[GUIDE] How to flash ICS 3.33 firmware | flash/update ARHD ICS ROM

OP joaquinf

24th March 2012, 09:57 AM   |  #251  
Glasgow, UK
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaaa

• yes , it is safe to delete the superwipe script and the actual rom from the sd card
  • you can use rom manager for every thing except flashing the CWM recovery , i always install it myself , it will not afffect 4EXT
  • factory reset will not do any harm except you will have to install app again and could fix the problem
  • But its better first to try this , some members reported that after a week or two ARHD started to slow down , and they cleared cache and dalvik and that solved it

Thanks for the response

Being a newbie, rom manager does not let me do anything unless I flash the CWM Recovery. How do I manually do it? Surely that will affect 4ext? Can you have more than one recovery installed?

And if I do that will I be able to get updates for AHRD through the rom manager?

Thanks for your help.

Michael

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium
24th March 2012, 01:45 PM   |  #252  
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
Thank you so much for the Guide , It is the best ever
Everything now is smooth for me and I flashed ARHD 6.5.2 coming from 4.1.13,
I Flashed the stock kernel but Games like Where's my water are slower than before , I dont know if it is a kernel issue or an Ics issue , anyway I will be trying 6.5.3 and provide you with feedback,
Another thing I noticed is that the phone randomly Vibrates at fixed times in the day with no notifications ..! Also i noticed that when the phone vibrates it is turned to silent , I noticed other people stating that in the ARHD Thread , I did a super wipe again and the problem is still there ,
Otherwise Great Rom , Thank you all for your contribution

Just flashed the newest Sebastian kernel and the games are still slower than the previous Rom , maybe they are not optimised for ICS yet , Sorry for posting here but I cant post in the ARHD thread now , All of your work is highly Aprreciated
Last edited by mohameddegheidy; 24th March 2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Adding something
24th March 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #253  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucaramanga
Thanks Meter: 2,298

2,785 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm713

Thanks for the response

Being a newbie, rom manager does not let me do anything unless I flash the CWM Recovery. How do I manually do it? Surely that will affect 4ext? Can you have more than one recovery installed?

And if I do that will I be able to get updates for AHRD through the rom manager?

Thanks for your help.

Michael

If you want to keep 4ext get rid of rom manager, its useless without cmw recovery, install 4ext recovery updater (free) or 4ext recovery control (its totally worth the money, you wont regret) instead.

You cant have more than one recovery and if you flash cmw will overwrite 4ext. 4ext is the default arhd recovery, so everytime you flash arhd it will install 4ext automatically. Also, OTA updates for arhd arent available, you'll need to check up on the thread constantly to get the updates.

Take the leap, 4ext recovery is the best recovery out there just give it a chance, and recovery control paid app 100% recommended. Grab the link in my signature

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium
Last edited by joaquinf; 24th March 2012 at 02:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to joaquinf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2012, 07:12 PM   |  #254  
Glasgow, UK

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquinf

If you want to keep 4ext get rid of rom manager, its useless without cmw recovery, install 4ext recovery updater (free) or 4ext recovery control (its totally worth the money, you wont regret) instead.

You cant have more than one recovery and if you flash cmw will overwrite 4ext. 4ext is the default arhd recovery, so everytime you flash arhd it will install 4ext automatically. Also, OTA updates for arhd arent available, you'll need to check up on the thread constantly to get the updates.

Take the leap, 4ext recovery is the best recovery out there just give it a chance, and recovery control paid app 100% recommended. Grab the link in my signature

Thanks

I actually already paid for the 4ext recovery control. Have not plaid with it much yet. Hoping to come across a video or tutorial on how to use it. A lot to learn this weekend me thinks. Any tips for 4ext?

Another question. Before the flashing of ARHD I had a bunch of applications on my sdcard through the movetosd feature. I also made a nandroid backup during rooting and another with 4ext I think. I then installed titanium pro made another backup and then flashed. Once in the new rom I then moved all the applications back to sd as rightly or wrongly titanium put them all back on the main memory.

Am I having a few backups too many perhaps?

Now that I am rooted and super cid'd does that mean next time, I just need the zip/rom and ready to flash?

Thanks again for all the help.

Michael

24th March 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #255  
Flag Bucaramanga

2,785 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohameddegheidy

Thank you so much for the Guide , It is the best ever
Everything now is smooth for me and I flashed ARHD 6.5.2 coming from 4.1.13,
I Flashed the stock kernel but Games like Where's my water are slower than before , I dont know if it is a kernel issue or an Ics issue , anyway I will be trying 6.5.3 and provide you with feedback,
Another thing I noticed is that the phone randomly Vibrates at fixed times in the day with no notifications ..! Also i noticed that when the phone vibrates it is turned to silent , I noticed other people stating that in the ARHD Thread , I did a super wipe again and the problem is still there ,
Otherwise Great Rom , Thank you all for your contribution

Just flashed the newest Sebastian kernel and the games are still slower than the previous Rom , maybe they are not optimised for ICS yet , Sorry for posting here but I cant post in the ARHD thread now , All of your work is highly Aprreciated

You are probably right when saying that games aren't optimized for ics yet. I've tried more complex 3d games like shadowgun and mc3 and i haven't had any lag whatsoever.

I've read about the vibration issues for no particular reason but i haven't experienced this behavior, so i can't help much there. If you see someone else having the same issue just send a pm and ask him about it.

Thanks for you kind words
24th March 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #256  
Flag Bucaramanga

2,785 posts
Quote:

Thanks

I actually already paid for the 4ext recovery control. Have not plaid with it much yet. Hoping to come across a video or tutorial on how to use it. A lot to learn this weekend me thinks. Any tips for 4ext?

Another question. Before the flashing of ARHD I had a bunch of applications on my sdcard through the movetosd feature. I also made a nandroid backup during rooting and another with 4ext I think. I then installed titanium pro made another backup and then flashed. Once in the new rom I then moved all the applications back to sd as rightly or wrongly titanium put them all back on the main memory.

Am I having a few backups too many perhaps?

Now that I am rooted and super cid'd does that mean next time, I just need the zip/rom and ready to flash?

Thanks again for all the help.

Michael

My only advice for 4ext is explore the options and you'll discover many useful features. The one i use the most is select the files to flash without rebooting into recovery first and let 4ext do his magic also useful to wipe cache+dalvik

Regarding the backups, keep the "while rooting" backup, this will give you the most close-to-stock backup. I always keep a NANDROID backup of my current ROM and a titanium backup of my apps. There is no need to have more than that.

Unless is stated to flash a new firmware you just need to put the .zip file of the ROM and flash it.

EDIT: also, if someone have helped you or gave you useful info press the thanks button at the bottom right of the post
Last edited by joaquinf; 24th March 2012 at 09:26 PM.
24th March 2012, 10:13 PM   |  #257  
Flag Bucaramanga

2,785 posts
Thread updated to the latest ARHD 6.5.3 release
25th March 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #258  
Glasgow, UK

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquinf

Thread updated to the latest ARHD 6.5.3 release

Great news. And cheers for the response earlier. Does this mean then I can just download6.5.3 and use 4xte to install from zip? No need for super wipe, firmware etc?

25th March 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #259  
Flag Bucaramanga

2,785 posts
Quote:

Great news. And cheers for the response earlier. Does this mean then I can just download6.5.3 and use 4xte to install from zip? No need for super wipe, firmware etc?

Yes, just download the file, put it in your sd card, check md5 and flash it over! No superwipe or firmware needed this time.

26th March 2012, 01:42 AM   |  #260  
Flag Spring City, PA
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
More
JOAQINF - I can't thank you enough for getting me thru this process. ICS is running and it looks nice. It it wasn't for you, I'd still be boot-looping.

The Following User Says Thank You to grumpyload For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android revolution hd, firmware, flash, guide, ice cream sandwich
Previous Thread Next Thread