Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 53,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2x Speck Candyshell Case

Tip us?

iArtisan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Smile G2x Speck Candyshell Case

Came across this sexy case the other day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhX93pEwpjs

Any reviews?
I'm currently using the Trident Aegis Case, which is getting a little stale - was hoping for something new.

FatalityBoyZahy
Old
Thanks Meter 512
I hear it scratches pretty easily. It's also VERY overpriced. I'm kinda tired of my Aegis too. I've been looking for some nice TPU cases, I'll probably end up going with the G2x Hybrid Case.
Current Devices
OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black - CM11S 4.4.2 ROOTED
Google Nexus 5 32GB - 4.4.4 STOCK ROOTED
Lenovo Y510P - Core i7 4700MQ - 16GB RAM - nVidia 750M SLI - 1TB HDD

Previous Devices
Google Nexus 4 - 16GB
T-Mobile LG G2x
Samsung Galaxy S4G
T-Mobile MyTouch 3G
Amazon Kindle Fire 2
Late 2009 White Unibody MacBook

Be sure to hit the Thanks button if I have helped you in any way!

iArtisan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalityBoyZahy View Post
I hear it scratches pretty easily. It's also VERY overpriced. I'm kinda tired of my Aegis too. I've been looking for some nice TPU cases, I'll probably end up going with the G2x Hybrid Case.
Could you point to the "Hybrid Case" you're talking about? I just finished skimming through an older topic about the Speck Case and quickly crossed it off my list lol. After reading about the scratch problem, I know my OCD will get the better of me.

e4e5nf3nc6
Old
(Last edited by e4e5nf3nc6; 30th January 2012 at 12:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Yes it scratches and scuffs up pretty easy for sure. Definitely very overpriced too, fortunately mine was free. Anyway it's a very sturdy and reliable case. Fits perfectly and the built-in buttons work just fine. Every input is accessible. It looks nice on the phone too. I honestly would have considered paying in full for it if I didn't get it for free.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

pettigrew95
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Never dropped my phone on pavement with the Speck case and the case looks like it was thrown in a blender.
Verizon HTC One M8 32 GB
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk MicroSD
Rooted and S-Off

Old Phones: Galaxy S3 | Galaxy S2 | HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE | Samsung Fascinate | HTC Sensation | LG G2x | HTC MyTouch 3G Slide | HTC MyTouch 3G | HTC G1

kiddecks
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Thumbs down I bought a speck

Worst decision ever. After about a week, the front rubber bezel trim material started peeling off, it scratches quite easily and starts to look like complete ass about a month after owning/using it. Bought it direct from T-Mobile and they wouldn't exchange it within 30 days. I'm very responsible when it comes to taking care of phones, it goes in and out of my pocket. That's all, folks. Would not recommend a Speck case to anyone, unfortunately. I saw them at CES 2012 and it looked like they were catering to the mass iPhone population, and had no useful advice. I have the black with grey trim. Also, you have to use very slim headphone plugs. 1/5 Stars.

iArtisan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Wow... I'm staying far, far, far away from this case then.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

jhayton
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I bought one used on ebay cause yea, the cost of new is horrid. I didn't care about minor scuffs/scratches cause i cared more about utility and protection (also the hard shell 2 piece i had was a major pain for when i had to pop the battery), this one is very easy to remove if needed. 40$ new or 7.99 used with free shipping here http://bit.ly/yE1cLQ yea i took it for 8 bucks and am quite pleased. No issue with peeling rubber or any of the likes (even though used)

I dont care if the back is scuffed or scratched a bit cause quite frankly, i dont look at the back side of my phone often, and im not accustomed to placing my phone screen down. power button and volume keys are stiff but still easy to manipulate. if i had bought the case new for 40+$ id rate it a 6/10, but for 8$, Ill give it an 8/10.

katorat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've had the speck hard shell case on my phone since it first came out and I love it! Being a mechanic, I'm not easy on my phones at all lol. But I must say, this has to be the best case I've ever used. Its very strong, and has saved my phone from 6ft drops with ease (oops lol). But from what I've seen, yea the black outer shell scratches but I could care less, it serves its purpose. Keeps my phone safe from falls and whatnot, and also keeps it clean from my dirty hands haha.

gold1304
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i using this case . It make my phone invincible from any dropping .Unfortunately,it scratches easily. I bought mine from ebay ,where have the great deal