Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root in Argentina and Brazil official update

Tip us?

nicofff
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default bootloader version

Pretty sure it's a long shot, but i'll ask anyway.

I have the 2.3.6 personal ROM (flashed while it was in the official tech support). Looking in the firmwares superthread, it says that this ROM uses the 70.13 bootloader, but mine uses the 70.12.

Does the no root, no downgrade apply also to this bootloader. Or does it allow me to try something else. I've already tried all rooting methods around.

I'll be willing to try some downgrade, root methods, if they don't brick the phone.

Otherwise i'll just sit around and wait for an exploit to surface.

sminatore
Old
Thanks Meter 4
hi everybody! are there still no news about how to root 2.3.6 vivo? .......

giannihsd
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default same problems

Hi,

I'm an italian user, I have the same problem with "personal roma 2.3.6"

And my motorola don't go in roaming mode when it not find my operator network
Is not a sim problem because other phone use roaming network

fegerman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
How i can make a screenshot on 2.3.6 vivo?

mollyboy007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy why cant we rooting personal

i just cant believe this... i installed that Stupid Personal and now i just cant get it off... i've searched the internet over and over for a month now and no progress.
so do anyone know when we will get news.... or i should say good news... i am reading up on this Motorola SBF files but nothing new.... need more information...

InfecteDG
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyboy007 View Post
i just cant believe this... i installed that Stupid Personal and now i just cant get it off... i've searched the internet over and over for a month now and no progress.
so do anyone know when we will get news.... or i should say good news... i am reading up on this Motorola SBF files but nothing new.... need more information...
there's a new method BUT didn't worked for me, but u must try it, read all instructions first

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1586570

mollyboy007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Personal Fails to root

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfecteDG View Post
there's a new method BUT didn't worked for me, but u must try it, read all instructions first

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1586570

well im sad to say but i did not get it rooted also so sad. i cant believe there is no other way to root personal. i searching the internet every night now still no news....

well i will be waiting for the day when i get good news..

Stranyer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyboy007 View Post
well im sad to say but i did not get it rooted also so sad. i cant believe there is no other way to root personal. i searching the internet every night now still no news....

well i will be waiting for the day when i get good news..
Same here, i can't believe it!

But well, i guess we need to keep waiting and having faith... I really hate this ROM grrr

fourl6
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Im going to play dumb and send my milestone 2 back under warranty, its only 6 months old and after trying to install a custom GB rom i bricked my phone and the only sbf file that brought it to life was the Argentina Personal M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27.

So iv flashed the stock optus sbf to the phone Australia Optus MILS2_U6_2.2.19 (it just shows a blank screen) and will send it back.

felipechaulet
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi guys,
I've the same problem, but I read on a forum that if your M2 with Vivo is unlocked for any operators, it accept a retail rom over the Vivo rom. Also, my M2 does not have the R01 of the death. In fact, I don't know, my system is:
System Version
45.2.2710.A953.Vivo.en.BR
Build Number
4.5.2-51_M2L-27

But, I also have:
Revision Number:

So, I don't know is the R01 have to come in the build version or this Revision Number also applies.
Anyway. My phone is unlocked, I'm using Tim operator right now.
I bought my M2 this week and it comes with Froyo from Vivo. Then, as I didn't know about this thing from Vivo rom, I updated from the Motorola software Update. But, in the Motorola website, I've selected the Retail version, to make de update, and still, my phone was updated with the Vivo version. At least I think so, because I've tried to root the phone with all of the possible ways and didn't works.
So, I'm wondering, if my phone is unlocked, can I install a retail rom over the Vivo rom? I have the retail file to make the upload, but I don't have the Vivo file, so I'm afraid to make any test, because if something goes wrong, I have to put the Vivo rom back to the phone. Then, if somebody have the Vivo sbf, please, send me a link.
Thanks