Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 37,096 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there still interest in a Free Tilt2/Touch pro 2 HardSPL/ unlocker?

Tip us?
 
ccengineer
Old
(Last edited by ccengineer; 26th January 2012 at 04:17 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Is there still interest in a Free Tilt2/Touch pro 2 HardSPL/ unlocker?

Since this is an older phone I'm thinking of trying to come up with a free Hard SPL and an unlocker for this phone. I know there is a HardSPL made by olinex group, but it only allows one free hardspl (I have 5 lines on my plan and thinking of getting TP2s for all of them) and theya re charging for the unlocking. I would like to check if there is still an interest in such a free tool. I don't want to spend a lot of time on something that I would only benefit from very few times and no one else would be interested in using.
The Following User Says Thank You to ccengineer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
arrrghhh
Old
#2  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,522
Posts: 11,170
Join Date: Feb 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Perhaps bug Olipro, see if he'd be willing to do that...? I can't imagine they're making too much money off the project anymore...
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mr.horndoctor
Old
#3  
mr.horndoctor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 208
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccengineer View Post
Since this is an older phone I'm thinking of trying to come up with a free Hard SPL and an unlocker for this phone. I know there is a HardSPL made by olinex group, but it only allows one free hardspl (I have 5 lines on my plan and thinking of getting TP2s for all of them) and theya re charging for the unlocking. I would like to check if there is still an interest in such a free tool. I don't want to spend a lot of time on something that I would only benefit from very few times and no one else would be interested in using.
Yes, definitely.
Trombone players do it in seven positions!
 
RORYtheALLSTAR
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Yeah please do it!! Im new to all this but I know I really need the HardSPL flash software.
 
ccengineer
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Aug 2011
It doesn't look like this phone is as popular any more. Only two people interested in this. So I'm definitely not going to dedicate a lot of time to this. So I might work on it when I have time to kill but will not give it high priority. I'll keep monitoring the thread to see if this changes.
 
mr.horndoctor
Old
#6  
mr.horndoctor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 208
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccengineer View Post
It doesn't look like this phone is as popular any more. Only two people interested in this. So I'm definitely not going to dedicate a lot of time to this. So I might work on it when I have time to kill but will not give it high priority. I'll keep monitoring the thread to see if this changes.
If you go over to ppcgeeks.com I think you'll find it's still very popular.
Trombone players do it in seven positions!
 
Chaos Design
Old
#7  
Chaos Design's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tauranga New Zealand ( Aotearoa )
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccengineer View Post
It doesn't look like this phone is as popular any more. Only two people interested in this. So I'm definitely not going to dedicate a lot of time to this. So I might work on it when I have time to kill but will not give it high priority. I'll keep monitoring the thread to see if this changes.
It would be nice, i have just setup 10 devices without HSPL using stock Roms, but i would love to be able to freely HSPL phones we are looking at setting up about another 15 at this stage, we can get a lot of these phones for $190NZ.

If i was able to HSPL them we might get another 50+

It is true that these phones are getting older now, but in saying that they are a good quality phone that preforms as expected no matter what i throw at it.
 
ImTuxy
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Apr 2011
Well, count me as third one And nand is coming for the tp2, so interest will grow.
 
arrrghhh
Old
#9  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,522
Posts: 11,170
Join Date: Feb 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTuxy View Post
Well, count me as third one And nand is coming for the tp2, so interest will grow.
Coming? 'tis here...
 
ImTuxy
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Apr 2011
Yes, but that thread says [testing]. Thats ok, because for me [stable] is less interesting. But my wife definitely wants [stable] and doesn't want to make an exception to that general rule when it comes to her phone

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes