OP Swisskom

29th January 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Basel
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hey all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I've scoured the search function but couldn't find it.

A feature I really miss from iOS and Android (I've had both) is where you look up a restaurant or something on your browser and it recognises the telephone number and underlines it.. so you just tap to call.

Right now I have to copy the number (or memorise it), go to the phone function and then create a new contact, paste the number and then call.

Is there an App or something that gives that functionality in WP (I have a HTC Titan with latest updates)?

Thanks,
K
29th January 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 627

1,598 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swisskom

Hey all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I've scoured the search function but couldn't find it.

A feature I really miss from iOS and Android (I've had both) is where you look up a restaurant or something on your browser and it recognises the telephone number and underlines it.. so you just tap to call.

Right now I have to copy the number (or memorise it), go to the phone function and then create a new contact, paste the number and then call.

Is there an App or something that gives that functionality in WP (I have a HTC Titan with latest updates)?

Thanks,
K

something called 'send to my wp7' in marketplace.
The Following User Says Thank You to drupad2drupad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Basel

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drupad2drupad

something called 'send to my wp7' in marketplace.

I've just downloaded and set it up, and its useful (same as Chrome to phone on Android) but not what I meant. Essentially if I'm browsing the web on my phone, I want telephone numbers (on the web page) to automatically open up the phone program. All this is on the phone, not my PC.

Cheers
29th January 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 24

165 posts
How are the numbers being formatted on the web page? IE9 I think looks for specific syntax.
29th January 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #5  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 96

1,605 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSUmmers

How are the numbers being formatted on the web page? IE9 I think looks for specific syntax.

Like (us of a numbers) 601-555-1234 just as you would dial them. The os pickes up a set of 7,10 or 11 numbers as phone numbers and dumps them to the dialer. Its the way it should have always been (nice)
30th January 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #6  
Flag OH-IO
Thanks Meter: 18

282 posts
More
I have Samsung Focus and running 7720 and I just tap the phone number on the web page and it take me to a screen asking if I want to call or store number.
30th January 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #7  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 4

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seed 2.0

I have Samsung Focus and running 7720 and I just tap the phone number on the web page and it take me to a screen asking if I want to call or store number.

same here. Never had a single issue with this.
30th January 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 72

666 posts
Same here... always works - is it do to the international settings? (Settings, swipe, phone, international assist)? i have mine on
Also in IE try changing from mobile to desktop version to see if it makes a difference.
30th January 2012, 06:18 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 148

952 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood

Like (us of a numbers) 601-555-1234 just as you would dial them. The os pickes up a set of 7,10 or 11 numbers as phone numbers and dumps them to the dialer. Its the way it should have always been (nice)

is the quoted phone number showing up as a link for anyone? Its not clickAble for me on 8107 with mobile or desktop setting. Also tried international assist setting and it had no effect as suspected.
30th January 2012, 08:38 AM   |  #10  

18 posts
One feature I miss from previous OSes is the lack of ability to paste a phone number in the dialer. It is not always the case that we are able to successfully dial a number by tapping on it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread