5,605,685 Members 48,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[29/4][ICS]4.0.3 RC4.2 Unkanged/stock +wifi calling kernel &wifi files (testing only)

Tip us?

Jarmezrocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
All goo thanks man. I think I have everything I need. It is pretty much just a log cat every release to see if anything has improved or where I am still getting stuck or where i need to look next.

MD5# FAF1CFD7FEDFA1B5EC81DB7809931FED
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7262928_4760752_92955

Glitch kernel (as late as I could go without the CM9 only one) with improved supercharger scripting. I missed the components in the base of the SD card and the script DOES check there for them too

RaymondPJR
Old
(Last edited by RaymondPJR; 10th March 2012 at 01:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 646
Quote:
Code name Lurch. who ever gets the wifi calling initiated can print "YOU RANG?" hahaha
Lol, too funny! Rats, I'm always out lately, life is getting to be too busy. Maybe I can test tomorrow. I hope I see something promising when I go to the next page.
EDIT: Downloading now, maybe I can get around to flashing it tomorrow. Hope to see some feedback before then.
When the spell is over... we will rediscover... there is no other... we are one, we are one, we are one... --Ajamu Mutima

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: Stock UVALH2 + Root
Modem: UVLI4
UI: Apex Launcher
Storage: 32GB Class 6
"I know you want to touch it and feel the awesomeness in your hand, but don't." (Taken out of context)-XDA Member Dammit2Hell on proper procedure after flashing Nero V4

Jarmezrocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
Word of warning from me. I read the V6 supercharger thread, the phone will bootloop! Do a battery pull and then boot again. It will do this maybe 3 times (I think it says it in the script) and then it will load. It takes time to optimise all of the dbs from what I understand?

I just flashed from wipe and it did this to me. But it is all working now

adm1jtg
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Just a quick observation. The filename is sch_i997 is this the right file for vibrant which is off course the t959

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

edecan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ohh very good thanx

RaymondPJR
Old
(Last edited by RaymondPJR; 11th March 2012 at 05:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 646
Default Alpha T-Mob

I'm up to my eyeballs in chores and other stuff. I still haven't managed to flash yet and I'm afraid I may run out of steam later when I do have time. *Sigh* We'll see what happens.

EDIT: OK, guys, I'm goin' in. Nandroid is done, ROM is loaded and I'm ready to flash!
EDIT: Absolutely will not stop bootlooping for me. I doesnt' matter how many battery pulls, fixing permissions, or flashing other kernels over it, using the kernel cleaner by loppol in between. Will not boot. Restoring my nandroid.
EDIT: Getting my nandroid back was not easy either, had to restore nandroid>got 'can't mount data' error, flashed another kernel>worked but still wouldn't boot, did full wipe then did restored nandroid again, then did non-wipe install of ROM over top of nandroid. This time it booted. Maybe the 'mount data' error had something to do with the Jarmez's ROM not booting, I don't know.
When the spell is over... we will rediscover... there is no other... we are one, we are one, we are one... --Ajamu Mutima

"I know you want to touch it and feel the awesomeness in your hand, but don't." (Taken out of context)-XDA Member Dammit2Hell on proper procedure after flashing Nero V4

Jarmezrocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adm1jtg View Post
Just a quick observation. The filename is sch_i997 is this the right file for vibrant which is off course the t959

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
I'm confused. Yes it is for Vibrant, I must have just wrote that. I thought vibrant was i997? That is the infuse though right? Which is the one without the front facing camera? Thats you guys isn't it? Well this ROM is based off the Galaxy S, with exception of it having a Vibrant kernel (caled vibrant kernel) and KB5 modem (to suit T-mobile for the Galaxy range).

should it be renamed to T959? In that case I will update the build.prop details (they are not where you guys can see them in about phone - and that is where I had made it spoof T959 anyway....I did this so you guys could get the better apps from T-mobile should you wish). I hope that makes sense? Trust me if your a vibrant user this will work on your phone.

PS: Some updates are on their way too

RaymondPJR
Old
Thanks Meter 646
Default Alpha T-Mob

Quote:
.I did this so you guys could get the better apps from T-mobile should you wish). I hope that makes sense? Trust me if your a vibrant user this will work on your phone.
Not so fast, read my edits above.

Jarmezrocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
Some more info. With T-mo progressing to IMS. I may just look at diving straight i here rather than trying to attempt to revive the old wifi calling, seems there are some cyanogenmod guys working on this, so naturally I chimed in on their thread and they asked if someone was good with reverse engineering? So I put up my hand

I also hope they have a heart and see what I am hoping to achieve here? I mentioned that its for you guys, not for me personally as I am not T-mo user. Hopefully that clicks, and someone will come to the party with some info to get this thing rockin again (maybe with less glitches than we've faced already).

Hey has anyone had any issues with that last rom flash with signal? I have my whole handset drop out after reflash and no signal since? I am very confused? I also have root access drop out prior to that too. I fixed root by porting everything across to a stable prior CWM zip and reflashed and good as gold. Funky **** going on. I am about to pull my zip in the kitchen, pull it down and rebuild it again I think. Oh and there are some nice visual enhancements on their way

Jarmezrocks
Old
(Last edited by Jarmezrocks; 11th March 2012 at 03:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 380

DONATE TO ME
PS: A massive thanks to mnasledov from the HTC crew who has been helping me out on the side when he can. He was the one that got me on to the Cyanogenmod thread. Thanks dude your a champ

Latest Release here
Standard Vibrant base build. Removed sdcard install (this caused bootloop on my phone), enhanced visual mods.
MD5#722245104588F5C81C749AA05E119075