Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Free App] Quixby Deals - Woot + ShellShocker

Tip us?

RevisionZero
Old
(Last edited by RevisionZero; 31st January 2012 at 05:05 AM.) Reason: Updates
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default [Free App] Quixby Deals - Woot + ShellShocker

Hey guys,

Been a long time viewer/reader of XDA especially on the Android side of things. However, recently made a app with the help of a few people for WP7, its a daily deal app showing you the daily deals from Woot and Newegg ShellShocker. Any of the various Woots (Home, Deals, Sellout, Shirt, Kids, Main) can be pinned as well as the Newegg Shellshocker.

I was honestly mainly looking for feedback on how to improve the application, we are currently working on bringing in quite a bit more deal sites, but Im sure there are many things everyone would love to see from a deal tracker, so please feel free to share those idea's here!

App Link - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...6-a1606525715e

Hoping to bring a beta of the new sources version here soon, so these changes would help be a part of that beta's initial build. Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to RevisionZero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elvisr77
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The app is great.I'm always looking for deals. Even when I'm not buying. Maybe you should add an option for either light or dark background.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elvisr77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

geekaren
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Nice app, I like it!

Minor suggestion: Perhaps provide greater contrast for the text label on each tile? The white text blends in with some of the tile colors, making the label difficult to read.
The Following User Says Thank You to geekaren For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

link68759
Old
Thanks Meter 55
awesome!

Some suggestions to add
dailysteals.com
1saleaday.com
bedeals (actually I don't really trust this site, the ssl is untrusted lately and the "deals" are pretty much what things go for on amazon)

I also check giveawayoftheday.com, but they have maybe one good thing a year, and it's not something you can do from your phone.
Current Device: Lumia 820.
Previous Device: Titan I
HD2 and a number of other WM6 devices.

dr_strangetrick
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Looks good, what about deals for outside US?

RevisionZero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisr77 View Post
The app is great.I'm always looking for deals. Even when I'm not buying. Maybe you should add an option for either light or dark background.
Not a bad idea, will look into it. Your referring to the main overview page only correct? Since the product pages themselves are usually colored. Let me know, and I will add it to the list!

RevisionZero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekaren View Post
Nice app, I like it!

Minor suggestion: Perhaps provide greater contrast for the text label on each tile? The white text blends in with some of the tile colors, making the label difficult to read.
Noted, will see what I can do to resolve this! Thanks for the input, really appreciate it.

RevisionZero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by link68759 View Post
awesome!

Some suggestions to add
dailysteals.com
1saleaday.com
bedeals (actually I don't really trust this site, the ssl is untrusted lately and the "deals" are pretty much what things go for on amazon)

I also check giveawayoftheday.com, but they have maybe one good thing a year, and it's not something you can do from your phone.
Thanks! I will see that we get dailysteals.com and 1saleaday.com incorporated soon, and Ill keep an eye out on the other two to see how I feel about them overtime.

RevisionZero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_strangetrick View Post
Looks good, what about deals for outside US?
Deals outside the US are most definitely missing, are there specific deal sites your thinking of outside the USA that you would like to see?