5,606,151 Members 35,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Photon became and Electrify?!?!

Tip us?

jonas916
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Question [Q] My Photon became and Electrify?!?!

I bought a Motorola Photon and unlocked the boot loader, rooted, Clockwork Mod Recovery'd, tried the whole Sprint phone unlocked for all carriers, then flashed CM9.

I tried to sbf back to stock and somehow (assuming I downloaded the wrong file along the way) I now have a Motorola Electrify that tries to run on U.S.Cellular.

I have subsequently downloaded all three stock sbf files on ShabbyPenguin's website and none of them will flash. (Super mega thanks to Shabby!)

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. I've been searching all over this forum and the general interweb since roughly 9:00pm last night. Does anyone know a way I can force my phone to allow the flash that keeps failing on "re-enumeration"?

I come from mostly Samsung devices and RSD seems to be the closest thing to "download mode" but in download mode you can pretty much flash anything. Sorry this is long and rambling.
Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE.

KTT16
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas916 View Post
I bought a Motorola Photon and unlocked the boot loader, rooted, Clockwork Mod Recovery'd, tried the whole Sprint phone unlocked for all carriers, then flashed CM9.

I tried to sbf back to stock and somehow (assuming I downloaded the wrong file along the way) I now have a Motorola Electrify that tries to run on U.S.Cellular.

I have subsequently downloaded all three stock sbf files on ShabbyPenguin's website and none of them will flash. (Super mega thanks to Shabby!)

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. I've been searching all over this forum and the general interweb since roughly 9:00pm last night. Does anyone know a way I can force my phone to allow the flash that keeps failing on "re-enumeration"?

I come from mostly Samsung devices and RSD seems to be the closest thing to "download mode" but in download mode you can pretty much flash anything. Sorry this is long and rambling.
Yikes... I think once people flash that Electrify SBF by mistake, they are screwed.

jonas916
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Well, crap.

spleef
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2977

DONATE TO ME
Take it to nearest Sprint store ask someone there to reprogram it you tried to do a system update and the battery died in the middle of it and how your phone is now is the end result if you have insurance it will be free to program it and if it fails to program should get new/ refurbished one for free or at the worst what ever the replacement fee is worth a shot worked for me once I tried to flash an sbf and my damn battery drained completely. Took it to Sprint store said the above and received the above. Gl

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

jonas916
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I don't have insurance.

w0lf215
Old
Thanks Meter 121
If you dont have the insurance it will cost you $35 for a replacement phone. I bricked mine without insurance and had to cough up the $35 for a new one. They tried reflashing my phone for free though but it didnt fix issue, so they should reflash it for you no problem without charging

jonas916
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Do you think they'll do it even though its booting up as an electrify on U.S.Cellular?

Evilsj
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Do you think they'll do it even though its booting up as an electrify on U.S.Cellular?
Honestly, it depends on who you see. As a Sprint employee who works at a S&R store, and into rooting myself, I'd have no problem with it (Upstate NY btw). But technically, since it's unlocked, its broken the warantee, and if you go to a store thats very by the books, it's gonna be iffy. If you can, go to a serice and repair store that IS NOT corporate, and likely they'll do it for you. If they ask if you rooted it, just say yes, and one of two things will happen. Either they'll say "sorry, we can't help you" and then you go to a different store, because trust me, that **** doesn't get noted or anything, or since the guy knows what rooting is, he's probably into it himself and will sympathise and get you a new one.

jonas916
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Sprint service and repair store turned me down. Looks like I'm just gonna keep at it. I figure I'll get it at some point. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll give it a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonas916 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rrusek
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Sprint service and repair store turned me down. Looks like I'm just gonna keep at it. I figure I'll get it at some point. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll give it a try.
Does you phone say unlocked ?

Tags
electrify, photon, re-enumerating, rsd