Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Free App] Quixby Deals - Woot + ShellShocker

OP RevisionZero

31st January 2012, 06:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Akron, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 9

39 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys,

Been a long time viewer/reader of XDA especially on the Android side of things. However, recently made a app with the help of a few people for WP7, its a daily deal app showing you the daily deals from Woot and Newegg ShellShocker. Any of the various Woots (Home, Deals, Sellout, Shirt, Kids, Main) can be pinned as well as the Newegg Shellshocker.

I was honestly mainly looking for feedback on how to improve the application, we are currently working on bringing in quite a bit more deal sites, but Im sure there are many things everyone would love to see from a deal tracker, so please feel free to share those idea's here!

App Link - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...6-a1606525715e

Hoping to bring a beta of the new sources version here soon, so these changes would help be a part of that beta's initial build. Cheers!
Last edited by RevisionZero; 31st January 2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Updates
The Following User Says Thank You to RevisionZero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2

37 posts
More
Thumbs up
The app is great.I'm always looking for deals. Even when I'm not buying. Maybe you should add an option for either light or dark background.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elvisr77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2012, 02:18 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 64

206 posts
More
Nice app, I like it!

Minor suggestion: Perhaps provide greater contrast for the text label on each tile? The white text blends in with some of the tile colors, making the label difficult to read.
The Following User Says Thank You to geekaren For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2012, 05:09 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 56

418 posts
More
awesome!

Some suggestions to add
dailysteals.com
1saleaday.com
bedeals (actually I don't really trust this site, the ssl is untrusted lately and the "deals" are pretty much what things go for on amazon)

I also check giveawayoftheday.com, but they have maybe one good thing a year, and it's not something you can do from your phone.
3rd February 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #5  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 18

271 posts
More
Looks good, what about deals for outside US?
4th February 2012, 05:44 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Akron, Ohio

39 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisr77

The app is great.I'm always looking for deals. Even when I'm not buying. Maybe you should add an option for either light or dark background.

Not a bad idea, will look into it. Your referring to the main overview page only correct? Since the product pages themselves are usually colored. Let me know, and I will add it to the list!
4th February 2012, 05:44 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Akron, Ohio

39 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekaren

Nice app, I like it!

Minor suggestion: Perhaps provide greater contrast for the text label on each tile? The white text blends in with some of the tile colors, making the label difficult to read.

Noted, will see what I can do to resolve this! Thanks for the input, really appreciate it.
4th February 2012, 05:46 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Akron, Ohio

39 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by link68759

awesome!

Some suggestions to add
dailysteals.com
1saleaday.com
bedeals (actually I don't really trust this site, the ssl is untrusted lately and the "deals" are pretty much what things go for on amazon)

I also check giveawayoftheday.com, but they have maybe one good thing a year, and it's not something you can do from your phone.

Thanks! I will see that we get dailysteals.com and 1saleaday.com incorporated soon, and Ill keep an eye out on the other two to see how I feel about them overtime.
4th February 2012, 05:48 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Akron, Ohio

39 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_strangetrick

Looks good, what about deals for outside US?

Deals outside the US are most definitely missing, are there specific deal sites your thinking of outside the USA that you would like to see?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread