5,593,293 Members 33,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OK.. I want this phone debricked from WP7. Let's do this!

Tip us?

Scougar
Old
(Last edited by Scougar; 27th January 2012 at 08:10 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default OK.. I want this phone debricked from WP7. Let's do this!

OK... so I've posted in various threads about being stuck between WM6/6.5 and WP7, but from all I've tried so far all I can do is basically go between bootloaders getting blue/white leds and doing the flashes of various ROM's and getting nowhere. I personally believe the bootloaders are not working with the phone or something along those lines. Perhaps mine (and many others) phones are slightly different versions? (Model: TG01 / FCC ID:SP2-TM5-E01 / TYPE: TM5-E01 / Below barcode: MD: 0906)

I have flashed a whole variety of 6 and 6.5 ROM's without ever having an issue. So why won't it flash back now? Hence why I think it's the boot loader(s).

So, what are my options?

1) Can I short pin it? How do I do this.. what boot loader do I need on the phone? Is a boot loader necessary for this?
2) What other software tools might I be able to try, bearing in mind I can't load anything other than a bootloader and flash stuff that doesn't work.
3) Get a different boot loader??

(And frankly: Whilst we all except the risks of flashing ROM's, there seem to be a lot of people trying WP7 and failing, and being bricked.. I believe there is a common cause and we can revive people's phones - more than just mine).
At some point as a professional developer I'm actually going to try writing something/working with/for Android... so far.. I've managed Hello World LOL.
Huawei Y300 budget wonder phone.
HTC EVO 3D - Gone to a watery grave (Awesome phone).
LG Optimus 2x P990: SOLD

Scougar
Old
(Last edited by Scougar; 28th January 2012 at 12:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
When doing the PIN method, does it matter what the .enc file is called?

I'm trying pin short method because the downloader doesn't seem to have much effect.

EDIT: Nothing seems to happen when I short pin and press reset... seems a bit odd.
At some point as a professional developer I'm actually going to try writing something/working with/for Android... so far.. I've managed Hello World LOL.

jonnyhall1bmx1
Old
Thanks Meter 133
i revived mine about 10 times haha have you got facebook so we can use the chat on there? then i can try my best to help you out !!!
SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 I9100

RESSURECTION v2.2

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1544
This could potentially help me with my bricked TG01 too....
What bootloader were you on when your device 'bricked'?

I was on Windows Phone 7 bootloader

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
Google Nexus 4 Stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
HTC Desire S Andromadus Jelly Bean 4.2.2

If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

Scougar
Old
(Last edited by Scougar; 28th January 2012 at 09:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyhall1bmx1 View Post
i revived mine about 10 times haha have you got facebook so we can use the chat on there? then i can try my best to help you out !!!
Got MSN/Skype/google talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
This could potentially help me with my bricked TG01 too....
What bootloader were you on when your device 'bricked'?

I was on Windows Phone 7 bootloader

Bootloader: The bootloaders that were supplied by mirolg for the upgrade to WP7. I can flash between the WM6 bootloader and the WP7 bootloader, just it never boots (Obviously flashing the right OS after each).

I am wondering if there is a difference in the models/versions of phone that would cause the bootloader not to work?

NOTE: My only other concern is regarding the instructions. It doesn't make it clear what you need to do with the drivers for the USB. On my PC('s) is won't work with actually manually installed the drivers from the directories, otherwise no phone (port) is ever detected... but they seem to ignore this point. I had to go into the device manager to get it to see the port in order to flash. So.. is this right or wrong?

jonnyhall1bmx1
Old
Thanks Meter 133
i have msn messenger, jonnyhall1@hotmail.co.uk , if you would like help i have some of my own methods to try and have worked on my tg01 sevreal times. just add me on msn messenger and i will help you out the best i can
SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 I9100

RESSURECTION v2.2

Scougar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Sent a request (Best take your email off again :) in case of spam)

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1544
Any news/progress ?

Google Nexus 4 Stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
HTC Desire S Andromadus Jelly Bean 4.2.2

If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

Scougar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
No progress yet. Same bricked state.

Even the short pin method won't work (Nothing actually happens when I try this method).

Scougar
Old
(Last edited by Scougar; 11th February 2012 at 11:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Trying to flash WP7 now with QPST, but it's not having it :(

I can't get to the proper download mode, so use the hold camera button and power button, and it detects the 'download mode' it says, and then flashes multiple colours on the led. I press start in QPST, and it just goes to a white LED and says 'timeout waiting for ACK'

Major bummer.

EDIT: Phone now completed *********. Fabulous.