Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

AGPS Patch HTC Desire 3.1 & 2.2 | | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK MORE SATS

OP crypted

30th January 2012, 08:26 PM   |  #41  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,135

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1voyvoy

I was in the car driving home. I must say that was first trial and starting from a narrow hidden road. However kept confusing my location all the way untill home and therefore re routing each 5-10 minutes. Any advise?

Post note: I was in edinburgh ( UK ) i do not know if then i should get a different trunk ??

What was your margin of error in the gps status app?

Describe how it was confusing your location?

This doesn't do anything to make a gps map program operate better than its libs provide for. Have you tried another map app or know this one is 110% operational.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
30th January 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 6

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

What was your margin of error in the gps status app?

Describe how it was confusing your location?

This doesn't do anything to make a gps map program operate better than its libs provide for. Have you tried another map app or know this one is 110% operational.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Do not worry was a small tiral. I go for a meeting tomorrow and i wiill report feed back. I am still on a beta rom and that can be the case. Thanks anyway.
31st January 2012, 01:12 AM   |  #43  
Flag Birmingham

89 posts
More
I've just downloaded this and can't wait to try it. For ages I have had issues with the GPS on lots of roms, mainly where I would get a lock, then lose it again every 5 seconds or so. It's also happening on my current rom Cyanogen 7.1. Interestingly, if I reboot the phone the GPS then works fine, as though something is messing with the GPS as the phone is used which rebooting clears out. Dunno if this makes sense to anyone.

I will flash this tomorrow when I have a bit of spare time and will report back. Hopefully this will fix the only remaining issue I have with my Desire.
31st January 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #44  
Flag Birmingham

89 posts
More
Flashed this morning. No adverse effects. Not used GPS for 2 weeks. Initial fix took about a minute though car was moving. Return trip fix took around 10 seconds. Never lost signal at all. Seems to work. Thank you for sharing.
31st January 2012, 04:16 PM   |  #45  
Flag Miami, FL

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBrum

Flashed this morning. No adverse effects. Not used GPS for 2 weeks. Initial fix took about a minute though car was moving. Return trip fix took around 10 seconds. Never lost signal at all. Seems to work. Thank you for sharing.

Yeah, first locks take some time. It's good to let it run for a while to build up the cache.
31st January 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #46  

121 posts
as i promised
came back from the meeting. GPS working perfect!!! big thanks!!!
31st January 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 407

4,009 posts
More
saw that one of the ICS builds has this built in now
31st January 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #48  
Flag Miami, FL

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothaen

saw that one of the ICS builds has this built in now

Ah really? What one? I don't recall any dev informing me of it via private message for this device. No big deal, I just like to keep track.
1st February 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #49  
Flag Birmingham

89 posts
More
Well, just to report, I used the GPS again this afternoon. Took about a minute to get a fix, but once it had one I never lost the signal again. So this fix does appear to have cured my problem where I would get a lock and lose it again every 5 seconds. Finally, an end to having reboot the phone every time I needed the Sat Nav. Thank you so much for sharing. I have stored this somewhere safe in case I need it again with another rom.

Working fine on Cyanogen 7.1
1st February 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 971

2,044 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

AGPS PATCH

Hello crypted,

as informed, i'm using this mod in my ROM (3.1 google build) and its working really good! Thanks again! Credits given of course....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, lock, qualcomm, satellite
Previous Thread Next Thread