Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Clicking a number to call in IE

Tip us?

Swisskom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Clicking a number to call in IE

Hey all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I've scoured the search function but couldn't find it.

A feature I really miss from iOS and Android (I've had both) is where you look up a restaurant or something on your browser and it recognises the telephone number and underlines it.. so you just tap to call.

Right now I have to copy the number (or memorise it), go to the phone function and then create a new contact, paste the number and then call.

Is there an App or something that gives that functionality in WP (I have a HTC Titan with latest updates)?

Thanks,
K

drupad2drupad
Old
Thanks Meter 627

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swisskom View Post
Hey all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I've scoured the search function but couldn't find it.

A feature I really miss from iOS and Android (I've had both) is where you look up a restaurant or something on your browser and it recognises the telephone number and underlines it.. so you just tap to call.

Right now I have to copy the number (or memorise it), go to the phone function and then create a new contact, paste the number and then call.

Is there an App or something that gives that functionality in WP (I have a HTC Titan with latest updates)?

Thanks,
K
something called 'send to my wp7' in marketplace.
The Following User Says Thank You to drupad2drupad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Swisskom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drupad2drupad View Post
something called 'send to my wp7' in marketplace.
I've just downloaded and set it up, and its useful (same as Chrome to phone on Android) but not what I meant. Essentially if I'm browsing the web on my phone, I want telephone numbers (on the web page) to automatically open up the phone program. All this is on the phone, not my PC.

Cheers

ScottSUmmers
Old
Thanks Meter 24
How are the numbers being formatted on the web page? IE9 I think looks for specific syntax.

ohgood
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSUmmers View Post
How are the numbers being formatted on the web page? IE9 I think looks for specific syntax.
Like (us of a numbers) 601-555-1234 just as you would dial them. The os pickes up a set of 7,10 or 11 numbers as phone numbers and dumps them to the dialer. Its the way it should have always been (nice)
U jealous of ice cream duuude ?

Everybody on here that's mad and complaining got smoked by a Windows Phone.

Seed 2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I have Samsung Focus and running 7720 and I just tap the phone number on the web page and it take me to a screen asking if I want to call or store number.

hwalker84
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seed 2.0 View Post
I have Samsung Focus and running 7720 and I just tap the phone number on the web page and it take me to a screen asking if I want to call or store number.
same here. Never had a single issue with this.

ROCOAFZ
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Same here... always works - is it do to the international settings? (Settings, swipe, phone, international assist)? i have mine on
Also in IE try changing from mobile to desktop version to see if it makes a difference.

bobzero
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
Like (us of a numbers) 601-555-1234 just as you would dial them. The os pickes up a set of 7,10 or 11 numbers as phone numbers and dumps them to the dialer. Its the way it should have always been (nice)
is the quoted phone number showing up as a link for anyone? Its not clickAble for me on 8107 with mobile or desktop setting. Also tried international assist setting and it had no effect as suspected.

adhoc125
Old
Thanks Meter 0
One feature I miss from previous OSes is the lack of ability to paste a phone number in the dialer. It is not always the case that we are able to successfully dial a number by tapping on it.