Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,998 Members 39,334 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAME][2.1+]Robo Miner

Tip us?

reiti.net
Old
(Last edited by reiti.net; 5th February 2012 at 01:51 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Default [GAME][2.1+]Robo Miner

Please visit http://www.reiti.net/robo-miner/blog to view recent changes and update news!

Well guys! After some days with heavenly coding to make the game ready for a release - it's finally done!

The first version of Robo Miner is out!

You all know these games where you dig down to find treasures, ores and gems? Well, here's another one!

You are controlling a robot which digs for you. Simply tap in the direction the robot should go and he will do that - if there is a block in the way the robot will dig through it. That only works on mud-blocks - stones cannot be digged but if you dig away the mud underneath a stone block, the stone block will fall down and maybe crash you, if you are not fast enough to run away or place a support bar!

Your target is to find the ultimate gem at the bottom end of each mine. Once found, you can approach to the next, even deeper mine! On your journy you will find many different money-bringing things, like ore and gems.

To master all the challenges, you can buy upgrades for your robot. More battery, a fast drill, more storage or better sensors, to see more fields around you!

The game autosaves itself, so don't worry to lose your progress :)

I hope you have a good time playing this game

The game is available on android market, slideme, amazon and getjar .. some of them need some time to approve the upload so be patient
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reiti.net For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sepherian
Old
Thanks Meter 292

DONATE TO ME
Great job. Super addicting.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

reiti.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Update 1.1 is out!

Recently we added support for Keyboard Dock - so you can use the arrow keys to navigate and spacebar to set a pillar.

Also new in 1.1 are "Mystery Fields" - you can find money in them, ladders, pillars - even free upgrades can be found (but rare)

Hope you enjoy the game!

reiti.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
ooook Update v1.2 is out!

This is a bigger one - the game now features an inventory where your robot can carry special items he find on his journey.

The first findable items are - of course - Dynamite!! In 2 different types. You can find this items in Question-Block (with some luck)

Well, Dynamite destroys simple everything - except the robot, which is a bug *g* I will fix that tomorrow.

Everything else gets destroyed: stones, mud, ladders, pillars, questions .. ok, the Ultimate Diamond is Dynamite-Proof (I think diamonds are?) but you need to watch out where you use dynamite.

You will not gather anything from bombed fields - so if you blow up some ore, you will not get it - same for question marks. Also every rock field above the bomb area will come down.

If you lose your robot, your inventory is gone too - so be careful with your little robo ;)

I tested this new features very long, so I hope everything works how it is supposed to work.

Have Fun with the new Version!

reiti.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Default Update v1.2.1

From now on the Robo has an Auto-Climb Feature.

While standing on a ladder, just tap and hold in the desired direction and the robo will follow the ladder until its end.

Finally that feature is in, so with the use of dynamite you can now build really deep shafts and use the Auto-Climb Feature to get fast around.

Hope you enjoy it, have fun!

reiti.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Default Update v1.2.2

from now on, you can view the recent changes ingame, when a new version arrived.

also some changes in balance on item-finding - you can now find multiple items in one qustion mark field.

reiti.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Default Update v1.3

Yes, it's done - v1.3 is out!

Biggest change this time is the ability to use different save slots. You have one slot on your phone and 2 extra slots on your sd card.

Feel free to transfer your savegames over different devices - it should(!) not be any problem with that.

Please be aware, that we made huge changes in the code, so it is possibly that something will not work as expected - be kind and report any issue, so we can solve it as fast as possible.

We also switched the buttons for ladders and pillars - just because on very small devices the advertisement is too big and players were not able to push the pillar button which is very annoying.

We will surely come up with a better solution for this problem in the future, hopefully this first change help most of you out :)

reiti.net
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Default Update v1.3.1

small bugfix:

force close when clicking between slots on new game screen

nathanpc
Old
(Last edited by nathanpc; 11th February 2012 at 03:15 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Really awesome work! Congratulations!

btw, which language was used to develop this game?
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

About Me - Night Clock - build.prop Editor - RubyGems Browser
Android User

hellot1M
Old
Thanks Meter 331
does anyone ever remember the game Crystal Mines for the original NES?? these two games are a lot alike. i miss that game. i used to play it for hours and the levels seemed endless! someone needs to port that game over!

Tags
dig, gems, miner, robot