HTC Sense 4.0 [Pics & Video]

22nd February 2012, 04:26 PM   |  #371  
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loni90

mike said its sense 3.6 (but with new firmware- maybe final)

thanks! hope its not what the Sensation will be upgraded to. its good, but this thread got me all excited ^^
22nd February 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #372  
Recognized Developer
Flag Westerville, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,579

2,113 posts
Donate to Me
More
Looks like I'll be adding a 1 star to mike's thread. Being the first to release a "custom" build is more important than sharing to him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMartin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #373  
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 301

1,707 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin

Looks like I'll be adding a 1 star to mike's thread. Being the first to release a "custom" build is more important than sharing to him.

Couldn't agree more.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobsie41 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #374  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 2,899

5,630 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin

truly a shame....

If your going to do stuff like that and NOT share, then imho you should at least state that you can't share X b/c of X reason....
The Following User Says Thank You to sgt. slaughter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #375  
Recognized Developer
Flag Westerville, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,579

2,113 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter

truly a shame....

If your going to do stuff like that and NOT share, then imho you should at least state that you can't share X b/c of X reason....

If you can release a custom build....there is no acceptable reason you shouldn't be able share the RUU.
22nd February 2012, 05:23 PM   |  #376  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,304

488 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Seems I've found the origin of why I was getting spammed on Twitter. You're lucky I'm not giving you a warning and/or infraction for that. You do know no one is obligated to dev the ROMs and share RUUs with you?

There are actual legal reasons why a lot of leaked RUUs can't be shared, e.g. why capychimp's endeavor leak got shut down. Sharing leaked RUU files can be counted as "complicit in distributing proprietary and potentially illegally acquired code".

Another reason is most leaked RUUs are watermarks, and I don't just mean the annoying overlay blocking your screen, I mean the bits of code compiled into the ROM itself; you can't repack an RUU from modified files with the watermarks stripped from them.

TL;DR - If you like a ROM, give it an appropriate star rating. Don't be a spoilt brat and start up drama.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shenye For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #377  
OP Senior Member
Flag SWEDEN
Thanks Meter: 231

686 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenye

Seems I've found the origin of why I was getting spammed on Twitter. You're lucky I'm not giving you a warning and/or infraction for that. You do know no one is obligated to dev the ROMs and share RUUs with you?

There are actual legal reasons why a lot of leaked RUUs can't be shared, e.g. why capychimp's endeavor leak got shut down. Sharing leaked RUU files can be counted as "complicit in distributing proprietary and potentially illegally acquired code".

Another reason is most leaked RUUs are watermarks, and I don't just mean the annoying overlay blocking your screen, I mean the bits of code compiled into the ROM itself; you can't repack an RUU from modified files with the watermarks stripped from them.

TL;DR - If you like a ROM, give it an appropriate star rating. Don't be a spoilt brat and start up drama.

i hope not youre addressing that to me, cos i havent done nothing. when they told me you had a leak, i went and checked youre twitter cos thats interesting news. but i did not wrote a single word to you.

be more specified to whom youre talking to, or even write him/her an PM or something.

also, what did you expect? when you announce something like that on a public site (like Twitter) and "brag" about having it.. of course many ppl are going to check whats what (and maybe even share it) - is all part of the game. dont play that game if you cant handle it...
Last edited by loni90; 22nd February 2012 at 05:48 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loni90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #378  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,304

488 posts
Donate to Me
More
The first part of my post was addressed to whoever that went "spam him on twitter". Most people who spammed me wouldn't know what to even do with an RUU, let alone know how to port it.
22nd February 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #379  
Quote:
Originally Posted by loni90

i hope not youre addressing that to me, cos i havent done nothing. when they told me you had a leak, i went and checked youre twitter cos theats interesting news. but i did not wrote a single word to you.

be more specified to whom youre talking to, or even write him/her an PM or something.

also, what did you expect? when you announce something like that on a public site (like Twitter) and "brag" about having it.. of course many ppl are going to check whats what (and maybe even share it) - is all part of the game. dont play that game if you cant handle it...

Oh dear... He's not referring straight to you. More a case of in general to the person encouraging twitter spam. That's childish, and a sure-fire way to NOT get it.

A pm won't help, because it was referring to anyone participating in twitter nonsense... So posting it here makes sense.

RE twitter it's hardly bragging. He has something, people blew their chance of getting near it through behaving in a silly way. And even then, if there are watermarks on the ROM, or if it's not for distribution, then you'll not get it. Enjoy any pictures, or progress on getting it on the sensation, and stop trying to justify people's jealous behaviour...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #380  
OP Senior Member
Flag SWEDEN
Thanks Meter: 231

686 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenye

The first part of my post was addressed to whoever that went "spam him on twitter". Most people who spammed me wouldn't know what to even do with an RUU, let alone know how to port it.

ok now i know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

Oh dear... He's not referring straight to you. More a case of in general to the person encouraging twitter spam. That's childish, and a sure-fire way to NOT get it.

how should i know... he could of said: "to all of you... bla bla bla" or something..

well well.. lets just forget about this, and go back to topic..

The Following User Says Thank You to loni90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0, android, htc, leak, sense, sense 4
Previous Thread Next Thread