5,597,501 Members 31,518 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What's next? Life after the Captivate...

Tip us?

bobbylx
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Had my Captivate since a week or so after release. Can't say that I love ATT, but had them a long time now and get a nice corporate discount. Also, one of the main reasons I stick with ATT is the fact that they use SIM cards, I like to be able to swap phones any time I like.

As for upgrades, I'm due in June so hopefully there will be something new and flashy out around that time, but I'm not in any rush.
DEVICE: ATT HTC One X
ROM: Who knows?

aeodan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I honestly love my Captivate too much to give it up.
I've had it since release and haven't had a problem with it outside the speaker problem that was easy to fix. I don't plan on moving for another year or so <3

Ozark_8125
Old
Thanks Meter 106
I had an iPhone 3GS for a couple years (begrudgingly..) after HTC tilt/tilt2... but missed y'all on xda so bought a captivate after my wife got a 4s for Christmas and I thought it wasn't worth an upgrade. Then comparing the 3gs to the cappy - it was easy to ditch the 3gs and go android. Love the meat to bun ratio on that beautiful screen. I've never been in a contract, but will probably give the S3 a good look when it comes out - or the sony. Just as a side note - I bought my wife the apple care plan when I got her phone - is there anything similar with the android phones on ATT? The ATT plan didn't look like a good deal compared to apple care. Squaretrade looked like it had a lot of positive reviews online.

jgr208
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I might get the atrix 2. Since I don't like to fool around with my phone too much and want one with a car dock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

scottcwhite
Old
Thanks Meter 223
I want the note

Sent from my Captivate running ICS 4.0 with ICS NOVA launcher
NEXUS 4: PARANOID ANDROID 4.4 / SLIMkat 4.4
SGSIII GT-I9300: Stock rooted and for sale
Captivate: SLIM ICS 4.2 with Semaphore 1.2.6sc for sale
SGTab 10.1: KitKat

rquiett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark_8125 View Post
I had an iPhone 3GS for a couple years (begrudgingly..) after HTC tilt/tilt2... but missed y'all on xda so bought a captivate after my wife got a 4s for Christmas and I thought it wasn't worth an upgrade. Then comparing the 3gs to the cappy - it was easy to ditch the 3gs and go android. Love the meat to bun ratio on that beautiful screen. I've never been in a contract, but will probably give the S3 a good look when it comes out - or the sony. Just as a side note - I bought my wife the apple care plan when I got her phone - is there anything similar with the android phones on ATT? The ATT plan didn't look like a good deal compared to apple care. Squaretrade looked like it had a lot of positive reviews online.
Square trade used to be really good. Now it seems like putting a claim in with them is like pulling teeth. that's just my two cents from having 3 of their warranties. The first two back a few years ago went good. Last one they supposedly tested device and came back working when it did not at all.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

"The flames of freedom. How lovely. How just. Ahh, my precious anarchy... "

viny2cool
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Galaxy nexus on ATT for google support...or GS3 for its awesomeness...
Nexus 5
ATT Samsung Galaxy S III (Backup phone)
HP Touchpad: CM10.1

cbasse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
So, looks like my decision may be easier than I thought. Just called at&t and found that I still have an early term charge of $145. So, unless I can wait until July or so to make a move, I'll probably be going with whatever the top phone is through at&t.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

bbtiger
Old
(Last edited by bbtiger; 31st January 2012 at 02:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMonster View Post
I personally think the Galaxy Note would be heavenly . I don't use my cappy as a phone but more as a pmp (personal media player) and think a 5" pmp would be heaven.

Sent from Monster Droid
Yeah, I love my cappy as a pmp. It just sounds amazing!!! (the best pmp on the market afaik) if you rooted and rockboxed it. I compared the mp3 on a friend's SGSII and my cappy with Voodoo sound, guess which one I like (Samsung just dropped the ball on the SGSII, IMOH)? I always came back to my cappy just because of the Voodoo sound.

I'm waiting for the SGS3 and see if Samsung will use a better DAC chip as it used Wolfson's WM8994 DAC in the cappy.

Regardless of what I'll be getting next for my phone, I just keep my cappy as my PMP of choice

Gun Bunny
Old
Thanks Meter 7
My contract is up in June, by then the Sony Ion will be out (maybe with ICS), it looks like a very nice phone.
Love my cappy, but might have to jump ship and switch brands.