Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [AROMA] Marvel v 9 - Gingerbread 2.3.4 v20o [Highly Customizable ROM]

Tip us?

garzacorporations
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Is there any way to restore the music controls in the notification area? My music player (LG stock) has the option enabled but it's missing.

Thanks

morx
Old
(Last edited by morx; 24th May 2012 at 05:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 36
More of experiments:

Deleted everything
(from CWM recovery)
-Wipe dalvik
-Wipe cache
-Wipe data/factory reset

Run aroma, for marvel v9 and installed FULL MARVEL

Connected to my home wifi, went to my office.
Connected to my office wifi and changed settings to "NEVER" on settings to turn wifi-off.

Checked my cellphone, it was connected on my office wifi, and left back home.
When i got home i left my phone near my router. WITHOUT unlocking it, for 2hours.

After 2 hours, unlocked it and it wasnt connected! I navigated on menus, etc... for 10 minutes (boring, no apps, no sms, no contacts, INTACT marvel full v9)...still wasnt connecting automatically, so when i got to wifi settings just going into the meny, it refreshed the list and connected to my home wifi alone...!!!

Well i dont know what the hell is going on but that's some serious disadvantage for me. I dont really care for eye candy effects and super duper speed, besides it's only a mid-range smartphone, but this way it's so annoying.

This is my honest feedback. I'm waiting for any ideas tantrums about what to do exactly.
Geoed Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by morx View Post
More of experiments:

Deleted everything
(from CWM recovery)
-Wipe dalvik
-Wipe cache
-Wipe data/factory reset

Run aroma, for marvel v9 and installed FULL MARVEL

Connected to my home wifi, went to my office.
Connected to my office wifi and changed settings to "NEVER" on settings to turn wifi-off.

Checked my cellphone, it was connected on my office wifi, and left back home.
When i got home i left my phone near my router. WITHOUT unlocking it, for 2hours.

After 2 hours, unlocked it and it wasnt connected! I navigated on menus, etc... for 10 minutes (boring, no apps, no sms, no contacts, INTACT marvel full v9)...still wasnt connecting automatically, so when i got to wifi settings just going into the meny, it refreshed the list and connected to my home wifi alone...!!!

Well i dont know what the hell is going on but that's some serious disadvantage for me. I dont really care for eye candy effects and super duper speed, besides it's only a mid-range smartphone, but this way it's so annoying.

This is my honest feedback. I'm waiting for any ideas tantrums about what to do exactly.
then conected manually you lazy man it take just 1 minut to conected by ur own selfe so dont bother any more with the wifi stuff if it works.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Tantrums

how can i uninstall the default web browser to install another one, cuz i dont want to have both.

morx
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoed View Post
then conected manually you lazy man it take just 1 minut to conected by ur own selfe so dont bother any more with the wifi stuff if it works.
This is not an option. I'm asking clearly what i need and how can it be fixed.
Show some respect with other peoples' problems and learn how to express yourself.

Would be nice if someone answers about your problem this way?

wishmasterwww
Old
Thanks Meter 7
@Geoed

Use root browser and delete the browser.apk in /system/app .

@morx

Sorry that you have such an annoying problem, I have two LG OB's, in one I have
Marvel v9 installed after v8 with only wiping davlik cache, and the other a clean install with full wipe, and none of them have wifi related problems.
Could it be some app you use?
Hope you will be able to solve the problem.
Regards.

morx
Old
Thanks Meter 36
@wishmasterwww

I don't think the root cause of this, is any application im using.
I've tried to clean in stall Marvel and Zeus too.

I wiped dalvik/cache/fact. reset... is that ok?

What's the best way to be sure that the installation of new rom will be 100% clean?

What are your router key encryption settings?
Im using WPA-PSK encryption on 802.11b/g/n wireless at 2.4Ghz

wishmasterwww
Old
Thanks Meter 7
@morx

I'm using WPA-PSK on Linksys WRT54GL .
As I read again, you did full install, while I made custom install, with Marvel Framework, Diana kernel which gives a little better battery. I don't know which launcher I chose, because I deleted it after that - I use Launcher 7.
As for wiping, theorethically one wipe for davlik + cache + data should be enough.
In my personal phone, I went from marvel v 2.1 to every next version with only wiping davlik cache. Even went to Marvel A and then to v7 and only wiping davlik and everything went ok.
In my wife I always made clean install because she uses much less apps, and it's easyer to make backup/restore the way she wants.

morx
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Fresh news.... just restored an old backup i had from December.

V10G Froyo ... does the same!! While it used to work flawlessly!!
No routers etc changed since then, actually it logged in on 1st bood normally and asked for market updates too :P

So... something messed up in my phone...! What went wrong?

Im wiping as you do all dalvik/cache/data but still something is staying in memory i guess?

wishmasterwww
Old
Thanks Meter 7
That's weird. When you restore, it should override everything, data, cache, everything. Whenever I restore some back-up, I never wipe anything. Right now I have CM7, CM9, Miui 2.1A, Miui 2.6, Zeus, Marvel v9, and switch between them with no wipe, and everything is fine.
Hope your OB is not damaged.

By the way, did you ever played with the phone hidden menu?
I don't know very much about those settings, but if you changed something there ...
Well, it's just a theory.

morx
Old
Thanks Meter 36
No, i never used secret menu.

I had LG P500 in the past and i knew that menu existed, so when i got the P970, just removed it because generally, it's useless...

When i choose "never" on wifi policy, it doesnt connect automatically when i move to a new place with new router i've connected before.
When i choose "never when connected" it's the same
When i chose "when screen off" it disconnects when screen is off and when i unlock it, connects almost immediately.

I hope it's not damaged, because it acts fine and speed is as good as it should be for a 12mbit connection.

You think that would be wise enough to use smartflash tool and flash a V20o stock, root, cwm and then pass over it Marvel v9 ?

Tags
lg optimus black, lg optimus black p970, lg p970 rom, marvel rom, tantrums