragon72
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overstew View Post
Yes.

And I'm interested in seeing the changes, if any. It could just mark that it's official and not in testing anymore. Regardless, 4g signal and 3g signal are superb and my battery life is ridiculously amazing on the cirrent el29 setup.

We'll see.

And this is the odd thing. People like yourself are reporting great battery life on EL29, but there are a bunch of us that are experiencing just the opposite. As for signal strength I am not seeing a difference between any rom.
Remember people, instructions are there to help you not hinder you and anytime you skip them you are doing the same with your phone as it would be to walk off a cliff with a self packed parachute.... did you do it right by following the instructions or did you just shove it in the bag and jump..... think before you leap!

Current - Sprint LG OG running CM11 official nightlies.
New Current - Nexus 5 stock on Sprint

Optimal Carnage
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Hmm no updates available for me yet
:-/
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
T-Mobile Htc One
Rom: Android Revolution HD 41.0
Kernel: 3.4.10-gb61a84d root@abm012 #1 SMP PREEMPT
Baseband: 4A.14.3250.15_10.34.1150.02L
Build: 4.06.1540.3 CL283265 release-keys

If My Post Helped You Please Take A Second & Say Thanks!

nibrwr
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overstew View Post
Yes.

We'll see.

Stew, you UV/OC? Stock kernel or custom?
iPhone -> iPhone 3GS -> HTC Evo 4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> LG Nexus 4 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -> iPhone 5 -> LG Nexus 5

kingsway8605
Old
Thanks Meter 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon72 View Post
So I have seen new about sprint pushing out an update for our phone starting now. Even though it is EL29 the screen shots are showing a different base band S710.0.5S.EL29 and the EL29 I am on right now is S710.10.S.EL29

so whats the diff? Should I roll back to EG30, and let the OTA go and then root? I ask because I am getting HORRIBLE battery life on EL29 and I mean HORRIBLE!! 8 hour days with less then 2hours of screen on time.... EG30 was 14+ with 4+ screen time....
If you remember a few months ago, eg30 came with two modem variants, it is possible the same thing is this time. Since we have an eg30 modem now, it will be updatable.