[ROM] CM7 Barebones 03-29-2012 - Custom TWRP/CWM backup
This is my personal barebones backup of CM7 that was compiled on 03-25-2012 via the IngCr3at1on/whistlestop/loosethisskin
" repo's. Many things have been removed and tweaked.
No personal information is on it. I have restored it to my two Kindle Fire's without issue via TWRP/CWM. Bare and ready for anyone's use.
More screen's attached below!
Apk's removed (likely a few more not listed here that I forget to list below)
- ICS Themed
- Custom boot animation
- Kindle Fire Stock Keyboard
- intersectRaven kernel OC 1.2Ghz (version 20120207_1949)
- Modified build prop for more market apps
- Ad's blocked via host
- Gallery3D replaced with QuickPic (much faster)
- Button Savior to replace "Home, Menu, Back" buttons anywhere.
- Volume Control to quickly adjust volume anywhere.
- Gapps included
- Setup to look like a tablet (not a big phone)
Need something here? Check the Extra Section:
Other stuff removed:
Browser.apk (install one of your choosing)
Gallery3D.apk (replaced with QuickPic)
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk (one search installed should be enough)
I urge you to make your own backup before restoring this one!
- Most ringtone, sounds/notifications (need them? Look at the extra section)
- All languages beside's English (need another language? Look at the extra section)
Updating from a old barebones version:
- Extract the contents of the download to the root of your sd card. (You will need 7-zip)
- Boot into recovery. (Hold power button until it turns orange when you first power on your Kindle Fire)
- To prevent problem's "Factory Reset", wipe "cache", "dalvik cache", and "system".
- Flash "Step_1_CM7BAREBONES.zip" like you would any other rom, but do not reboot afterwords. Go back to the Main Menu instead.
- In TWRP, Click Restore, and choose "STEP_2_CM7BAREBONES". Make sure "Data" is checked and select "Restore Now". If using CWM, click backup and restore>advanced restore>CM7_Barebones_Step2>Restore Data
- Reboot and enjoy.
I always recommend a clean install. But you can try without wiping.
Just Flash "Step_1_CM7BAREBONES.zip". No need to do "STEP_2_CM7BAREBONES" (nothing changed). System should be wiped and the new files copied over. If you have problem's, wipe everything and do a clean install.
Tip's on usage:
- Swipe up on the homescreen to open notifications.
- Swipe down on the homescreen to hide/show the statusbar.
- Button Savior is at the left/middle. (can be changed). Useful when you need to exit a fullscreen app or the statusbar is hidden.
- Volume Control is at the top/center. (can be changed). Slide finger along the bar to adjust the volume.
- Home button on the statusbar is mapped to open the app drawer.
- Note: Install a web browser of your choosing.
Android Market error -101 and Google problem fixed.
Supercharger and ad-block got left out on the last release. Fixed.
02-08-2012 - Removed all languages besides English. (Need another language? check extra section)
02-08-2012 - Removed alot of ringtones/sounds (Need a sound? Check extra section)
02-08-2012 - Updated build.prop to show correct build (2.3.7)
02-08-2012 - Using Ravens newest kernel for improved performance/battery life
02-09-2012 - Removed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk, FOTAKill.apk, OneTimeInitializer.apk, Provision.apk, and Cyanbread.apk
02-09-2012 - New build Based on the latest commits from 02-08-2012
02-09-2012 - added back ContactsProvider.apk that was accidently removed, fixing the Gapps FC errors.
03-12-2012 - now based off of the "loosethisskin repo
03-12-2012 - CWM support added! Finally! Flash with whatever recovery you prefer.
03-29-2012 - Based off 03/25/2012 build
03-29-2012 - Now using ravens 20120223_1513 kernel
Be sure to click thanks! MediaFire links (why does anyone use anything else?):
Download Link 03-29-2012 (new version)
60MB: MD5 74D3680A931E744F2F5A23A480E66F8F
Download Link 03-12-2012 (old version)
60MB: MD5 652BE93CC8BF22353678CE2BE10B56E6
Download Link 02-09-2012 (old version) UPDATED 3:40PMEST
56MB: MD5 0AC03735F0DAF54274C729D75BA82B0C
Download Link 02-08-2012 (old version)
59MB: MD5 14DA657EDB8B572F34700A1AE323A86F
Download Link 02-01-2012 (old version)
68MB: MD5 1109E5DE0EB2CD56BD640DD37A852F29
Most stuff removed.7zip
Most stuff removed.z7 (updated 03-12-2012)
Most stuff removed.7z (updated 02-09-2012)
cm7stock-kernel.zip (updated 02-09-2012)
People I want to thank:
Everyone. Seriously. This forum is awesome.
Don't forget to hit the Thanks button, rate the thread, etc... if you enjoyed this release. Thank you.
If I helped you in someway please hit the THANKS button.