[TUT] Native Gamepad Support Over BT [Sixaxis]
UPDATE WILL BE AVAILABLE SHORTLY (LIKE WITHIN THE NEXT HOUR)
Sir_earl (Sixaxis App Developer) has just released an update to his popular app Sixaxis Controller. The update brings "Native Gamepad" support over Bluetooth with the PS3 Sixaxis/Dualshock controller. This means a USB OTG setup is no longer needed to enjoy games with gamepad support such as Shadowgun and GTA III.
Gamepad Mode can be enabled by doing the following steps:
1. Purchase Sixaxis Controller from the Google Android Market. https://market.android.com/details?i...ntroller&hl=en
2. Configure the app to allow it to connect to your Touchpad by using the Sixaxispairtool from the developers Website. http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/s...ller/tool.html
(This is only needed once)
3. Sync the sixaxis controller by pressing "Start" in the sixaxis controller app and pressing the Power button on the Controller.
4. If you are on ICS, press the Action button on the top right to go to the preferences Menu.
5. Select Gamepad on the top and enable it on the next screen.
6. Modify the button mappings to your liking. (Optional)
Games like Shadowgun and Riptide GP need the controls mapped in their respective settings menu.
.GTA III is ready out out of the box. Enjoy guys! Now get to emailing your favorite game developers and tell them to add native gamepad support!
List of games with full or partial gamepad support.
(Full) GTA III
(Full) Riptide GP
(Partial) Shine Runners (Can't control Menus)
(Partial) Cordy (Menus)
(Partial) Sleepy Jack (Menus)
(Partial) Reckless Racing and Reckless Getaway (Menus)
(Partial) Muffin Knight (LOLWUT)
BTW Guys this will only work on Android 3.1+. So that means this is a no go on CM7.