Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Flagship 2012 - HTC One X (Endeavor) - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread

Tip us?

BlueSingA
Old
Thanks Meter 179

DONATE TO ME
The heat doesn't explain why Samsung device with the S600 scored far better results in GL. Like Hamdir speculated before I'm guessing the GPU is starved with bandwidth from memory.
My HOXorz roxorz!

Variant: 3!

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 24th February 2013 at 01:40 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan89 View Post
Hey hamdir , seams like you'll be getting yourself HTC One considering you made the Mega info thread for it :P? And about GL bench , that kinda sux it scores 34FPS even when being used previously , it's not like those guys who tested it *heated* it up so much after that short time, quadrant and antutu barly add +5C onto my HOX after testing both for over then 20mins, if the HEAT is causing fps drops on ONE we might have same issue like we had on the One X about throttling cpu. Lets be honest you'll play games on it and if you play for 15-20mins it will get heated up and then make games lag cuz of throttling. At least thats what it *does* on GL bench. Anyway i'm sure now 99% i'll wait for 800 instead of this.
Shan I'm getting tired of repeating myself about this issue

We don't yet have clean results from GL bench team or anand, those tests were run after quadrant, antutu, which is the most stupid thing to do, you own game thread speaks of similar stupidity to run a game on the charger

Run those benchs on ur one x and then GL bench it, you will not see the 13fps you usually get from XM, go ahead try it

You out of all should know better, during last year MWC the One X was showing horrible results in the hands f those testing at these events, the device is basically ****ed up from abuse, heated, on the charger and software far from finished, you know how you how good the One X is performing today

So I'm sorry I will only trust proper lab results, what we care about here is achieving the optimal results to at least know the GPU is not down clocked or not bandwidth starved

And why am i getting the One, because there won't be another until end of 2013 even if HTC broke their one year plan, same goes for T4/T4i, and I have long made the decision not to cross one year per device, I still need to fight off Apple Fiends after all
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
Thanks Meter 13079
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSingA View Post
The heat doesn't explain why Samsung device with the S600 scored far better results in GL. Like Hamdir speculated before I'm guessing the GPU is starved with bandwidth from memory.
Huh we have video evidence of the test being run in a row after a couple of other full benchs in a random HTC One display event

Meanwhile the Samsung device was most properly tested in Samsung labs as they properly trying to achieve its best speed

In other words you just made zero sense

Besides why agonize over this, please let's do a very simple exercise on ur current device run few benchs and then gl, let me know how much fps u lost

BlueSingA
Old
(Last edited by BlueSingA; 24th February 2013 at 01:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 179

DONATE TO ME
Someone's grumpy today... Yes when my HOX heats up I get lower fps, not 10fps lower however. If that's the case with HTC One then it's yet another poor solution for the overheating piece of trash, sorry if you feel offended by what I just said, but stop being so overprotective about HTC like it's your little foster child.

edit: and don't be deluded, in any HTC One benchmark that you saw you must have noticed poor 3D results.. even lower than on T3.
My HOXorz roxorz!

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 24th February 2013 at 01:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13079
Quote:
Someone's grumpy today... Yes when my HOX heats up I get lower fps, not 10fps lower however. If that's the case with HTC One then it's yet another poor solution for the overheating piece of trash, sorry if you feel offended.
Not HTC's fault, it would only mean Qualcomm didn't solve their famous throttling Adreno 320, which would actually mean a bigger problem in our hands

I'm glad u tried it, is not 10fps, it is 7fps when compared to the Samsun leak and 5fps away from the expected onscreen 39fps

I'm simply giving you reason and you guys simply want to go "OMFG I'm keeping my One X" which is till fine for my interests

Besides your judging a prototype...

Like I said if its indeed throttling like the N4 we might have a bigger problem on our handset

Finally I did defend the leaked dalmore T4 test as well so why don't u call me nvidia biased as well

It's funny how u guys accuse biased in here for giving this test a chance and at the one forums they accuse me of being anti HTC for raising this GPU concern...

Pointlol
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Someone's grumpy today... Yes when my HOX heats up I get lower fps, not 10fps lower however. If that's the case with HTC One then it's yet another poor solution for the overheating piece of trash, sorry if you feel offended by what I just said, but stop being so overprotective about HTC like it's your little foster child.
Ehm, you have to view it in percentages, the drop in fps on the hox is probably around the same in %
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pointlol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlueSingA
Old
Thanks Meter 179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointlol View Post
Ehm, you have to view it in percentages, the drop in fps on the hox is probably around the same in %
True, but that tells nothing. S600 is made in a lower process.. 28nm is proven to be superior as far as the heat goes (bar the "throttling" problem). But hey, when you compare the One scores with N4, even that's not impressive.

@hamdir - and samsung device isn't a prototype? Now you're being biased.
My HOXorz roxorz!

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 24th February 2013 at 01:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13079
Quote:
True, but that tells nothing. S600 is made in a lower process.. 28nm is proven to be superior as far as the heat goes (bar the "throttling" problem). But hey, when you compare the One scores with N4, even that's not impressive.

@hamdir - and samsung device isn't a prototype? Now you're being biased.
I have nothing against the Samsung device lol and we don't know if it was tested after tons of other benchs like we know about the One

The Nexus 4 was a 28nm throttling hell just ask faux123 or anandtech if u want

Finally time will tell, I'm often not wrong

Oh and it's funny how u neglected all my other points and simply gave me the Samsung biased argument

BlueSingA
Old
Thanks Meter 179

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
Finally I did defend the leaked dalmore T4 test as well so why don't u call me nvidia biased as well
Sorry but there isn't much to defend when it comes to One based on current benchmarks. How can S600 on One have a throttling problem but not on a Samsung device. You don't make much sense either if you think you can give credit to overheating for such significant difference. I'll reply to you once you get the same scores.. maybe in a year or year and a half, with a bit of kernel improvement. But sorry, I'm not buying a device that's going to be better in a year than it is now, just to get overshadowed by S800 and perhaps tegra 4i, or some newer SoC.
My HOXorz roxorz!

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 24th February 2013 at 01:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13079
Quote:
Sorry but there isn't much to defend when it comes to One based on current benchmarks. How can S600 on One have a throttling problem but not on a Samsung device. You don't make much sense either if you think you can give credit to overheating for such significant difference. I'll reply to you once you get the same scores.. maybe in a year or year and a half, with a bit of kernel improvement. But sorry, I'm not buying a device that's going to be better in a year than it is now, just to get overshadowed by S800 and perhaps tegra 4i, or some newer SoC.
Lol Ill reply to u a week or so, meanwhile I suggest reread every word i said, because clearly ur simply picking the parts u like, I already replied to ur Samsung argument but ur choosing to turn ur head

Finally u already know that my opinion is clear, even 39fps is no enough for a 2013 flagship but ur equally fooling urself if u think the T4i will beat this

Tags
htc one x, knowledge base, nvidia tegra 3, one x, performance, sense 4.x