SMS and Mail configurator (groups, searching, backup),
Registry editor (editing, export, import),
Taskmanager (working apps dehydrating, resuming, closing, memory increasing),
Tiles configurator (creating, grouping),
MultiMedia manager (searching, playing etc.),
Applications configurator (uninstalling, grouping),
Keyboard Shortcuts configurator (HTC 7 Pro, Gold, Prime),
and another next by plugins system.

It will use direct access for unlocked ROMs, HtcRoot project (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1453343) for full access on (dev and) InterOP unlocked devices (where it is possible), ProvXML method for incompatible devices.

There is first screenshot:

Try it, post experiences. This is designed for HTC7Pro hardware keyboard, but must be usable for touch conntrolling too. For big dirrectories (\Windows etc.) scrollbars are necessary. I want to have as far as possible biggest amount of controls on main screen. It may not be a game, it must be working tool. In long future I want integrate also simple programming IDE to this tool.

Newest version will everytime here.

Actual attached version enables for me:

To manage all files very quickly include multioperations (like TotalCmd).
To copy mp3 files to any phone directory by desktop TotalCmd, create playlist on phone and hear music.
To do the same vith movies, photos etc.
To copy e-books from my desktop and read them in phone (formats: doc, RTF - the best reading, pdf etc).
To edit all files in phone (the same formats, include binaries).
To import .reg files to Registry

From version 2.3 added 3s timeout to JPG files shell showing in built-in Pictures application (you can make simple automatic presentation from pictures, videos and sounds in sh file).
Attached Files
File Type: xap Phonmander.xap - [Click for QR Code] (681.1 KB, 1103 views)
Last edited by Martin7Pro; 4th January 2013 at 03:40 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Martin7Pro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag 812
Thanks Meter: 9

81 posts
More
Hey man, sounds ambitiously, with the declared functionality it would be a perfect tool Good luck!
31st January 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #3  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Wheeling, WV
Thanks Meter: 539

895 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think I will check this out
31st January 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 364

380 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3rus

Hey man, sounds ambitiously, with the declared functionality it would be a perfect tool Good luck!

I will do, what free time allows me. The rest will simple for everyone, when plugin class interface will good designed (readonly properties top, bottom, size of list, manipulation properties/methods for copying, moving, deleting etc). FilePath (read/write) equivalent can be Group (ringtones, apps) or RegPath (registry), some classes will not allow any part of methods (class Task will not implemented copy and move for taskmanager etc). First I must make spotlessly this data model and user interface, becouse those are the most problematical parts of this app (too small screen, too big area of digit touch etc). My keyboard-only inspiration is very nice FileNote app from S80 Symbian (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/FileNote/messages , http://my-symbian.com/s80/software/a...=3&fldAuto=865) , but no everybody has hardware keyboard on WP7. Plugins (libraries) for unique quantities and implementing of any special behaviour (searching, comparing, sending) will secondary parts. The biggest problem is unlocking impossibility for new devices now. M.
Last edited by Martin7Pro; 31st January 2012 at 10:42 PM.
31st January 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

83 posts
Hi Martin,
first look i like your commander.
I will wait next version, good work
31st January 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,791

5,877 posts
More
Looks *very* cool! Makes me wish my HD7 had a hardware keyboard though; this will be hard enough to use with touch on a 4.3" screen and will be a lot harder on something like the Surround or Trophy. I must admit that the inspiration (two-panel file managers, which date back to at least Midnight Commander and possibly further) appeals strongly to my nerd side. :)

I'll try my best to make sure that HtcRoot is available for this to use on as many phones as possible (probably all first-gen HTC, second-gen may never be possible without a new exploit).

One suggestion: just make the file lists scrollable using swipes (it's a built-in control that you put the other controls within). The scrollbars take up non-trivial screen space and are actually kind of hard to use with fingers. Also, tapping on "ext" is *way* harder than it looks like it should be; even moving in tiny increments I tend to go from tapping "FileName" to tapping "datetime" directly.
1st February 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

380 posts
Hi GoodDayToDie. Thanks for your support. My first mind was to use standard WP7 scroll controls. But, there are two reasons to implement own control.

1. amount of files \Windows directory in WP7. I use TouchExplorer every day, but working with \Windows directory is worry in it. Then I need control, which is quicker for big lines ammount (implementable by any part of filenames reading immediatelly and pre-loading some amout to seek in scrolling time).
2. Total commander has very sofisticated file subset signing to select operation set (file can be selected/unselected or to have focus independently). Try select 10 files beginning by diffrent characters in Touchexplorer in \Windows directory and after it try copy one another file. This is operation to 10-15 minutes in TouchExplorer. I do not know, if control behaviour is simply changeable in WP7. I am planning to have one self made control with scrollbars for big directories and one inhereted from WP7 standard with simple changes (if possible) and without scrollbars for small ones. I am low-level C/C++/etc programmer, then I must study Silverlight/C# possibilities first.
Last edited by Martin7Pro; 1st February 2012 at 07:33 PM.
2nd February 2012, 09:59 AM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 415

4,161 posts
i am looking for a function that auto on/off 3G had scheduled times, much like what android apps do

is this possible with yr xap??
2nd February 2012, 01:05 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

380 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpir

i am looking for a function that auto on/off 3G had scheduled times, much like what android apps do

is this possible with yr xap??

Scheduling is in the future plane. I have a lot of to do with higher priority first. I seen any "Tasks" application on MarketPlace for scheduling. Try it, may be it is able to schedule system changing.
2nd February 2012, 01:37 PM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 415

4,161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin7Pro

Scheduling is in the future plane. I have a lot of to do with higher priority first. I seen any "Tasks" application on MarketPlace for scheduling. Try it, may be it is able to schedule system changing.

those apps in the marketplace only give u a reminder.

i need the app actually disable/enable things at a given time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
phone commander, phonmander
Previous Thread Next Thread