Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Small But Eternal: HTC Explorer Receives Unofficial CM12

When HTC officially announced the HTC Explorer, they most likely weren’t … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] My Photon became and Electrify?!?!

OP jonas916

29th January 2012, 04:59 PM   |  #1  
jonas916's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 12
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
I bought a Motorola Photon and unlocked the boot loader, rooted, Clockwork Mod Recovery'd, tried the whole Sprint phone unlocked for all carriers, then flashed CM9.

I tried to sbf back to stock and somehow (assuming I downloaded the wrong file along the way) I now have a Motorola Electrify that tries to run on U.S.Cellular.

I have subsequently downloaded all three stock sbf files on ShabbyPenguin's website and none of them will flash. (Super mega thanks to Shabby!)

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. I've been searching all over this forum and the general interweb since roughly 9:00pm last night. Does anyone know a way I can force my phone to allow the flash that keeps failing on "re-enumeration"?

I come from mostly Samsung devices and RSD seems to be the closest thing to "download mode" but in download mode you can pretty much flash anything. Sorry this is long and rambling.
29th January 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #2  
KTT16's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hayward
Thanks Meter: 218
 
1,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas916

I bought a Motorola Photon and unlocked the boot loader, rooted, Clockwork Mod Recovery'd, tried the whole Sprint phone unlocked for all carriers, then flashed CM9.

I tried to sbf back to stock and somehow (assuming I downloaded the wrong file along the way) I now have a Motorola Electrify that tries to run on U.S.Cellular.

I have subsequently downloaded all three stock sbf files on ShabbyPenguin's website and none of them will flash. (Super mega thanks to Shabby!)

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. I've been searching all over this forum and the general interweb since roughly 9:00pm last night. Does anyone know a way I can force my phone to allow the flash that keeps failing on "re-enumeration"?

I come from mostly Samsung devices and RSD seems to be the closest thing to "download mode" but in download mode you can pretty much flash anything. Sorry this is long and rambling.

Yikes... I think once people flash that Electrify SBF by mistake, they are screwed.
29th January 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #3  
jonas916's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 12
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Well, crap.
29th January 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #4  
spleef's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag port arthur, texas
Thanks Meter: 3,042
 
3,651 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Donate to Me
More
Take it to nearest Sprint store ask someone there to reprogram it you tried to do a system update and the battery died in the middle of it and how your phone is now is the end result if you have insurance it will be free to program it and if it fails to program should get new/ refurbished one for free or at the worst what ever the replacement fee is worth a shot worked for me once I tried to flash an sbf and my damn battery drained completely. Took it to Sprint store said the above and received the above. Gl

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
29th January 2012, 06:46 PM   |  #5  
jonas916's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 12
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
I don't have insurance.
29th January 2012, 07:11 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121
 
395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
If you dont have the insurance it will cost you $35 for a replacement phone. I bricked mine without insurance and had to cough up the $35 for a new one. They tried reflashing my phone for free though but it didnt fix issue, so they should reflash it for you no problem without charging
29th January 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #7  
jonas916's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 12
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Do you think they'll do it even though its booting up as an electrify on U.S.Cellular?
29th January 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #8  
Evilsj's Avatar
Member
Flag Saratoga Sprins
Thanks Meter: 6
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas916

Do you think they'll do it even though its booting up as an electrify on U.S.Cellular?

Honestly, it depends on who you see. As a Sprint employee who works at a S&R store, and into rooting myself, I'd have no problem with it (Upstate NY btw). But technically, since it's unlocked, its broken the warantee, and if you go to a store thats very by the books, it's gonna be iffy. If you can, go to a serice and repair store that IS NOT corporate, and likely they'll do it for you. If they ask if you rooted it, just say yes, and one of two things will happen. Either they'll say "sorry, we can't help you" and then you go to a different store, because trust me, that **** doesn't get noted or anything, or since the guy knows what rooting is, he's probably into it himself and will sympathise and get you a new one.
29th January 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #9  
jonas916's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 12
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Sprint service and repair store turned me down. Looks like I'm just gonna keep at it. I figure I'll get it at some point. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll give it a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonas916 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas916

Sprint service and repair store turned me down. Looks like I'm just gonna keep at it. I figure I'll get it at some point. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll give it a try.

Does you phone say unlocked ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
electrify, photon, re-enumerating, rsd
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes