TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Desperate situation with P735 ROM upgrade - Please help

OP AsusP

7th February 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Arrow
Thanks all of you for your input.

1 - There is NO AsusUnlockLangID.exe for Asus P735 - do not know why.

The one from P535 or P525 is useless on this phone.

2 - Great point about "same-upgrade-tool-language-possibility" yet the official ROM comes in an .exe file that i do not know how to unpack/hack in order to insert the correct ROM or vice-versa.
Could you provide me with some insight for that?

3 - Besides that, do you think a tweaked P750 ROM could work on this phone, or a hybrid P535/735? Wouldn't that be the best/easiest solution, which would in the same way finally create a more advanced ROM for this quite neglected device? The older P535 has even 6.5 ROMs whereas P735 is limited to the basic 6.0. (Does that have any advantage by the way?)

4 - I am open to any way of flashing, given it provides the right result so all your advices are welcome.

Yes, the author is very present
7th February 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
@Pupakota

Ok, thank you, i've just read your last answer. I'm gonna try the tool you're talking about and inform you of the result.

PS: No, i'm not from Pakistan though i love the country, are you from there?

PS2: Any way to port the 6.1 version to P735, to kill two flies in one shot ?
Last edited by AsusP; 7th February 2012 at 04:22 PM.
7th February 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #13  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 105

860 posts
More
Quote:

3 - Besides that, do you think a tweaked P750 ROM could work on this phone, or a hybrid P535/735? Wouldn't that be the best/easiest solution, which would in the same way finally create a more advanced ROM for this quite neglected device? The older P535 has even 6.5 ROMs whereas P735 is limited to the basic 6.0. (Does that have any advantage by the way?)

Quote:

PS2: Any way to port the 6.1 version to P735, to kill two flies in one shot ?

p750 is different pair of shoes, nothing would be useful in this case. do not try any roms made for different devices(trivia, i know).
-----

i dare to say, that any rom is possible for 735... while searching info, people made every possible build, including 6.5's...ALL chinese :E

rom from exe is exctractable, then fully dumpable, packages are clean and good...

btw, that ABI file is just a renamed rom.bin...
while Activesync method of EXE flashing is wrong, only way of avoiding problem is using SD card flash method then by using that pseudo "abi" file.

dpad to right + softreset should start flash procedure. if not, it may be some key on the right side of the device + soft reset(hard to understand translated chinese...).

but before you decide to try...
could you, AsusP, make photo of bootloader mode?
and please, post link of exe file you were trying to flash, i need it(i mean this english one). for some reason dumped rom from "WWE" version seem to be...hebrew...
i really would extract real english rom.

now, only problem is, that besides of one case i did not see any clear information, if sd flash with languague change is safe.
one person wrote it is.
Last edited by pupakota; 9th February 2012 at 02:35 PM.
8th February 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Arrow
Hi, i'll get back to you ASAP regarding other questions, in the meanwhile here is the link of the firmware in question (that i'm trying to use) :

http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...U_Malaysia.zip
9th February 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #15  

860 posts
More
yup, this one seems to be exactly like one i tried to extract, indeed, it's wwe.
damn, it's OLD
it seems, that cooking custom roms is possible for this device without special problems. new 6.1 or 6.5 should work MUCH faster, than your actual one, or that wwe from asus...

try to make photo of bootloader, and tell me, which version of 735 do you have, 64 mb or 128 mb of ram?

ahh and one last question: do you have original updater with german version of rom, that you CAN flash(i mean, that you have now, in your device)? it may be neccesary, if you ever dare to make further experiments.
Last edited by pupakota; 9th February 2012 at 03:11 PM.
9th February 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Arrow
"try to make photo of bootloader, and tell me, which version of 735 do you have, 64 mb or 128 mb of ram?"

It is 64MB RAM, same as all Asus P7XX devices i guess, if not upgraded (mine is not).

Sorry, but how do you make photos of the bootloader? Do you mean the update tool?

"ahh and one last question: do you have original updater with german version of rom, that you CAN flash(i mean, that you have now, in your device)? it may be neccesary, if you ever dare to make further experiments."

I have it in the device yes but i don't have the program/CD if that's what you mean. It could be downloaded though from Asus i think...

PS: WWE stands for...?
9th February 2012, 08:49 PM   |  #17  

860 posts
More
Quote:

Sorry, but how do you make photos of the bootloader?

Bootloader mode flash(with unpacked from exe rom image on sd card) seem to be Only way to update your device.
I am trying to determine risk linked to this method, so i need photo of LOOK of bootloader mode.
You may enter BL mode by pressing dpad RIGHT and making soft reset, if i am right.
then something should appear, and this is what i want you to photograph it for me(with..camera).
of COURSE, do not put abi image on sd card YET, otherwise you start to update, and we do NOT know yet, if you brick your machine or not.
so, at this moment i just ant to see hot it look like, without flashing, if its typical 525/750 bootloader, not some weird thing, i'd assume, that abi file flashing should not brick machine.

sorry or enigmatic words, cannot explain this easier way.

Quote:

It is 64MB RAM, same as all Asus P7XX devices i guess, if not upgraded (mine is not).

..so not all 735's have 64 mb ram, i'd say, ok?
look, i do not know nothing about your knowledge level, many users of 750's with 128 mb ram are using 64 mb version of roms(typical noob would have no idea to try any different), this is why i mentioned it...

btw, besides using GanFan-ZincROMXtractor's easier way of obtaining rom file from exe is just using restorator, reshack, or similar tool to extract rom at res 152.
result is identical as using zincromextractor, though name of file must be set manually - it is Mars_G4.abi (though, it is not..real abi file, but it doesn't matter).

Quote:

WWE stands for...?

english rom...
Last edited by pupakota; 10th February 2012 at 11:55 AM.
10th February 2012, 07:06 AM   |  #18  

5 posts
what exactly are you trying to use to flash, abi file, exe file, what is it?
10th February 2012, 11:53 AM   |  #19  

860 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuanmei

what exactly are you trying to use to flash, abi file, exe file, what is it?

hey, do you have account on one of chinese pda sites?
could you download and post here any 735 kitchen for me, sir?
i'd like to have a look onto it, but for some reason i am not able to register.
10th February 2012, 04:13 PM   |  #20  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
WWE World Wide English - got it.

Pupakota thanks a lot for your efforts, i've had a busy schedule these days, i'll paste you all the info soon.

My knowledge level is basic yet i have some experience of programing from before and i'm very keen to learn about this, more than just using the system.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread