Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

New Droid 3

OP d7benjamin

5th April 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
I have just received a replacement D3 and it had shipped with the 5.7.906 update. I was wondering if there was a way to root it and if ROMs that use the old BP tools and things like that, that prevent from downgrading. If so, can I install a ROM that uses the 5.7.906 system apps will install correctly and work. Currently I have not found or seen anyone with the fast boot /.XML/RSD lite files to restore it if anything goes wrong. I'm just worried that I won't be able to get back to stock if something goes wrong in the install process. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
7th April 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
More
Intriguing!

Did youo receive your phone as a replacement from Verizon? If it's brand new and it runs on 5.7.906, I surmise that the next official OTA would certainly be 5.7.906. This will absolutely make some folks relaxed since they're worrying that 5.7.906 might not be the right update path. In this case, if anything goes wrong, just head over the thread about OTA Leak and flash it onto your device.

About ROM, unless the developer specifies in their thread, your phone should be ok with any.

Good luck!
7th April 2012, 06:47 AM   |  #3  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 1

73 posts
Donate to Me
More
You are most likely the luckest droid 3 user youhave the lastest ota update already

sent from my FULLY CUSTOMIZED DROID3 using swype and the gifts god gave me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.7.906, droid 3, fastboot, root
Previous Thread Next Thread