Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ballistic SG vs Trident Aegis [vs TPU] (images/review)

Tip us?

KaliS-Pugilist
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
I am looking at both of these. I like to wear my phone on my hip. What pouch/case/holster will fit this phone with the case on it?
I don't know anything that will work with the ballistic. there are several larger holsters on Amazon and Ebay that the aegis fits well with. haven't looked for a clip holster really, only because I don't care much for them.

epdp14
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I am interested in whether or not this screen protector is "tacky" like a zagg. Zagg protects the screen really well, but I can't stand the feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuezaireekaa View Post
that one looks pretty good and not too expensive either. i just wonder if it is 'tacky' like the zagg. i didnt like the sticky feeling of that protector. i'll wait to see if anyone has this and if its any good. if you do get it, please post your thoughts.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

great tip about putting something between the phone and the trident symbol. now my phone doesnt slide away!

wow, threw it down the aisle huh!? im too faint hearted for somethin like that.

bruddah
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had a ballistic for about a year and after that year, its broken off a bit (the plastic part), it has a crack going along another side where that plastic piece will most likely break off soon and the rubber corners have deteriorated and are quite flat. They don't protrude out nearly as much as the originally did. Finally, the stickiness of the silicon is gone but it has worn down considerably. After doing some research I have found that the Ballistic is still the case for me. Too bad I cant do a warrenty claim because I bought it off ebay and they don't sell these in Canada :/ I was thinking about buying the Trident or maybe even just a stylish case off of ebay like a leather looking one or one of those wallet cases but idk... any suggestions? Btw. I have the Samsung galaxy s2 x (t989). Sorry for this not being the correct forum but when I googled it this is the link that came up.