[GUIDE] How to flash ICS 3.33 firmware | flash/update ARHD ICS ROM

OP joaquinf

26th February 2012, 02:10 AM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 31

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugadug27

i really dont know what to do my phone really wont get past the continuous reboots.

can i go back to my phone before i even started trying to root it? i just want it to work now.

This is how i got out of the boot loop:

1. flash firmware 3.12 the exact same way you flashed firmware for ARHD 6.3. firmware can be found here in the 2nd post

2. when screen turns black or tells you to reboot, take battery out, IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU TAKE BATTERY OUT BEFORE IT REBOOTS

3. take out sdcard and remove PG58IMG.zip by powering down phone, removing sdcard, booting into hboot, then select recovery. IMMEDIATLEY put sdcard back in, and let recovery boot up.

4. connect phone to computer via usb, select toggle usb, select view folder when device pops up on computer (assuming you have windows), find and delete file PG58IMG.zip, then tap disconnect.

5. reboot into bootloader and it should say **LOCKED** instead of **REVOLUTIONARY** but don't you freaking worry about that because your phone will still work perfectly.

6. boot into recovery and swipe cache+dalvik or if you have it on you sdcard, flash "Android_Revolution_HD_Super_Wipe_Sensation.zi p"

7. now flash ARHD 4.1.13 or if your restore point was a ROM that supported firmware 3.12 then flash that but I got out of my boot loop by flashing ARHD 4.1.13. you can find it here

8. after flashing is done, navigate back to recovery's first menu and select reboot. your phone will boot up perfectly and now you can finish that sexting session you were having with the town bimbo.

X. if you somehow managed to not put in the sdcard fast enough in step 3 because of whatever freaking reason, don't panic, just put sdcard in, wipe cache+dalvik and reboot recovery.

this got me out of that very scary boot loop and i'm pretty sure it'll work for you to given you did EXACTLY as i said.

now you can retry flashing ARHD 6.3 again GOOD LUCK
Last edited by TurtleFlip; 27th February 2012 at 05:19 AM.
26th February 2012, 10:57 AM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Red face SOLVED
i figured out what went wrong, i followed exactly the step by step tutorial but the link for the ARHD that was there was an older version 3.0 something. i just flashed the latest 6.3.0 xe and it worked like a charm

thanks for the responses!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dugadug27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #113  

19 posts
Quote:

i figured out what went wrong, i followed exactly the step by step tutorial but the link for the ARHD that was there was an older version 3.0 something. i just flashed the latest 6.3.0 xe and it worked like a charm

Cheers
26th February 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #114  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucaramanga
Thanks Meter: 2,298

2,786 posts
Quote:

Thanks for noticing. Links updated on the first post
26th February 2012, 10:24 PM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 31

67 posts
More
Quote:

No problem, boot loops are horrible and tasteless.
27th February 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #116  
Flag Portland

25 posts
Donate to Me
More
Talking Just got done installing ARHD 6.3.0 with Beats. LOVE IT!
So I finally took a plunge and decided to root my phone and try a taste of ICS before the official upgrade comes out in a month or so...

I used to flash custom firmware on the phones back in the day when Sony Ericcson was the coolest phone on the market and touch screen was in the experimental mode, but I figured android can't be much more complicated on my T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G.

Thanks to everyone for these awesome guides, it made everything a lot easier. Anyways, I've successfully got my phone to S-OFF, rooted, super CID'd, overclocked with SebastianFM 1.5 GHz kernel, and flashed Android Revolution ARHD 6.3.0 with Beats music. After I was done with that I flashed super smooth rosie, ICS percentage battery mod, extended quick settings and WiFi calling patch for TMOUS. Works great so far!

Decided to finally create an account to thank the people who wrote the guides and developed the ROMs, but it doesn't let me post in the development forums until I get 10 posts in, go figure... Anyways, thank to everyone. I'll be visiting this place more often.
The Following User Says Thank You to serega12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #117  
Thanks Meter: 69

1,028 posts
trying to get arhd 6.3.xxx on i flashed many roms and firm but i keep geting boot loops htc screen over and over driving me nuts i removed hboot in firm but didnt help i want 3.0 or virtuous 4.0 hmmm it seems to work in my daily COREDROID 3.30 with hboot removed phone dont like 1.27 hboot NOW WHAT ??????????????????
Last edited by craven667; 27th February 2012 at 05:48 AM.
27th February 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #118  
Flag Athens, GA
Thanks Meter: 102

348 posts
More
very helpful guide...thanks!
27th February 2012, 07:13 AM   |  #119  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquinf

The newest firmware is not backwards compatible. I'ts intended to work with ROMs based on 3.30 RUU. If you are flashing a ROM with different base (not 3.30) you will get bootloops.

Also, nandroid backups DO NOT backup the phone firmware. You need to revert the previous firmware manually

MAN, if I had known this when I updated to 3.24! I got the loop all the way up until I flashed an ICS ROM. Nice to know the reason behind it now. I will not be getting this firmware until I see a ROM I want for this. Its unfortunate because the ROM I'm in love with now is for 3.24 and it does not have beats! O well.
27th February 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #120  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 4

52 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Thanks
I wish I would have looked here first, Reading is Fundamental!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android revolution hd, firmware, flash, guide, ice cream sandwich
Previous Thread Next Thread