Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need some help before Rooting

Tip us?

alidsd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Default Need some help before Rooting

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I need some help before I root my phone.
Below is my phone details :

Android Version : 2.3.6
Baseband version : I8150XXKL3
Kernel Version : 2.6.35.7-perf-I8150XXLA2-CL869026 dpi@DELL170 #3
Build Number : GINGERBREAD.XXLA2

My questions are below :

1) Where can I get the above ROM ? In case if I want to unroot and revert back to my original rom.

2) if the best way to root is the 'recovery method' then any one explain that How it do rooting techically? Can I root through 'oem unlock' command?

3) can i execute the fastboot command on this phone ?

Thanks in Advance.
Motorola Razr M - XT907

Dusk252
Old
Thanks Meter 8
1) Get the stock ROM here. Yours would be the number 7. Since you seem to still have the original firmware, the kernel should be the same. Also, if you ever unroot your phone, flash the stock ROM first and only then unroot it. Since you won't be able to flash the stock ROM if you unroot it first.

2) I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Try to phrase it better, please. Anyway, I assume you probably already read this, but here's what I find to be the best and simplest tutorial for rooting here: link

3) Yes, you can - but only if rooted. adb commands, on the other hand, will be usable even if the phone isn't rooted. (Thus you can root via adb too.)

alidsd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk252 View Post
1) Get the stock ROM here. Yours would be the number 7. Since you seem to still have the original firmware, the kernel should be the same. Also, if you ever unroot your phone, flash the stock ROM first and only then unroot it. Since you won't be able to flash the stock ROM if you unroot it first.

2) I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Try to phrase it better, please. Anyway, I assume you probably already read this, but here's what I find to be the best and simplest tutorial for rooting here: link

3) Yes, you can - but only if rooted. adb commands, on the other hand, will be usable even if the phone isn't rooted. (Thus you can root via adb too.)
First of all , much thanks for giving answers. here are some explanition/details/questions point wise.

1) i found the rom on the given links, you pointed out Rom No 7 but what about Rom no 13 : 13. I8150XXLA2_OXXKL4_XEU (2.3.6) : it seems to be closer than my current Rom.

2) Rooting is achieved by some hack or exploit left by manufactures, examples are HTC (revolutionary and unrevoked). I checked the 'root by recovery' files but didn't found any thing special except the Superuser and BusyBox apks. So where is the actual rooting thing that roots the I8150 ?

3) if i can execute fastboot commands on rooted phone then it will be fine for me as in the past i have been using fastboot command .

Thanks
Motorola Razr M - XT907

magorgoth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Doomlords method?

Why dont you try "Rooting with the auto-method(DoomLord v.3) (for Windowsuser)" rooting method, it worked for me fine on "I8150XXLA2", i was really surprised because on SGS2 it wouldn't root my phone on GB 2.3.6

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1317394

mpbtejada
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by magorgoth View Post
Why dont you try "Rooting with the auto-method(DoomLord v.3) (for Windowsuser)" rooting method, it worked for me fine on "I8150XXLA2", i was really surprised because on SGS2 it wouldn't root my phone on GB 2.3.6

+1 on that. DoomLord/Zergrush works like a charm!

THE-E
Old
Thanks Meter 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by magorgoth View Post

I think it depends whether you update via Kies or OverTheAir. Maybe even which LA2 firmware is used, but via recovery it should work anyway, regardless which firmware is being used (for now)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA App
The Thanks-button is riiiiiiiiiiight ----------------------------------------------> I
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + V
here <----------------------------------------------------------------------------I

alidsd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-E View Post
I think it depends whether you update via Kies or OverTheAir. Maybe even which LA2 firmware is used, but via recovery it should work anyway, regardless which firmware is being used (for now)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA App
I rooted with 'recovery method' ,
thanks
Motorola Razr M - XT907