[CONFIRMED] Root after OTA
Just wanted to let you guys know that I still have root after I installed the OTA. I will give a few steps what I did in a few minutes.
These are the steps I used. Took a while (seemed like forever) but at least I am updated and with root. I originally came from an ICS rom then I had to flash a stock rom then RUU.
1. Flashed stock recovery (Link below)
2. Locked bootloader (fastboot oem lock)
3. Flashed RUU 1.02.605.6 (link below)
4. Installed OTA (check for new software updates when booted)
5. Unlocked bootloader (http://www.htcdev.com/
6. Flashed RA recovery (found in forum)
7. Installed su and superuser under Developer menu under RA recovery
The RUU I used was found at http://www.scottsroms.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=37
Thanks scrosler for having that available!
The stock recovery can be downloaded at http://db.tt/tw5m33ZG
. Unzip and flash in Fastboot using command "fastboot flash recovery recovery_signed.img"
HTC Thunderbolt > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > HTC Rezound >
HTC DNA > HTC One
TO MY PHONE FUND!!!
My GitHub: https://github.com/Flyhalf205?tab=repositories