Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Deprecated] CyanogenMod 9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G

Tip us?

nastypup
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmanz View Post
My phone gets really hot and I am not sure why. Does anyone else have that issue.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
It happens to mine, too, several times a day but I don't know why.

Sent from my SPH D700 using XDA App
Cyanogen Mod 9.5, EI22. I love my Ice Cream Sandwich!
Rooted Galaxy S5 and Nexus 7 with 4.4.2 .

Cartmanz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastypup View Post
It happens to mine, too, several times a day but I don't know why.

Sent from my SPH D700 using XDA App
Cyanogen Mod 9.5, EI22. I love my Ice Cream Sandwich!

Okay at least I am not alone, now to find a fix for this problem. I also noticed that when its hot it drains my bat like nobody's business .

stilesja
Old
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Am I crazy or is anyone else on alpha 5 not able to get non market apps to install? Yes I checked the option to allow it but when I go to install it the only button it lets me press is cancel. Tried it with better battery stats and swype installer. Same behavior on both. If I disable non market apps I get the message telling me to go to security settings to enable but once enabled the install button won't press.

This has worked fine on all previous versions. I am running completely stock alpha5 right now also and I wiped completely and set up from scratch for this install..

AproSamurai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilesja View Post
Am I crazy or is anyone else on alpha 5 not able to get non market apps to install? Yes I checked the option to allow it but when I go to install it the only button it lets me press is cancel. Tried it with better battery stats and swype installer. Same behavior on both. If I disable non market apps I get the message telling me to go to security settings to enable but once enabled the install button won't press.

This has worked fine on all previous versions. I am running completely stock alpha5 right now also and I wiped completely and set up from scratch for this install..

I was just able to install setcpu perfectly fine right now, as well as MIUI settings lol as a test. Although it wouldn't work on CM9 anyways.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devices Owned: Sprint Samsung Moment, Epic 4G, Galaxy S3, HTC One m8
[My GitHub] [My Twitter]

Ceelos09
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:

Hmmm...weird.
I just installed BetterBatteryStats and had no problem.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: MOAR v5.01
Kernel: Stock Optimized Kernel
BOOTANIMATION: stock
Theme: My own personal creation
BOOTANIMATION: Stock CM
THEME: ICS Glow

DEVICE: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
ROM: Stock 4.1.2 JB
KERNEL: Stock
BOOTANIMATION: Stock
THEME: Stock

stilesja
Old
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AproSamurai View Post
I was just able to install setcpu perfectly fine right now, as well as MIUI settings lol as a test. Although it wouldn't work on CM9 anyways.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

So.... I am crazy. This explains a lot. Lol

Its odd... not sure what it may be and never had a problem before.

brooksyx
Old
(Last edited by brooksyx; 27th February 2012 at 07:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 470
Still working great for me, havent ran into any major issues so far.

Also if anyone is interested I am trying to sell a game gripper and extended battery for the epic:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1519588
Boost & Virgin Mobile Epic 4g Touch CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post28439426
Virgin Mobile Epic 4g CM7 & CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post22403917
Coug Companion App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aC55a3lhY3ciXQ..

xbiker321
Old
Thanks Meter 49
This looks pretty sweet. I'll have to install this on my old Epic and play around with it.
Straight Talk - Nexus 5 32gb

xTmDarren
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:

Mine has always done this every since cm7.. anyways just use the arrow key on the keyboard and hit down and over til you finally get to install
The Following User Says Thank You to xTmDarren For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Speedin07si
Old
Thanks Meter 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimitz87 View Post
ODIN'd back to stock then re rooted trying to fix my proximity sensor issue.

upon flashing a5 the phone rebooted itself before flashing gapps is that a problem?

Chad
Rebooting is part of the process to switch over to MTD. Shouldn't be a problem. Just reboot in recovery and flash gapps.

And for the record i have zero issues with the proximity sensor. Does it happen with stock rom?

Sent from a CM9 powered Epic.
Experimentation remains the best catalyst for progression.

Tags
cyanogenmod, delishus ice cream sammich, epic 4g, epic4g, ice cream sandwich, ics
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe