Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 44,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+][ROOT] Usb Host Controller 0.42

Tip us?

DforDesign
Old
(Last edited by DforDesign; 22nd April 2012 at 06:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Hey sztupy.

I have a question. I want to use xbox 360 controller for windows with wireless receiver with my sgs II. I'm using syiah kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1555259

When I connect it the leds are blinking and it's recognized in your USB host controller under connected usb devicec, however it says S3C USB host driver NOT found. Can I somehow add it? Is iut passible? I'm "fighting" with it since a week and can't find a solution. I don't need extra power, right?

Thanks in advance.

akaSM
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I tried this app in my Xperia Pro (stock everything, 2.34, rooted) and it worked nicely, except for this:

Quote:
mkdir failed for -p, Read-only file system
No such file or directory
I had to manually make the folders I had set in the app to be able to mount anything but, after that, mounting my devices was fine.

Also, the "please wait" message stays there for a long time, but as soon as text appears behind the "please wait" message, if I change the screen orientation, the message disappears and I can use the app.

Finally, my phone detects a couple card readers I have but, I cannot mount them, that is until I connect one (any) USB hub, after that I can mount my card readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNiSh View Post
is possible use mass-storage devices on SE Xperia Pro (stock ROM) via OTG cable? I had both, but works just with mouses, keyboards etc. when I connect for example USB-stick flash drive, it just say "unknown device connected). in latest version app "USB host controller" I am possible see all connected devices with right names, but they never shows in "mass-storage" section

root is needed or not? in few days I will try flash CM7 or CM9 and then I will try it again
Yes it is, I just did it. To use a hard drive, I had to use external power though. Also, have in mind the card reader issue I mentioned.

sztupy
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 854

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DforDesign View Post
Hey sztupy.

I have a question. I want to use xbox 360 controller for windows with wireless receiver with my sgs II. I'm using syiah kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1555259

When I connect it the leds are blinking and it's recognized in your USB host controller under connected usb devicec, however it says S3C USB host driver NOT found. Can I somehow add it? Is iut passible? I'm "fighting" with it since a week and can't find a solution. I don't need extra power, right?

Thanks in advance.
That line is for SGS1 users, it won't bother you. The controller should work just fine on SGS2, without external power, and on it's own.

akaSM
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Ok so, it seems the app doesn't really work in the Xperia Pro, at least not by itself. I had the USB STORAGE MANAGER installed the first time I tried Usb Host Controller 0.44, and everything worked according to my previous post. Since I found a nice replacement to USB STORAGE MANAGER, I uninstalled it. I rebooted my phone and, the next time I used Usb Host Controller 0.44, I could see the connected devices but, none of them were mountable.

Since Usb Host Controller 0.44 no longer worked, I installed USB STORAGE MANAGER again and, surprise, Usb Host Controller 0.44 was working fine again!

Is there anything I can do to help figure what's going on, and why is it dependent on USB STORAGE MANAGER (at least in my phone)

hedpe
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sztupy View Post
No, it's not this.

You have to create a file in /system/etc/permissions called android.hardware.usb.host.xml with the contents:

http://code.google.com/p/ics-nexus-s....host.xml?r=18
thanks a bunch! I appreciate how responsive you are.

me21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

is it possible to connect usb-to-serial converter with this application and to use it from another application?

zarstustra93
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the htc hd2 running?

barrmulio
Old
Thanks Meter 354

DONATE TO ME
has anyone had any luck with microsd card readers? my cards are recognized in the 'connected usb devices' section as silicon motion generic usb2.0 card, but nothing under mass storage device

dsmsg indicates device isn't supported

akaSM
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrmulio View Post
has anyone had any luck with microsd card readers? my cards are recognized in the 'connected usb devices' section as silicon motion generic usb2.0 card, but nothing under mass storage device

dsmsg indicates device isn't supported
Try using a usb hub, for some reason card readers work only when connected to a hub, except for a few ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to akaSM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

barrmulio
Old
Thanks Meter 354

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaSM View Post
Try using a usb hub, for some reason card readers work only when connected to a hub, except for a few ones.
thanks - that worked!

Tags
app, otg, root, usb, usb host