FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

Need some help before Rooting

459 posts
Thanks Meter: 260
 
By alidsd, Senior Member on 1st February 2012, 09:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I need some help before I root my phone.
Below is my phone details :

Android Version : 2.3.6
Baseband version : I8150XXKL3
Kernel Version : 2.6.35.7-perf-I8150XXLA2-CL869026 dpi@DELL170 #3
Build Number : GINGERBREAD.XXLA2

My questions are below :

1) Where can I get the above ROM ? In case if I want to unroot and revert back to my original rom.

2) if the best way to root is the 'recovery method' then any one explain that How it do rooting techically? Can I root through 'oem unlock' command?

3) can i execute the fastboot command on this phone ?


Thanks in Advance.
 
 
1st February 2012, 03:52 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
1) Get the stock ROM here. Yours would be the number 7. Since you seem to still have the original firmware, the kernel should be the same. Also, if you ever unroot your phone, flash the stock ROM first and only then unroot it. Since you won't be able to flash the stock ROM if you unroot it first.

2) I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Try to phrase it better, please. Anyway, I assume you probably already read this, but here's what I find to be the best and simplest tutorial for rooting here: link

3) Yes, you can - but only if rooted. adb commands, on the other hand, will be usable even if the phone isn't rooted. (Thus you can root via adb too.)
1st February 2012, 08:27 PM |#3  
alidsd's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 260
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk252

1) Get the stock ROM here. Yours would be the number 7. Since you seem to still have the original firmware, the kernel should be the same. Also, if you ever unroot your phone, flash the stock ROM first and only then unroot it. Since you won't be able to flash the stock ROM if you unroot it first.

2) I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Try to phrase it better, please. Anyway, I assume you probably already read this, but here's what I find to be the best and simplest tutorial for rooting here: link

3) Yes, you can - but only if rooted. adb commands, on the other hand, will be usable even if the phone isn't rooted. (Thus you can root via adb too.)

First of all , much thanks for giving answers. here are some explanition/details/questions point wise.

1) i found the rom on the given links, you pointed out Rom No 7 but what about Rom no 13 : 13. I8150XXLA2_OXXKL4_XEU (2.3.6) : it seems to be closer than my current Rom.

2) Rooting is achieved by some hack or exploit left by manufactures, examples are HTC (revolutionary and unrevoked). I checked the 'root by recovery' files but didn't found any thing special except the Superuser and BusyBox apks. So where is the actual rooting thing that roots the I8150 ?

3) if i can execute fastboot commands on rooted phone then it will be fine for me as in the past i have been using fastboot command .

Thanks
4th February 2012, 04:25 PM |#4  
magorgoth's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Doomlords method?
Why dont you try "Rooting with the auto-method(DoomLord v.3) (for Windowsuser)" rooting method, it worked for me fine on "I8150XXLA2", i was really surprised because on SGS2 it wouldn't root my phone on GB 2.3.6

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1317394
5th February 2012, 01:47 AM |#5  
mpbtejada's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 64
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magorgoth

Why dont you try "Rooting with the auto-method(DoomLord v.3) (for Windowsuser)" rooting method, it worked for me fine on "I8150XXLA2", i was really surprised because on SGS2 it wouldn't root my phone on GB 2.3.6

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1317394

+1 on that. DoomLord/Zergrush works like a charm!
5th February 2012, 08:08 AM |#6  
THE-E's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 696
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magorgoth

Why dont you try "Rooting with the auto-method(DoomLord v.3) (for Windowsuser)" rooting method, it worked for me fine on "I8150XXLA2", i was really surprised because on SGS2 it wouldn't root my phone on GB 2.3.6

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1317394

I think it depends whether you update via Kies or OverTheAir. Maybe even which LA2 firmware is used, but via recovery it should work anyway, regardless which firmware is being used (for now)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA App
6th February 2012, 09:19 AM |#7  
alidsd's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 260
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-E

I think it depends whether you update via Kies or OverTheAir. Maybe even which LA2 firmware is used, but via recovery it should work anyway, regardless which firmware is being used (for now)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA App

I rooted with 'recovery method' ,
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes