5,597,084 Members 47,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Flagship 2012 - HTC One X (Endeavor) - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread

Tip us?
 
batna.antab
Old
#11111  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 671
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewong1991 View Post
Carnt you just repak it? Iv never used aosp on my hox i love sence too much

sent from my renovated gaming beast
I can repack but faux never worked properly for me on aosp.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
 
hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 19th November 2012 at 10:18 PM.)
#11112  
hamdir's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12389
Posts: 19,834
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Beirut
In our quest for the 16bit games hack, Neutrue found two amazing links, explaining to us what happens with games not doing its homework for tegra as well as kernel patch that can fix it, this discussion in other work thread

This patch would be an excellent to the gaming kernel!
Quote:
Excellent finds my friend its a big deal what you just found

Like i said before, a game will request its needed frame buffer, its up to the game developer to choose which render depth he wants

Thanks to your revealing links we now know more, apparently Tegra 3 does not support 24bit buffers and nvidia warns if a game requests it in the usual way the OS will return a software emulated version with reduced performance and features, a bad return will also result in rendering artifacts

I'm willing to bet money that this exactly what happens with many Gameloft games like asphalt 7 used to have severe polygon edge crawl bug until the v1.0.3 update, so now we know 24bit is actually a selected frame buffer by some Gameloft games

Now the kernel patch you found actually forces down a game to fallback into16 bit if it calls the unsupported 24bit, yes to be honest nvidia should have thought of such patch themselves, the fall back would solve it for games like the 1.0 and 1.0.1 of asphalt 7

In otherwords this patch will attempt to fix games badly supporting tegra 3

Now I'm also pretty sure when GL decided to finally give a damn n fix it for tegra in v1.0.3 they opted to go up to 32bit, this a just an assumption on my part

So we can go further, just like this patch fallsback to 16 when 24 is requested I think its possible to make similar fall back for 32bit and hence force games calling 32 into 16, but of course messing up with a games buffer might mess things up graphically

But at the very least if we implement the 24 to 16 fix we make sure games not optimized for tegra will run a lot better

Good find my friend

http://developer.download.nvidia.com...evelopment.pdf
Quote:
32-bit versus 24-bit
Tegra does not support rendering to 24-bit 888 buffers. Applications wishing to use such formats should request a RGBA8888 format to ensure that the OS does not return a SWemulated configuration. Requesting 24-bit RGB888 with OpenGL ES1.x on Android can lead to a SW-rendered configuration and decreased performance and available features.
https://github.com/blackberry/GamePlay/pull/373
Quote:
Fixed EGL setup for Tegra 3 devices.
Tegra 3 devices only support 16 bit depth buffers, not 24. I've changed the code to fall back to 16 bit if 24 is not supported.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
joewong1991
Old
#11113  
joewong1991's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1092
Posts: 1,519
Join Date: Aug 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Hamdir here is something you would be intrested in It's the hox sharp screen vs hox acer screen vs hox+ screen the hole thread is a good read

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34283724

sent from my renovated gaming beast
The Following User Says Thank You to joewong1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ebguilbert
Old
#11114  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 204
Join Date: Jan 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlambo View Post
Hamdir I am hoping it is only I who is having that insane heat issues. Also I am having very few free memory in task manager, about 770mb is used. I hope it is only me with these issues.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Last night I had a strange heat issue while I was charging my phone with a power bank. I was simply browsing and the phone showed up a message saying it was using more power than the charging power. The phone got very very hot, even when I unplugged from the power bank.

I had to reboot the phone and let it settle for a while. Later I put the phone to charge again, and it was working fine. I think, its an issue with the last base/kernel (maximus 8.5). On previous versions/bases I had no issues..

PS: I have 770MB of RAM used as well
Please support my work:

 
charlescaz
Old
(Last edited by charlescaz; 20th November 2012 at 08:16 AM.)
#11115  
charlescaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 210
Posts: 238
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebguilbert View Post
Last night I had a strange heat issue while I was charging my phone with a power bank. I was simply browsing and the phone showed up a message saying it was using more power than the charging power. The phone got very very hot, even when I unplugged from the power bank.

I had to reboot the phone and let it settle for a while. Later I put the phone to charge again, and it was working fine. I think, its an issue with the last base/kernel (maximus 8.5). On previous versions/bases I had no issues..

PS: I have 770MB of RAM used as well
Timlambo had the same type of issue and discovered that it was media causing the issue , the link to his post in the Maximus Thread here
If a post has been helpful don't forget to press the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to charlescaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
acke999
Old
#11116  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 71
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewong1991 View Post
Hamdir here is something you would be intrested in It's the hox sharp screen vs hox acer screen vs hox+ screen the hole thread is a good read

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34283724

sent from my renovated gaming beast
Looks like I have Acer screen... great comparison.
 
Goku80
Old
#11117  
Goku80's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6472
Posts: 9,261
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Within the Matrix
hamdir....galaxy note 10.1 took a massive drop in price and it is now 318 pounds. what you think bro do you think it is a good deal? or shall i still wait for my iPad when i get paid

you do know i highly regard your opinion....just seems like a good deal at that price...and with my discount i can get it for 280
 
batna.antab
Old
#11118  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 671
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80 View Post
hamdir....galaxy note 10.1 took a massive drop in price and it is now 318 pounds. what you think bro do you think it is a good deal? or shall i still wait for my iPad when i get paid

you do know i highly regard your opinion....just seems like a good deal at that price...and with my discount i can get it for 280
Go for a surface pro.
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
 
kryptoner
Old
#11119  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 370
Posts: 1,728
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by batna.antab View Post
Go for a surface pro.
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Surface has too less number of apps compared to iOS right ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80 View Post
hamdir....galaxy note 10.1 took a massive drop in price and it is now 318 pounds. what you think bro do you think it is a good deal? or shall i still wait for my iPad when i get paid

you do know i highly regard your opinion....just seems like a good deal at that price...and with my discount i can get it for 280
Goku, note 10.1 ICS was extremely laggy, never tried jb on it, so first check for that because I heard Sammy are having problems with its jb update

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
 
Goku80
Old
#11120  
Goku80's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6472
Posts: 9,261
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Within the Matrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptoner View Post
Surface has too less number of apps compared to iOS right ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------



Goku, note 10.1 ICS was extremely laggy, never tried jb on it, so first check for that because I heard Sammy are having problems with its jb update

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
nah i will not go for a surface pro cause i will be getting a laptop for that...and regarding the 10.1 ICS it works fine on the one i play around with at work.....would love to do that update for JB but wondering what they would say to me at work anyways all good options really and i am really surprised at the price drop

Tags
htc one x, knowledge base, nvidia tegra 3, one x, performance, sense 4.x
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes