Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]Rooting Spice Mi-350n/Fly IQ260(BlackBird)

Tip us?

balamu96m
Old
(Last edited by balamu96m; 22nd March 2012 at 11:55 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 932
Thumbs up [GUIDE]Rooting Spice Mi-350n/Fly IQ260(BlackBird)

ROOTING YOUR SPICE Mi-350n(NOT *350*)/FLY IQ260(BLACKBIRD)

Looking for something more for this phone ? Go here : [NEW][ALL-IN-ONE] Spice Mi-350n Super Thread !

NOTE:
Root your phone at your own risk. XDA Developers or I'm not responsible for any damage caused to your device because of rooting. Also this is a guide for Spice Mi-350n only. I do not know whether this method works with Spice Mi-350.

Hi everyone,
This is my first post in XDA Develpers !

Here is the guide to root your Mi-350/IQ 260:

Quote:
1.First enable USB Debugging.[Settings->Applications->Development]
Quote:
2.Download Spice Mi-350n/Fly IQ 260 drivers(ADB driver included) from attachments and extract it to your Desktop.
Quote:
3.Download SuperOneClick v2.3.1 from HERE or with the the links given in a '.txt' file from attachments and extract it to your desktop.
Quote:
4.Now connect your phone to your pc with USB debugging mode enabled.
Quote:
5.Windows will not be able to install drivers on its own. So, go to 'Device Manager'. Under 'Other Devices', you will have your phone's name, Spice Mi-350n/Fly IQ260.
Quote:
6.Now right click and select 'Update Driver Software...' and select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and browse to the location where you extracted the drivers and click 'Next'.
Quote:
7.Windows will install all the required drivers.
Quote:
8.Now unplug your phone and re-plug it to your pc with USB Debugging mode enabled.
Quote:
9.Now open, 'SuperOneClick.exe' (Run it as administrator).
Quote:
8.Now under 'exploit' change 'Auto' to 'zergRush'.
Quote:
9.Now click 'Root'.
10.Your phone will be rooted successfully !!

NOTE: In 'SuperOneClick' if you get an error related to 'Bluetooth peripheral device', go to 'Device Manager' and disable 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device' under 'Other Devices'.(If there are two things like that, try disabling both.)

I got the above linked drivers from a russian website.

The links for SuperOneClick v2.3.1 given in the '.txt' file are mirrored links.

I followed these steps and successfully rooted my phone and didn't face any problem, till now.
Please try and report here.
Your comments are welcome !
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to balamu96m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prateekdsmart@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks bro u really helped me alot

balamu96m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekdsmart@gmail.com View Post
thanks bro u really helped me alot
hey dude,
got your phone rooted ?

if you r gonna remove some unwanted stock apps, then after rooting, try using Titanium backup.....it helped me a lot.........

billamin
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by balamu96m View Post
hey dude,
got your phone rooted ?

if you r gonna remove some unwanted stock apps, then after rooting, try using Titanium backup.....it helped me a lot.........
guys how to remove those link like spice gang, naukri etc

balamu96m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by billamin View Post
guys how to remove those link like spice gang, naukri etc
To remove stock apps like spice gagng, naukri, first you should root your phone. then install Titanium Backup (PM me to get link for latest version).....u can remove those apps using titanium backup.......if u need, i can explain little more on how to remove those apps using 'Titanium Backup'...........

billamin
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
To remove stock apps like spice gagng, naukri, first you should root your phone. then install Titanium Backup (PM me to get link for latest version).....u can remove those apps using titanium backup.......if u need, i can explain little more on how to remove those apps using 'Titanium Backup'...........
i have used titanium backup and many other applications.... but unable to remove those links. ....

coolsabby7
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default saving RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billamin View Post
i have used titanium backup and many other applications.... but unable to remove those links. ....

Hi guys how to save as much ram as you can.. after rooting i can only save arond 50 MB by removing spice bloatware......

if any of you guys have been able to save more please let us all know....

also guys can you list the unwanted android service that can be stopped...to save more .....RAM..

yasirmujtaba
Old
Thanks Meter 264
I just Wanna Know If There Is any Update Available For Android 2.3.5 For This???

prateekdsmart@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

pllzz elaborte bro iam also unable to remove those link like naukri and all,and thans i have rooted my phone succesfully and is working great

apurv_anand
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There are few links (and not apps) that cannot be removed from the regular rooted app removal process. I am also trying to figure out how to remove those links. Will post when I find out, but meanwhile if someone knows how to, it would be great.