Squaretrade vs. Ensquared insurance for imported GN

Search This thread

greensnow

Nov 2, 2009
Just received my GN from Expansys a few days ago (I'm in CA) and I'm looking for the right insurance for it. Does anyone have any advice on which one to go with? Do they both cover grey market devices? Does anybody have any experience with either one?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Mitchmoney

Dec 23, 2010
I called sqauretrade about my imported GN... They said that they might not cover it because it is a black market products... He said that if you can get it serviced in America, then they could cover it. But if you need to send it out of the country in case of a repair, it sounded like they won't warranty the product.. I use sqauretrade for all my new appliances so I know their good, I would just give them a call and tell them you have a imported phone...

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Ensquared will definitely cover the Galaxy Nexus. I purchased mine through Negri and its all good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

greensnow

Nov 2, 2009
Thank God I read this! I was about to purchase 2 warranties for my Nexus'!

Have any details on the deductible or how much the plans cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

ensquared.com

$58 for one year + $75 deductible up to two claims

Last edited:
Reactions: rubiconjp

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Bought my square trade warranty online... bummer if they won't honor my warranty. I listed where I bought the phone. Its not black market its grey market. The site will insure eBay products so this doesn't make any sense. If I could use the Samsung warranty I would never have needed this! Nothing in their agreement said anything about not insuring my phone.

[hfm]

Aug 21, 2009
NYC
Negri will warranty the phone for 1 year, but they just send it to Sammy for you.

This ensquared warranty sounds interesting as I emailed SquareTrade back when I first bought it and they said they would NOT cover it.

jonathan3579

Mar 12, 2010
Houston
This is definitely interesting. Does anyone have any experience with Ensquared? I have never even heard of them...

Reactions: Cabal_

BruceCLin

Aug 24, 2009
I wonder if squaretrade will honor a claim on my GN. It is purchased from Dailysteal, and the item page says nothing about imported, US plug charger inside the box. I even uploaded the receipt and it says approved on the warranty page.

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
same here. They have the receipt and everything. My phone is Korean with a little banding but it gets great banding and UV/of well so I'm just going to keep it. Would have rather had the Chinese made model

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
I wonder if squaretrade will honor a claim on my GN. It is purchased from Dailysteal, and the item page says nothing about imported, US plug charger inside the box. I even uploaded the receipt and it says approved on the warranty page.

That has nothing to do with anything. If it is not a Verizon Galaxy Nexus it came from Europe, whether your charger is US or not.

There was a huge thread on this in Q&A a while back and Squaretrade will not cover a GSM Galaxy Nexus.

Dark lord me

Apr 16, 2011
Surrey
Hmmm i'm looking at the ensquared one for my Canadain Nexus. I mean that seems to be a good price for insurance i just never heard anything about them. Can anyone vouch for them ?

aldo37

Jan 7, 2010
Guys, I really don't think Ensquared covers the international GN.

From their terms: http://www.ensquared.com/1_Year_Phone_Insurance_Terms.htm

Under exclusions:
Covered Products not readily available in the United States through Communication Service Providers (overseas unlocked phones).

I honestly really don't see any company offering insurance for a grey market item. The only way I see to have a warranty is through Negri or Expansys, who will physically handle the phone for warranty work in the UK.

Last edited:

NextNexus

Jan 19, 2007
This morning I had to place an insurance claim for my Galaxy Nexus with Ensquared. They took the claim and said I should have the new device within 1-2 business days. I'll keep you guys updated.

thuynh022

Sep 4, 2010
Damnit, I just bought a Squaretrade warranty through eBay for my GSM Gnex. If they don't cover it, is there any way to cancel my warranty?

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Square Trade. They said since my phone was purchased on eBay it will be covered under their warranty. *phew*

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is their deductible and I'd assume you're referring to the GSM version?

Yes and $75.
    Thank God I read this! I was about to purchase 2 warranties for my Nexus'!

Have any details on the deductible or how much the plans cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

ensquared.com

$58 for one year + $75 deductible up to two claims

This is definitely interesting. Does anyone have any experience with Ensquared? I have never even heard of them...

This morning I had to place an insurance claim for my Galaxy Nexus with Ensquared. They took the claim and said I should have the new device within 1-2 business days. I'll keep you guys updated.

My experience with this company would definetly not be full 5 stars I would possibly give it a 2.5 when i had placed the insurance order i was under the influence that if something went wrong i would get an indentical phone as a replacement. I was not told however that they are only able to purchase a certain carrier of phone. therefore i was told my phone was not available because they cannot purchase it. i can not understand how in the world a person(myself)be able to just purchase it online but a BIG INSURANCE phone company not be able to?
    Instead they they sent me a SGS2 than i had originally(nexus):mad:. I was told it does the same functions. but the principal to it is that IT is not the SAME one...

p.s I have to sell the gs2 to get my nexus:mad:
    My experience with this company would definetly not be full 5 stars I would possibly give it a 2.5 when i had placed the insurance order i was under the influence that if something went wrong i would get an indentical phone as a replacement. I was not told however that they are only able to purchase a certain carrier of phone. therefore i was told my phone was not available because they cannot purchase it. i can not understand how in the world a person(myself)be able to just purchase it online but a BIG INSURANCE phone company not be able to?
    Instead they they sent me a SGS2 than i had originally(nexus):mad:. I was told it does the same functions. but the principal to it is that IT is not the SAME one...

p.s I have to sell the gs2 to get my nexus:mad:

Wow this would be totally unacceptable to me and would lead to a scathing review.