Can I delete cwm off SD since I have Rom manager?

OP Android311

1st February 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 244

2,217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can I delete cwm off my SD card since I have Rom manager and can use the cwm in Rom manager?

Sent from my HTC_A510c using XDA App
1st February 2012, 05:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 3,511

1,977 posts
Donate to Me
Well, if you burned the CWM image to the sdcard in order to make a bootable SD card, then you could format the card, then flash Clockwork internally. If you mean just delete the clockwork folder itself from the SD card, you could technically delete it, but that is where all your backups are stored. Plus, i would bet it would just reappear when you flash CWM anyway. I don't see much reason for it, if it is taking up valuable space, just limit your stored backups to a chosen few, or store them on a cloud service like dropbox. Without the backups taking up their .75 gigs or so of space, the clockwork folder on the SD card is of negligable size.
The Following User Says Thank You to mateorod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

2,217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok then another reason I want to do so is because Rom manager has a diffrent cwm then what's on my SD, so there's two wich is pointless right?

Sent from my HTC_A510c using XDA App
1st February 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
New Orleans

1,977 posts
Donate to Me
Oh yeah. That can lead to unbelievably frustrating problems, like backups not restoring and system not mounting and worse. Get rid of the old one and go with the current stable through ROM manager or through the flashable zip in the development thread. ClockworkMod version 3.2.0.1. The last thing, seriously, I think, with the Nook (which is basically unbrickable), the last thing you want is incompatible CWM. The nook itself would still be safe, but all your data and apps would be in serious jeopardy. They would be salvageable, but it would take a detailed and grueling work around.

Get rid of the old, and in with the new. You would still have the folder on the SDcard, but now it will actually have some value.

Edit: If you already have backups you want to keep made in an outdated CWM, let me know. There is a work around, but it involves multiple flashing.
Last edited by mateorod; 1st February 2012 at 07:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mateorod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2012, 11:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

2,217 posts
Donate to Me
More
yes i am running the newest cwm from rom manager, so i will delete the old cwm on sd card, i have 2 sd cards, one with cwm and one empty so when i boot the tablet it wont go into cwm everytime, now that i found cwm in rom manager i guess i can delete and reformat the card
2nd February 2012, 12:48 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
New Orleans

1,977 posts
Donate to Me
If you have a spare card, it can be pretty useful to have the current CWM image burn laying around. With the nook giving boot.priority to.the SD card, any corruption of the device can be set straight with a bootable SD card. Some people make.the card bottable to a particular ROM, but I have mine as a CWM boot loaded with zips.of.my favorite ROMS and backups with my favorite mod settings already applied (V6 supercharger, buiod.prop and other scripts /settings). With my Titanium backups syncing to the cloud, even if calamity of the highest order occurs, I can have the device back just like I want it in relatively short order. Takes about 45 mins to set it all up, but now I can tweak/adjust/flash and break with impunity.
2nd February 2012, 05:22 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

2,217 posts
Donate to Me
More
ya my other sd had some old dinosaur cwm on it, but the NC does have the newest one

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread