5,595,964 Members 31,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to flash ICS 3.33 firmware | flash/update ARHD ICS ROM

Tip us?

Watevah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you!

Thanks bro, awesome guide. Everything went flawlessly on my friend's Sensation.

msscalera
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I flashed new ARHD 6.6.0 without any problem, many thanks for your guide!

xride09
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC sensation rom HELP !

HI
i just installed to the insert coin rom and it installed correctly. however it keeps rebooting? what shall i do? PLEASE I REALLY NEED HELP FROM THE COMMUNITY, IT WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED, THANKS

r.king35
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Can someone tell me if it will make a difference in the boot up screen my screen says LOCKED and not REVOLUTIONARY. If it is locked can i still install the rom as per the thread if my phone is s-off'd and hboot 1.27 and perm rooted etc.

trkaaa
Old
Thanks Meter 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.king35 View Post
Can someone tell me if it will make a difference in the boot up screen my screen says LOCKED and not REVOLUTIONARY. If it is locked can i still install the rom as per the thread if my phone is s-off'd and hboot 1.27 and perm rooted etc.
  • Flash ICS Firmware 3.32 again ( for ARHD 6.4 , 6.5 , .6.6 ) to replace that locked hboot 1.27 with the unlocked hboot 1.27 ( to be able to use fastboot commands later on )

if you feel like Pressing my thanks Button , Please do

- Downgrade S-ON New firmware and GB OTA for Successful Revolutionary first time S-off ( Sensation )
here

- Solve WiFi Errors , Radio Flashing Problem , Caused by htc Dev Unlock Method ( Sensation ) here

- [Guide] Successful S-OFF after bricked ( wrong S-ON ) for ICS and GB
( Sensation )
here

xhaniGS2
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Nice Guide

henrylar
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaaa View Post
  • Usually flashing ARHD 6.5 is for S-OFF devices
  • you should of done S-OFF before updating to ICS , revolutionary don't support hboot 1.27 yet
  • if you want S-OFF , then watch for this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1522351 for a new method to S-OFF ICS devices as they say , wait for their beta and decide for yourself
  • anyway , there is a method to flash ARHD on S-ON devices if you want to do it until S-OFF method for your case is issued
  • for flash ARHD on S-ON , follow the title "Flash custom roms " in my Post here , Basically it uses htc dev to unlock bootloader and instal custom rom and flash the boot.img for the saame rom through fastboot
Thank you very much, trkaa, it was an extremely helpful answer, and difficult to find elsewhere. I hope others will find your answer as well, because there is a lot of crap out there about this. I have now been reading a lot, and I see what you mean - I should have s-off'ed it before I accepted the upgrade. So now I have to wait for the new S-OFF method, that will hopefully come. Just one more question: I cannot really understand what options I have and what problems I run into if I go for your third option, flashing ARHD on S-ON. I can see all the problems with the HTC dev unlock, and I am not sure that I will go that route. What I am unsure about is, can I install ARHD 6.6 and/ or the gingerbread editions as I like after htc dev unlock, or should I expect a variety of problems? Maybe no one can really tell the problems I might run into with hboot 1.27000 yet?

trkaaa
Old
(Last edited by trkaaa; 6th April 2012 at 02:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylar View Post
Thank you very much, trkaa, it was an extremely helpful answer, and difficult to find elsewhere. I hope others will find your answer as well, because there is a lot of crap out there about this. I have now been reading a lot, and I see what you mean - I should have s-off'ed it before I accepted the upgrade. So now I have to wait for the new S-OFF method, that will hopefully come. Just one more question: I cannot really understand what options I have and what problems I run into if I go for your third option, flashing ARHD on S-ON. I can see all the problems with the HTC dev unlock, and I am not sure that I will go that route. What I am unsure about is, can I install ARHD 6.6 and/ or the gingerbread editions as I like after htc dev unlock, or should I expect a variety of problems? Maybe no one can really tell the problems I might run into with hboot 1.27000 yet?
  • thank you , just trying to help
  1. to answer your question , htc dev don't allow flashing of firmware ( like 3.32 or 1.17 , ...etc ) , it just unlocks few bootloader options not all of them
  2. this means that whatever firmware given to you by ICS OTA will not be changed ( i.e for example your software number in about phone says 3.32.x.x )
  3. so if you use htc dev , you have to install cutom rom that are based on 3.32 firmware only ( because that is your existing software as the above example ) , not a higher firmware version" i guess , not sure for higher versions " if it is issued in future , or a lower firmware like GB
  4. this means also you will not be able to install GB custom rom or RUU

Conclusion
  1. my advise is to wait for solution , if it is a matter of a week or two
  2. if solution don't come , you can either stay on the OTA or install any ICS Custom Rom ( with the same base as your OTA )
  3. note that almost same bugs exist in both OTA and custom roms ,so no big difference ( except for SU APK's )
  4. if you decided to install ARHD ( i recommend that rom ) , so make sure in about phone your software version is 3.32.x.x , and you will not need to flash firmware ( because it is already flashed by the OTA ) , this rom is reported flashed by one member using htc dev ( he is your same case )
  5. you can install any other ICS custom rom with the same firmware base
  6. it is your choice to make

- Downgrade S-ON New firmware and GB OTA for Successful Revolutionary first time S-off ( Sensation )
here

- Solve WiFi Errors , Radio Flashing Problem , Caused by htc Dev Unlock Method ( Sensation ) here

( Sensation )
here
The Following User Says Thank You to trkaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

henrylar
Old
(Last edited by henrylar; 6th April 2012 at 02:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Thank you. I think I will patiently wait for the S-OFF option that hopefully will come to surface. My experience with ARHD on my previous Desire HD makes the option of using that attractive, however.
But, just to be sure, with the htc dev procedure I will not be able to install the AHRD XE version with the end number 3.32.401.105 on my plain Sensation, because that is a different firmware? In the end, if the only difference is Beats Audio I wouldn,t care anyway.

trkaaa
Old
(Last edited by trkaaa; 6th April 2012 at 03:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylar View Post
Thank you. I think I will patiently wait for the S-OFF option that hopefully will come to surface. My experience with ARHD on my previous Desire HD makes the option of using that attractive, however.
But, just to be sure, with the htc dev procedure I will not be able to install the AHRD XE version with the end number 3.32.401.105 on my plain Sensation, because that is a different firmware? In the end, if the only difference is Beats Audio I wouldn,t care anyway.
  • the important numbers for Firmware ( Base ) are the first 2 parts 3.32 only
  • the third part 401 reflects the region and / or specific carrier
  • the fourth number reflects model of device 5 is for sensation , 105 is sensation XE
  • i think no problem for installing 3.32.401.105 ( with beats Audio ) on normal Sensation , it should install (if it has the same base as your OTA )

here

( Sensation )
here

The Following User Says Thank You to trkaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android revolution hd, firmware, flash, guide, ice cream sandwich