FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

New Droid 3

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By d7benjamin, Junior Member on 5th April 2012, 09:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have just received a replacement D3 and it had shipped with the 5.7.906 update. I was wondering if there was a way to root it and if ROMs that use the old BP tools and things like that, that prevent from downgrading. If so, can I install a ROM that uses the 5.7.906 system apps will install correctly and work. Currently I have not found or seen anyone with the fast boot /.XML/RSD lite files to restore it if anything goes wrong. I'm just worried that I won't be able to get back to stock if something goes wrong in the install process. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

7th April 2012, 03:08 AM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Intriguing!

Did youo receive your phone as a replacement from Verizon? If it's brand new and it runs on 5.7.906, I surmise that the next official OTA would certainly be 5.7.906. This will absolutely make some folks relaxed since they're worrying that 5.7.906 might not be the right update path. In this case, if anything goes wrong, just head over the thread about OTA Leak and flash it onto your device.

About ROM, unless the developer specifies in their thread, your phone should be ok with any.

Good luck!
7th April 2012, 06:47 AM |#3  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
You are most likely the luckest droid 3 user youhave the lastest ota update already

sent from my FULLY CUSTOMIZED DROID3 using swype and the gifts god gave me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.7.906, droid 3, fastboot, root
Previous Thread Next Thread