HTC Sense 4.0 [Pics & Video]

OP loni90

1st March 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #531  
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
Im thinking about getting a sensation xe I wanted to know will it get the update to use the beats function on third party apps.
1st March 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #532  
OP Senior Member
Flag SWEDEN
Thanks Meter: 231

686 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klownem

Im thinking about getting a sensation xe I wanted to know will it get the update to use the beats function on third party apps.

no one really knows until HTC releases the update. I think it might be a sense 4.0 thing, so it depends in if we all will be getting sense 4.0 or stick with sense 3.6.

but, as soon as a ROM is leaked, it think Devs will be able to port it over, so we all can have Beats on 3rd party apps as well.

if you´re thinking about getting a brand new HTC S-XE, i would recommend to wait till the One S is on the market... it will almost be the same price, with Sense 4.0 and Beats included.

hope that answers your question
1st March 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #533  
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
cheers im going to sell my galaxy s2 and get the xe I prefer the xe over the new htc devices due to the micro sd slot, removable battery and I like the red buttons.
Last edited by klownem; 1st March 2012 at 03:43 PM.
1st March 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #534  
Flag Chang Hua City
Thanks Meter: 118

440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klownem

cheers im going to sell my galaxy s2 and get the xe I prefer the xe over the new htc devices due to the micro sd slot, removable battery and I like the red buttons.

Yeah the no microsd slot is a deal breaker but remember, the one s has a better processor and a lot better camera with a hardware imaging chip. Current htc android phones uses its cpu to process the images
1st March 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #535  
Thanks Meter: 6

100 posts
This week is almost over... What's keeping HTC so long... Release the preview already...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium
1st March 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #536  
OP Senior Member
Flag SWEDEN
Thanks Meter: 231

686 posts
More
Donno if you read it already but HTC confessed that Sense has become a lil bit cluttered and not the most efficient. But now, with sense 4.0 they've started off from scratch!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium
1st March 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #537  
Flag Chang Hua City
Thanks Meter: 118

440 posts
More
http://blog.htc.com/2012/03/new-apis/

Quote:

This week at Mobile World Congress, during the HTC Developer Preview, we unveiled a new set of APIs that allow you to plug into some of the best features on the latest HTC Sense devices. This new set of developer tools includes:

-Beats Audio API
-Lockscreen API
-Mobile Device Management API
-And soon a HTC MediaLink HD API

Yep, that means even more possibilities to differentiate your apps, without fragmentation, when they are running on an HTC device. These new APIs really leverage some of the best new features of HTC Sense. You can enhance the audio experience of your app with Beats Audio, integrate access to your app from the HTC lock screen, or perhaps enable your app to take advantage of dual screen capabilities using Wireless HDMI to your TV. All of this is made possible by opening up these APIs as part of the HTC OpenSense SDK for developers.

1st March 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #538  

100 posts
After watching several HTC one V videos, which apparently runs on Sense 3.6, its not too different from 4.0, the multitasking tray is different, its not 3D like on sense 4.0, however its standard ICS... The camera seemed to have similar functions as Sense 4.0 like taking pics at the same time as recording a video... Not sure if this will be in for senny... Scrollable wallpaper, beats audio works with 3rd party apps too
If anyone else knows more please share, I'm still very curious

1st March 2012, 08:49 PM   |  #539  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 2,940

5,639 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilChinchster

After watching several HTC one V videos, which apparently runs on Sense 3.6, its not too different from 4.0, the multitasking tray is different, its not 3D like on sense 4.0, however its standard ICS... The camera seemed to have similar functions as Sense 4.0 like taking pics at the same time as recording a video... Not sure if this will be in for senny... Scrollable wallpaper, beats audio works with 3rd party apps too
If anyone else knows more please share, I'm still very curious

Links of what u compared to each other?

Paul over at modaco stated the spec sheet of the V said 4.0 even though it was vague from everyone else reporting on it as there were such a wide variety of answers on that. Just like the CPU spec whether it be S2 S3 or S4 in that device...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
1st March 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #540  

100 posts
Lol I guess that was a waste, I watched some vids from MWC, they said there isn't really a working model since it has a different experience which isn't ready atm and some said it was 3.6 but on HTC website it says 4.0

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0, android, htc, leak, sense, sense 4
Previous Thread Next Thread