Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 43,951 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AGPS Patch HTC Desire 3.1 & 2.2 | | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK MORE SATS

Tip us?

crypted
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4112

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1voyvoy View Post
I was in the car driving home. I must say that was first trial and starting from a narrow hidden road. However kept confusing my location all the way untill home and therefore re routing each 5-10 minutes. Any advise?

Post note: I was in edinburgh ( UK ) i do not know if then i should get a different trunk ??
What was your margin of error in the gps status app?

Describe how it was confusing your location?

This doesn't do anything to make a gps map program operate better than its libs provide for. Have you tried another map app or know this one is 110% operational.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

charlie1voyvoy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted View Post
What was your margin of error in the gps status app?

Describe how it was confusing your location?

This doesn't do anything to make a gps map program operate better than its libs provide for. Have you tried another map app or know this one is 110% operational.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
Do not worry was a small tiral. I go for a meeting tomorrow and i wiill report feed back. I am still on a beta rom and that can be the case. Thanks anyway.

DTBrum
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I've just downloaded this and can't wait to try it. For ages I have had issues with the GPS on lots of roms, mainly where I would get a lock, then lose it again every 5 seconds or so. It's also happening on my current rom Cyanogen 7.1. Interestingly, if I reboot the phone the GPS then works fine, as though something is messing with the GPS as the phone is used which rebooting clears out. Dunno if this makes sense to anyone.

I will flash this tomorrow when I have a bit of spare time and will report back. Hopefully this will fix the only remaining issue I have with my Desire.
Phones: Galaxy S2 running Neatrom.

DTBrum
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Flashed this morning. No adverse effects. Not used GPS for 2 weeks. Initial fix took about a minute though car was moving. Return trip fix took around 10 seconds. Never lost signal at all. Seems to work. Thank you for sharing.

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4112

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBrum View Post
Flashed this morning. No adverse effects. Not used GPS for 2 weeks. Initial fix took about a minute though car was moving. Return trip fix took around 10 seconds. Never lost signal at all. Seems to work. Thank you for sharing.
Yeah, first locks take some time. It's good to let it run for a while to build up the cache.

charlie1voyvoy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default as i promised

came back from the meeting. GPS working perfect!!! big thanks!!!

Lothaen
Old
Thanks Meter 404
saw that one of the ICS builds has this built in now
Do you want to follow me?
G+ | Twitter

Phone History:
Phillips Cellnet > Phillips Savvy > Nokia 3210 > Motorola V66i > Motorola V3 RAZR > Motorola K1 KAZR >

HTC Touch HD > HTC Desire (RUUs | S-OFF) > HTC Evo 3D GSM - S-OFF (RUUs) > LG Nexus 4

Tablet History:
Motorola Xoom - WiFi MZ604

HP TouchPad 16GB - WebOS 3.0.5 / CM10

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4112

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothaen View Post
saw that one of the ICS builds has this built in now
Ah really? What one? I don't recall any dev informing me of it via private message for this device. No big deal, I just like to keep track.

DTBrum
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Well, just to report, I used the GPS again this afternoon. Took about a minute to get a fix, but once it had one I never lost the signal again. So this fix does appear to have cured my problem where I would get a lock and lose it again every 5 seconds. Finally, an end to having reboot the phone every time I needed the Sat Nav. Thank you so much for sharing. I have stored this somewhere safe in case I need it again with another rom.

Working fine on Cyanogen 7.1

anderl78
Old
Thanks Meter 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted View Post
AGPS PATCH

Hello crypted,

as informed, i'm using this mod in my ROM (3.1 google build) and its working really good! Thanks again! Credits given of course....

Tags
gps, lock, qualcomm, satellite