Trident has released the Kraken

Tip us?

P1 Wookie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 328
Default Trident has released the Kraken

http://www.tridenteer.com/products/K...%2C-Black.html

I just received this case yesterday and I got to say that it is a pretty nice case if you're looking for a tough case. I've been looking for a case like the Otterbox since it appears they will not be releasing a defender series for this phone. This one is actually the opposite because they put the hard case on the outside of the silicone case. They did this so when you don't need/want the plastic part, you can still use the silicone part as a case. The metal kickstand is also a nice addition, especially since I tend to watch netflix on my phone quite a bit. It is a universal GS2 case, meaning it fits ours and the international version. It has a notch at the bottom for the international's home button, and has the hole at the top for our noise cancellation mic. You do have to work it a bit to get the plastic part over the silicone, but really that's a good thing. Also the button feel is really nice with this case. Feels better than when it's just the phone itself. They also got the phone to me quickly. I got it about 3 days after I ordered it and it came from California to South Carolina, free shipping. So if you've been wondering about this case or wanting another option for a tough case, I'd give this one a try. I love it. Oh and there are also other colors available.
-HTC One (M8)
GPE Conversion

-Old Devices
iPhone 3GS | iPhone 4 | Infuse 4G | Galaxy SII | Galaxy Nexus | Nexus 7 | Note 2 | G2
The Following User Says Thank You to P1 Wookie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sardo Numspa
Old
Thanks Meter 284
dang, i was hoping this would be about the rum.

looks like a cool case, thanks for the review.

I WANT THE KNIFE

Rrryan2
Old
Thanks Meter 195
I've been looking for something since falling out of love with the Siedio Active combo, but I really dislike how the holster has that circular portion resting directly against the screen. That just can't be good for anything over the long term.
Samsung AT&T Galaxy S III I-747

If you have an Android phone and aren't using DROPBOX, then why the heck aren't you? Even the free plan is EXCELLENT.

P1 Wookie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 328
It doesn't touch the screen. There's plenty of space.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
-HTC One (M8)
GPE Conversion

-Old Devices
iPhone 3GS | iPhone 4 | Infuse 4G | Galaxy SII | Galaxy Nexus | Nexus 7 | Note 2 | G2

NJGSII
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo Numspa View Post
dang, i was hoping this would be about the rum.

looks like a cool case, thanks for the review.

I love that stuff.
Current Devices:

AT&T HTC One M8

Former Devices:

Google LG Nexus 5
AT&T HTC One M7
AT&T Moto X
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II
Google Asus Nexus 7
AT&T HTC One X
Apple iPhone 1st gen
Apple iPhone 3G
Apple iPhone 4

Jamlx1
Old
Thanks Meter 14
how much bulk does it add to the phone and how easy is it pushing volume and power buttons. thanks

P1 Wookie
Old
(Last edited by P1 Wookie; 31st January 2012 at 02:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamlx1 View Post
how much bulk does it add to the phone and how easy is it pushing volume and power buttons. thanks
Like I said the buttons feel better than without a case. As for bulk it adds a bit, probably about as much as an otterbox defender would. It is a tough case afterall. Trident also offers other cases for our phones.

-HTC One (M8)
GPE Conversion

-Old Devices

raduque
Old
Thanks Meter 128
That's a nice case. I've never liked things like the Otterbox, always thought they were really fugly. If I were in the market for a tough case, I'd definitely consider this.
2004 Ford F150 4.6L V8: Stock... for now
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Asus Transformer TF101 32gb: KatKiss 4.3.1
The Following User Says Thank You to raduque For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

P1 Wookie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by raduque View Post
That's a nice case. I've never liked things like the Otterbox, always thought they were really fugly. If I were in the market for a tough case, I'd definitely consider this.
Yeah I agree they aren't attractive but I've always been a function over fashion type lol. But hell this case had me sold when it was a tough case with a kickstand. I watch a lot of netflix on my phone.

-HTC One (M8)
GPE Conversion

-Old Devices

raduque
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 Wookie View Post
Yeah I agree they aren't attractive but I've always been a function over fashion type lol. But hell this case had me sold when it was a tough case with a kickstand. I watch a lot of netflix on my phone.

Kickstands are great. I made one using the spare battery cover from my Vibrant. I don't watch too much content on my phone anymore though, the screen is too small for me =P
2004 Ford F150 4.6L V8: Stock... for now
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Asus Transformer TF101 32gb: KatKiss 4.3.1