Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung EPL-3PHPBEG HDMI Adapter

Tip us?

gaff15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung EPL-3PHPBEG HDMI Adapter

Does anyone now if this will work with the galaxy tab 7.7 WiFi p6810? searched the forums and couldn't find a definitive answer on this. Thanks!

Jade Eyed Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaff15 View Post
Does anyone now if this will work with the galaxy tab 7.7 WiFi p6810? searched the forums and couldn't find a definitive answer on this. Thanks!
All of the Galaxy Tab products designed to use the 30-pin connector should work. The HDMI adapter I had from my P1000 worked just fine with my friend's P7510, my old P7300, and now my P6800.

So, yeah, it'll work.

NZtechfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 927
I have one intended for the 8.9/10.1, it works with the 7.7 WiFi. The USB adapter also works.
Twitter: @nztechfreak
Blogs: androidnz.net, blog.clove.co.uk
Facebook: http://goo.gl/baZHQ

burhanistan
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Just chiming in that it works fine on the 7.7.

{Diemex}
Old
Thanks Meter 81
I find it kind of ridicolous that the hdmi adapter requires power to function. It makes sense if you would be watching a movie but if for example you are holding a presentation and you want to hold the tab in the hand this is a serious problem, because of the second cable and the fact that the charging cables aren't so long.

Has any of you guys have any idea if this is a hardware requirement or if this could be turned of via software?
If not how does the picture-quality of the hdmi-cable compare to the quality of a simple AV cable?
HTC One X+
Samsun Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800
Samsun Gakaxy Note 10.1 2014 P600
Samsun Galaxy Note 12.2 P900
B&N Nook Touch
[GUIDE] Speed up Note 10.1

Jade Eyed Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Diemex} View Post
I find it kind of ridicolous that the hdmi adapter requires power to function. It makes sense if you would be watching a movie but if for example you are holding a presentation and you want to hold the tab in the hand this is a serious problem, because of the second cable and the fact that the charging cables aren't so long.

Has any of you guys have any idea if this is a hardware requirement or if this could be turned of via software?
If not how does the picture-quality of the hdmi-cable compare to the quality of a simple AV cable?
I'm not sure there is a simple AV cable solution for the 7.7 afaik... I don't know the exact post, but I remember seeing something a while ago about someone trying the AV adapter from the original P1000 with no luck. Also, to answer your question about picture quality, standard composite video only allows for about a 720x480 or 720x576 resolution (depending on region), which is pretty bad compared to the native 1280x800 of the 7.7. Also the 16:10 aspect ratio of the 7.7 is wildly different than the 3:2 and 5:4 (respectively) ratio's of the other two composite displays, so everything will look all funky and unreadable...

Now, having said all that, I do know that HDMI provides 5vdc power via pin 18 (17 is the gnd), albiet, not very MUCH power (50ma max), but perhaps it might be just enough that one could make a modified HDMI adapter that tricks the tablet into thinking that an external power source is connected... Might be a fun DIY project!

Just a thought

dak74
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HDMI Adapter - Picture but no sound

Hi, first time poster here, I've searched all the forums and posts I could find and I don't see any answers relating to this specific question, so here goes.

I have just got the Galaxy Tab wifi version (P6810) and I bought the EPL-3PHPBEGSTA hdmi adapter to be able to connect watch videos on my TV screen.

This gives me perfect picture but no sound at all. I have power lead connected to the adapter.

I have tried playing through MXPlayer, You Tube and standard video player. None of these give me sound.

I can use the same HDMI cable, TV and connection route and connect my galaxy nexus via MDL to the TV and I get both picture and sound.
I am connecting to the TV via a Denon home theater AMP which was why I checked that the phone was able to send on the same settings & cables.

I've not seen any posts with this same issue of no sound at all, has anyone seen this before? Or does anyone have any idea on what I am missing?