Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Batteries for Optimus V,S,etc...

Tip us?

Ph1Man
Old
(Last edited by Ph1Man; 6th March 2012 at 01:31 AM.) Reason: Added Review
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Batteries for Optimus V,S,etc...

I want a little extra battery life out of my Optimus V, but don't want to use the extended batteries discussed elsewhere because of the extended backs (I need my case to fit). So I have 2 questions.

1. What is the largest capacity\best battery that will not require a new back-plate, and fit the Optimus V without mods?

2.The best I could find is an AceSoft 1800mAh, does anyone have experience with AceSoft batteries in general and, if you own this battery can you verify it is 1800mAh and good quality?

Battery link: amazon.com/1800mAh-Battery-Desktop-Charger-CellPhone/dp/B004JU4SFA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1327561450&sr=8-3 or Search amazon for 1800mAh Battery and AC/USB Desktop Charger for LG Optimus S.

Thanks,
Ph1davies

Update: Here is the promised review.

This battery was not a bad buy, but for the money I expected more.

Pros:
-It seems to run a little cooler than stock battery (but that is just a feel as it has no temperature monitor).
-It holds about 1775mAh +/- 12%.
-Build seems to be quality
-No trouble with loss of capacity over the last month.

Cons:
-No temperature monitor.
-In real life testing it only gave me an extra hour and a half or so under moderate use, an extra 10% not 20%.
-No matter how many times I Calibrate it the last 40% discharges noticeably faster.

Conclusion:
-I Had very high hopes for this battery and was expecting to get an extra 3hrs (20%) under moderate use. In reality it only gives me 1 to 1and1/2hrs extra. -All in all the Build quality was solid and it did give extra power over the stock. At the price of 20$ after shipping and tax the little extra life it gave was simply not worth it.
-Although if an extra hour or so is worth the extra then go for it, as it is a quality battery.
-If I could go back in time I would just get a stock replacement off e-bay for 10$.

If anyone has any further questions regarding this battery feel free to ask.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ph1Man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bananaboat23
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I did a quick search and it looks like that AceSoft is a good bet. Don't own one though -- sorry.

Ph1Man
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for the info. I will buy it and report back.

mcnic05
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Didn't know there were different batteries with better life, etc. Good to know!

monkeysez
Old
Thanks Meter 24
You never reported back. I am eager to know how the battery upgrade went.

bedi1982
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Me to, please

klaudyuxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 31
optimus one and optimus v are using the same battery model ?

Ph1Man
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Not as expected

This battery was not a bad buy, but for the money I expected more.

Pros:
-It seems to run a little cooler than stock battery (but that is just a feel as it has no temperature monitor).
-It holds about 1775mAh +/- 12%.
-Build seems to be quality
-No trouble with loss of capacity over the last month.

Cons:
-No temperature monitor.
-In real life testing it only gave me an extra hour and a half or so under moderate use, an extra 10% not 20%.
-No matter how many times I Calibrate it the last 40% discharges noticeably faster.

Conclusion:
-I Had very high hopes for this battery and was expecting to get an extra 3hrs (20%) under moderate use. In reality it only gives me 1 to 1and1/2hrs extra. -All in all the Build quality was solid and it did give extra power over the stock. At the price of 20$ after shipping and tax the little extra life it gave was simply not worth it.
-Although if an extra hour or so is worth the extra then go for it, as it is a quality battery.
-If I could go back in time I would just get a stock replacement off e-bay for 10$.

If anyone has any further questions regarding this battery feel free to ask.

captaincrook
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Just a thought, you should have a look at the Anker batteries. Mugen and Seidio don't have Optimus S/V/whatever batteries but Anker does.

Don't think anker is as reputable as the others listed but it is worth a shot.
T-Mobile G1 - CM5 + 15MB Radio Port [Retired To Tether Usage]

Motorola Cliq XT - GroovyG's Flawless 2.1 [Sold]

LG Optimus V - Latest CM7 Mirage/CM9 Testing [Play Phone]

Motorola Defy [GREEN LENS] - CM7 built by Fuzz [Traded]

HTC MyTouch 4G - Syndicate AOSPX [Sold]

LG Optimus L9 - Stock [Sold]

LG NEXUS 4 - PURITY ROM

alezardstar
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Anker batteries is the best choice for Optimus V, Optimus P500, etc. I think the two batteries of 1600mAh and the universal charger them have in Amazon shop are perfect for us. Because whe can have battery full always, if we buy it, will have 3 batteries. That's cool. I ordered one of the mentioned combo. I'll let know how it work for me.

Enviado desde mi LG-P500 usando Tapatalk
Anywhere open source is present, I will be there learning.