Help build a cricKet ROM for the Moto Droid
I understand that there will still have to be a flashing process, but I'm in the works of building a performance-oriented, CM7.1-based ROM that minimizes the in-ROM customizations needed for a full flash. Some of the features/customizations I have working currently are:
- Working cricKet APN, selected by default, just add your phone number
- Green Droid bootanimation
- ChevyNo1 0.8Ghz Ultra Low Voltage kernel
- Performance-oriented build.prop
- De-throttled services.jar (no data throttling and faster max speeds!)
The customizations I need help with are:
- Making the carrier in the 'about phone' section of settings.apk read 'cricKet'
- Having market.apk recognize the carrier as cricKet and enable downloads of cricKet-only apps.
I am still building, and this is all very early on, so I'm accepting ideas and help wherever I can get it. Rest assured; credit will be given where credit is due.
Sent from my cricKet Droid using xda premium