Originally Posted by iliyancho
Hello all! Is there a chance to remove ADW launcher and install go launcher or launcher pro?
Im with unlocked bootloader and rooted.
Sent from my HTC Wildfire S powered by CM 7.2 using XDA App
If you want to replace ADW, yes its possible and basicly recommended since CM uses old build of ADW, even tough its made for system use. But yes its possible. And its recommended to do it the way I have done it.
1) get Titanium backup from market, free version will do just fine
2) get an app that can browse root and set permissions (Root browser free recommended)
3) get the launcher APK you want to replace ADW with, it can be old version, market will update it to the latest.
Once you have all these
1) Rename your desired launcher "Launcher.apk"
2) Copy it to system/app
3) Set its permissions to match this
Read Write Execute
Owner X X X
4) Reboot phone
5) after reboot press home and choose your desired launcher
6) delete ADWlauncher via Titanium backup (Also any other app can be removed using TB, default keyboard for example)
Hope you get your desired launcher
Replaced mine with MIUI ADW Launcher btw