Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[GAME] Jigsolve Me! - free jigsaw puzzle game [R]01-01-2012 [U]10-03-2012

OP ldokov

27th January 2012, 04:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

47 posts
Name: Jigsolve Me!

Take a look at Jigsolve Me!, my first Windows Phone game! I hope you like it!

Screenshots:

Demo video: here

Official Facebook Page: here.

Description:
Jigsolve Me! is a simple and fun jigsaw puzzle game. Unlike other games, Jigsolve Me! uses the whole screen for the puzzle - no ads, buttons or menus are displayed during gameplay.

You can quickly start a game by choosing one of the predefined difficulty settings. You can also start a customized game where you can adjust all available settings.

There are 30 images included with the game and we are working on a feature that will allow you to download more images from within the game.

To improve the gameplay we have created some special in-game features, like snapping to edges and locking puzzle pieces.

Have fun!

Version history:

Version 1.1

[New] Automatic locking of corner pieces.
[Fixed] Pieces not moving with your finger on some devices.
[Fixed] Error occuring sometimes when matching pieces.
[Fixed] Wrong off-screen detection for puzzle pieces.
[Fixed] Error occuring sometimes when shuffling pieces.
[Fixed] A crash occuring sometimes when no internet connection exists.

Version 1.2
[Fixed] Selecting a picture from the gallery was not working

Version 1.3
[New] Added 15 new images
[New] Added ability to import custom images
[New] Added sound for locking a puzzle piece
[New] Added sound for back button
[New] Added setting to disable "locked piece" prompt
[Improved] Performance improvements in image gallery
[Improved] In-game performance improvements
[Improved] Minor user interface fixes and improvements

Discussions.
I welcome any feature requests, bug reports or just random thoughts.

Thank you and take care.

Free download:

Last edited by ldokov; 16th March 2012 at 12:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ldokov For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 63

206 posts
More
very cool!! I love jigsaw puzzles.
31st January 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekaren

very cool!! I love jigsaw puzzles.

Glad you like it! Let me know if you have any suggestions or experience any issues.

Thanks!
5th February 2012, 11:53 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

182 posts
Donate to Me
More
I accidentally threw one piece out of the screen, and I can't get it back
7th February 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorysl

Could be some bug, thanks for sharing this issue. Pieces thrown out of the screen are supposed to come back almost immediately.

Was it a single piece or a few pieces joined together(one bigger piece)?

I will test some more and will try to reproduce it and fix it. No one else has reported it so it must be happening rarely.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.
7th February 2012, 07:28 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

182 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hm, i've tried to do this again, but as You said they snapped back. Last time it was chunk of 4 pieces from the edge of screen. I've tried Young info menu and going back, but still no luck.

But I have to say this id wonderfull app. I'm lovin it
7th February 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

47 posts
Quote:

Hm, i've tried to do this again, but as You said they snapped back. Last time it was chunk of 4 pieces from the edge of screen. I've tried Young info menu and going back, but still no luck.

But I have to say this id wonderfull app. I'm lovin it

Thanks for trying to reproduce it. I am glad you did not succeed, though It means this issue happens very rarely.

I am happy you like the game! More images are coming soon, so stay tuned!
7th February 2012, 02:12 PM   |  #8  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 37

488 posts
More
Red face
Quote:

Lmao!
Sorry, that sounded funny.
"New app everybody!"
"I broke it"

Anyway, cool app! Thanks!
24th February 2012, 01:02 PM   |  #9  
Flag Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 42

1,030 posts
More
Alright, I had it for the past 3 weeks or so and here is the rundown.

The good: Great app, great collection of lovely puzzles with different themes and levels of difficulty. Amused me for hours and is a great time killer, especially during travel. Loved the choices provided and found it hard to put down.

The not so good: Buggy, occasionally sluggish, pieces do mysteriously disappear - had just one to go, so know it wasn't there. Among the biggest bugs and annoyances - pieces not turning when supposed to, pieces not locking in when they should and the constant 'locked pieces' popup notifications, even for pieces just stuck due to bug. Some puzzles had to be abandoned because the they got either too sluggish or pieces became unmanageable. Once or twice couldn't quit the whole game, not just particular puzzle played at the time.

Overall: Great game and concept regardless of the above. Once the small bits and pieces are ironed out, it will be one of my personal favorites. Would love the opportunity to use own pictures for puzzles.

Thank You very much for creating it, I really enjoyed it and wish you all the best with games development, I think you are on the right track
24th February 2012, 01:57 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

47 posts

Thank you very much for your opinion and feedback. This type of feedback, especially the "not so good" part, really helps me improve the game. I promise I'll do my best to fix all those problems you mentioned

I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions, they will help me identify the problems and come up with solutions/fixes.

1. What phone are you using? Should not really matter, but is always good to know.

2. What do you mean by "pieces not turning when supposed to"? Do you mean that in a game with enabled rotation pieces do not rotate when you tap them?

3. What do you mean by "pieces not locking in when they should"? There are two cases when pieces are locked: (1) when an unlocked piece is matched with a locked piece, the combined piece gets locked and (2) when you position a corner piece in its correct corner it gets locked.

4. About the "locked piece" popup: it appears when you try to move a locked piece more than certain number of pixels, to tell you not to try and to let you know that this is not a bug. I introduced this in the latest version along with "automatic locking". If you lock the piece yourself, you probably know about the locking, but if not, you might think it is some bug, hence the popup. Let me know if you have an idea how to improve that.

5. What do you mean by "couldn't quit the whole game"? You cannot get to the main menu or when you get there and press Back it does not exit?

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to write here.

I am almost finished with the new version. It will have 15 more images and ability to import images from your phone. Hope you'll like it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread