Thread Closed

CLOSED! [How-To] Root/Unroot The SGT 10.1 GT-P7510 USA Retail WiFi HoneyComb Only

OP S0ckM0nk3y

15th February 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #21  
Flag Spencer
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I installed ICS on my tablet, then returned to Honeycomb. I then tried to go back to ICS. In the process I now can only get my tablet to go into download mode. But my PC will not recognize it. Will this fix that problem?
24th February 2012, 07:01 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

203 posts
I've got the GT-P7510 that was given out at Google I/O 2011 and when I hold the vol down + power, I get a slightly different screen than what you've posted here. Mine has a USB icon on the left and Downloading on the right. How do I get into recovery from there?

Also, what is that P7510XABKMN_P7510UEKMM_HOME.tar file all about? Should I ODIN that as well? I didn't see it referenced in the post at all so I'm not sure why it was included.
24th February 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #23  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 362

641 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPChris

I've got the GT-P7510 that was given out at Google I/O 2011 and when I hold the vol down + power, I get a slightly different screen than what you've posted here. Mine has a USB icon on the left and Downloading on the right. How do I get into recovery from there?

Also, what is that P7510XABKMN_P7510UEKMM_HOME.tar file all about? Should I ODIN that as well? I didn't see it referenced in the post at all so I'm not sure why it was included.

This is for the WiFi Retail version not the I/O version

Follow this link as it's the only one I've found for the I/O version although I haven't searched that much

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...box-tools.html
24th February 2012, 07:10 AM   |  #24  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan

641 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlf1107

I installed ICS on my tablet, then returned to Honeycomb. I then tried to go back to ICS. In the process I now can only get my tablet to go into download mode. But my PC will not recognize it. Will this fix that problem?

Try installing Samsung Kies on your pc/mac/linuxbox or whatever you are using.

Usually that will find all the drivers you need for your pc to recognize it again.
28th February 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 244

1,285 posts
Ok I've tried both rooting guides and running into an issue I've not had before rooting my phones, I followed the instructions and installed the drivers from the other post. I put my new tablet in download mode and start Odin and plug it in. If it recognizes and I select the recovery file and start it. I it connects and starts loading the image and after 30secs or so my laptop bluescreens with a drv_ira something error and reboots. I I've tried reinstalling drivers as administration, and run Odin as administration, and turn off firewall and av, and it still does the same thing. I does anyone have any ideas as what might be wrong or what should try? I had to head back to work so figured I would ask for when get home. This has never happened with any phone I've done. I appreciate any help.
Zug

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Edit: ok got home and re did some work. I found a video and went off of that.. just as some advice (that wasn't listed in writing) I had to uncheck the f-reset in odin, i used a different usb port. I also used the files in a folder on the desktop like the video instead of a folder in my downloads. One of those 3 things fixed the issue and I no longer got the blue screen. So, if you run into this issue, try one of these and that should hopefully help you as well.

Zug
Last edited by Zugshad; 29th February 2012 at 12:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zugshad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2012, 03:28 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 22

47 posts
Extremely helpful, thanks.
13th March 2012, 05:03 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 7

138 posts
More
Is the OTA 3.2 for the GT-p7510 (wifi) available here at XDA?

I want to go back to HC after some playing around with ICS.

Do I need to restore to 3.1 then do OTA to 3.2 or can I simply restore to 3.2?

Thanks!
13th March 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #28  
Flag Central Illinois
Thanks Meter: 205

853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucci

Is the OTA 3.2 for the GT-p7510 (wifi) available here at XDA?

I want to go back to HC after some playing around with ICS.

Do I need to restore to 3.1 then do OTA to 3.2 or can I simply restore to 3.2?

Thanks!

Personally, I've always restored to 3.1 and then just waited a few minutes for the ota updates.
Just a personal preference. Feel its best to make sure I'm completely stock.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
14th March 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 7

138 posts
More
But if there was a stock 3.2 then it would be the same thing with one less step.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA
15th March 2012, 06:52 AM   |  #30  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan

641 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucci

But if there was a stock 3.2 then it would be the same thing with one less step.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

If you read the OP there is the stock tar for 3.2 under the updates right after the guide.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread