Fserve, Hephappy, PaoloM70, Roqu3, doixanh : For every things. All credits give to you guy, specially is Fserve, Thank you Gerson !
af974, YZ: Thanks for being good Moderators for XDA Forum
Cyanogenmod Team, Code Aurora Forum: Special Thanks for sharing their kernel source with a lot of patches! .
Tasssadar: For many advices .
DJNoxD: Big Thank for helping me and to fix errors
alezardstar, Aspee, RockR172, Andy572: Big thanks for helping me a lot
Der_Caveman, Mik_os, Franco Francisco, selphien and.... sorry i can't remember all people, Thanks for sharing and advising!
All XDA "GOOD" Members .
Based on "gingerbread_rel" branch from Code Aurora Forum, merged into CM7 official kernel source. Thanks to Hephappy for doing this .
Backported stuffs from 3.0 kernel to make this kernel run on ICS ROM - All Credits to LGICS Team.
Updated kernel version from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 with Power Management patches for better battery life.
Completly Fair Scheduler with Autogroup feature.
Overclocking support. CPU Frequencies that added: from 652Mhz - 806Mhz.
- Tip: Most of P500 can overclock to 729Mhz, becareful with higher frequencies.
Implemented SmartassV2 Governor with optimizations. Use as default governor.
Implemented optimized touch screen driver with multi-touching hack and High CPU Usage bug workaround (CPU Usage goes high when you touch the screen).
- Thanks to Der_Caveman for rewriting a better touch screen driver, waleedq and sippolo for implementing Axis Inversion hack, fserve for High CPU Usage bug fixes.
Camera Flickering fix
Tons of patches/tweaks from CAF, Cyanogenmod, me, many other people... All credits to them!
Enabling GPS will bring "GPS wakelock". This will prevent your phone from going to deep sleep
Fix: Reboot your phone after enable GPS.
Random Rebooting... Nothing to say!
Provide logcat when report bugs!
How to install:
Install the Kernel:
Reboot to Recovery.
Backup all thing FIRST!
Choose the caf-p500-xxxxxxxx-xxxx.zip (xxxxxxxx-xxxx is the kernel version)
Done it right? Reboot the system and Enjoy.
Tricks/Tips for getting better battery life:
Use the default governor - smartassv2! Highly Recommend!
Don't use CPU Profiles, SmartassV2 already has that.
Don't over clock your phone to higher than 729Mhz.
Is it possible to enable uid_stat in this kernel?
This stuff activates per application traffic counter. Very useful thing with expensive mobile internet...
. Well, thank you for the tip
- Apply some PM patches, hope those patches can improve battery life
- Use XZ compression to compress kernel image.
- Please notice this version is for testing!
- Compiled with lastest Android NDK (r8b - new 4.6.3 GCC for ICS and Jelly Bean). And now Wifi module size is reduced from about 3MB to ~400KB .
- TUN/TAP module now is built in kernel image . Well, get more free space on ICS and Jelly Bean is awesome
- Update to Kernel release 18.104.22.168. (But i haven't apply some Power Management (PM) patches yet).
- Add Snappy compression support to zram. (this patch is from Zeev Tarantov . With Snappy, Zram uses less CPU time and is thus more useful, thanks to him!)
- Patches from Rashed97 - Who brought Unofficial CM10 Build for our device
Fix mdp4_overlay for MDPI devices.
Hack for CRT animations fix.
- disable GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS Sleeper Fairness in CFS. (this patch is from securecrt - Who Developed HWA kernel for ICS. Disabling Gentle Fair Sleepers could improve UI responsiveness. Thanks to him, too !)
- Restored a missed patch, AND USB MASS STORAGE PROBLEM ON ICS ROM IS FIXED WITH THIS PATCH (this patch is from Hephappy. Thanks to him!)
20/08/2012: From alezardstar, post #1048. Big thank to him!
- smartassv2: some optimization for the governor.
- Use original CPU Frequencies. - No More Undervolted CPU Frequencies!
- Compiled with lastest Android NDK (r8b - new 4.6.3 GCC for ICS and Jelly Bean).
- Disabled Vsync for scrolling smoothness.
- Various tweaks from me. (Undervolted CPU frequencies (Undervolt 1 level): 122, 245, 320, 480, 600 Mhz. Increase Vibration level (from 115 to 120)).
- p500: Fix proximity sensor (thanks cyrix.vs) (took from hephappy, thanks to cyrix.vs).
- qdsp5: Incall recording pcm driver (took from hephappy).
- Tune dirty_background_ratio and vm_dirty_ratio (nobodyAtall AKA nAa from Xperia X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro Mobile Phone developement)
- Revert "Backport memory manager (mm) from ics_chocolate" module_alloc fails when wireless module activated in AP mode (hephappy).
- Revert "bcm4325: disable wakeup irq when device sleeps". (me)
- cpufreq: smartass2: change DEFAULT_RAMP_UP_STEP. (me)
- Implement optimized touch screen driver by Der_Caveman (Big thank to Tasssadar).
- sched_fair tweaks for improving performance. (IHO from OV).
- bcm4325: Force powersave mode, disable wakeup irq when device sleeps (IHO from OV, Mik_os).
- add the Stochastic Fair Blue (SFB) network scheduler. (LorDClockaN).
- fix rpcrouter misspelling (css771).
- usb: gadget: Remove unsupported mtp & ptp functions (hephappy).
- Disabled Hardware Keyboard support.
- Fix Data Usage - Set mobile data limit funtion for ICS. (lupohirp)
- Fix battery stat for ICS. (lupohirp).
- Enable Zcache in kernel. (me)
- Some bluetooth patches (Peter Hurley, jhovold).
- ext4: check for zero length extent (tytso)
- Fix USB Mass Storage for ICS. (hephappy).
- Bluesleep: Fix Wakeup (Tasssadar).
- Split out 2 part: Kernel (Normal Users) and Extra Modules (Extra For VPN, Tethering Users).
- Updated KGSL drivers (mikegapinski).
- Added frontswap, zCache, Cleancache; updated zRam. (lupohirp).
- Added Genlock (mikegapinski).
- Updated vidc/camera headers for compatibility (mikegapinski).
- Backport Memory Manager (mm) from Code Aurora Forum kernel, ics_chocolate branch (hephappy).
- Backport binder from 3.0rc6 kernel (Drew Walton)
- msm_fb : Add support for Yamato format (our adreno200 gpu) (lupohirp).
- Updated VFP code (lupohirp).
- Update network interface (adfad6666).
- cpufreq: backport cpufreq code from 3.0rc6 kernel (me).
- USB: f_mass_storage: Disable write cache support (Chiranjeevi Velempati).
- Many sched, autogroup patches (Mike Galbraith)
HTC Desire HD
The one who brought sweep2wake feature for Atmel touch panel driver to HTC Desire HD .
First for Android with Sense 4.1, then for AOSP based ROM.
Advice: Only Use Original Software
Nevermind, install CyanogenMod ROM, doesn't matter it's unofficial or official version, believe me, it's still the best!
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to thachtunganh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
The topic of piracy is always a touchy subject, but I feel that the grass roots style of Android … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?