Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][ICS][CM9] ShadowKernel CM9 v0.6.3.3 - CM9 Beta3+ (5/29/12)

Tip us?

ac16313
Old
Thanks Meter 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltsnspoons View Post
ive also noticed on some kernels the weird tint effects will come with low battery and go away when more fully charged. and yes, it is due to low gamma usually.
That is probably because the screen dims when on low battery. Right now on MIUI.US I get the green tint when I shut the screen off.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

‹BERô
Old
(Last edited by ‹BERô; 1st February 2012 at 12:30 AM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8923

DONATE TO ME
I've got a weird bug to report... if you set up your default on voltage control then wipe/clear the cpu history and shut the screen off go back into vc and it reverts back to unsaved settings it actually does also when you don't clear the cpu history whatsup with that?
Actually it does it if you simply back out of the app the reopen it. It reverts back to unsaved...
Nexus 5: Paranoid RastaKat / Faux123
Nexus 7 FHD: Paranoid RastKat / Faux123

bbelos
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2687

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoron View Post
I've got a weird bug to report... if you set up your default on voltage control then wipe/clear the cpu history and shut the screen off go back into vc and it reverts back to unsaved settings it actually does also when you don't clear the cpu history whatsup with that?

I noticed this too. I don't think the stock kernel (and thus mine) are processing init.d scripts. Get the newest voltage contol and save the settings as a startup service instead of init.d script. I will look into adding init.d support.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to bbelos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

‹BERô
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8923

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbelos View Post
I noticed this too. I don't think the stock kernel (and thus mine) are processing init.d scripts. Get the newest voltage contol and save the settings as a startup service instead of init.d script. I will look into adding init.d support.

I don't have it setup as an init.d script its setup as startup service I'm talking about oping the app going into appling my default settings closing the app reopening it and it reverts back to unsaved not shutting down nor shutting the screen off

TexasLTE
Old
Thanks Meter 3789

DONATE TO ME
Wink did anyone say ..... "banner" ?

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...dowKernel2.png

bbelos
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2687

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoron View Post
I don't have it setup as an init.d script its setup as startup service I'm talking about oping the app going into appling my default settings closing the app reopening it and it reverts back to unsaved not shutting down nor shutting the screen off

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. But I can't reproduce this. My settings are staying saved. Where are you clearing your cpu history? I reset the timers in cpu but maybe you're talking about something else.

The Following User Says Thank You to bbelos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

‹BERô
Old
(Last edited by ‹BERô; 1st February 2012 at 01:27 AM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8923

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbelos View Post
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. But I can't reproduce this. My settings are staying saved. Where are you clearing your cpu history? I reset the timers in cpu but maybe you're talking about something else.

It happens reguardless its weird ill unistall and reinstall and reflash to see if that helps...

No such luck looks like I need to start fresh I guess cuz it occurs on aprosamurais kernel as well and even in the preformance settings it reverts its so weird...

I'm soooo stupid the 100mhz frequency is broken and I set that as my lowest and it reverts to 200 by default

luna_c666
Old
Thanks Meter 352
this kernel seems more stable than apro samurai's, but it lacks voodoo sound? I wish it wasn't so!

gooch1025
Old
Thanks Meter 265

DONATE TO ME
I was having the green screen problem as well. Its because the screen is too dim. I turn automatic brightness off and had it the lowest it would go. After turning my screen up to a higher brightness, it went away.

Sent from my CM9 Shadow using xda premium

bit1
Old
(Last edited by bit1; 1st February 2012 at 03:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 102
Thanks Bbelos! I swear you are soo fast at these updates!

So what settings are you all finding works best with CM9? what I/o Scheduler and CPU governor combination works best?

What voltages, undervolts? What is deactivated ? I know some of you are kernel setting masters, share your settings with us kernel noobs! Thank you