Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Flagship 2012 - HTC One X (Endeavor) - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread

Tip us?

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 5th April 2012 at 03:56 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeee View Post
Wtf.. 9:53

Too hard to ignore the snapdragon s4's performance advantage after watching this..
I don't want to get the One XL, because tegra 3 will have more support from developers, yet wtf?
Does htc hate its flagship? Couldn't they optimize the browser properly for an 1.5Ghz cortex A9? The same software runs on the krait at 60fps.. so I'm confused.
I simply want a phone that doesn't exist yet, I guess.
mate i posted my experience with its running 60fps i explained this reflow situation in my post too, i tried so hard to make it lag and it didn't, i think he had HTC gestures On

as for the reflow don't forget 4x as many pixels on the One X

besides you clearly prefer s4 so go for it man, u have the One XL and S to choose from

i found the performance beautiful it only needs supercharger to fly, our only issue right now is the glitches, yes indeed they better sort it out very quickly

fi3ry_icy
Old
(Last edited by fi3ry_icy; 5th April 2012 at 04:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 35
just to check...

can u guys use the "turn on radio" "turn off radio" button in the *#*#4636#*#* android debug menu?

my phone has the failure to detect sim card problem and i realized that it might not actually be the heat that is causing it..

whenever the phone drops the sim card, i now hold the power button to check if the phone has switched to airplane mode... the answer is NO, the phone did not switch to airplane mode..

BUT... in the *#*#4636#*#* debug menu, the GSM radio is off and i cant switch it on using the "Turn On Radio" button...

(BIG WARNING... u might messed up your phone and made your phone become like mine...)

actual problem in here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24428548
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd83 View Post
Hi,

I have the same , I checked the IMEI and it is "unknow"... How did you fix it ? Change sim + factory reset ?
Thanks
off your phone, hold vol down, and power up the phone..

choose to reset the phone..

let the phone reset itself..

should get your imei number back.. at least that did the trick for me..

but i still have not solve this problem http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1581349

eeeeeee
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
mate i posted my experience with its running 60fps i explained this reflow situation in my post too, i tried so hard to make it lag and it didn't, i think he had HTC gestures On

as for the reflow don't forget 4x as many pixels on the One X

besides you clearly prefer s4 so go for it man, u have the One XL and S to choose from

i found the performance beautiful it only needs supercharger to fly, our only issue right now is the glitches, yes indeed they better sort it out very quickly
Dude, I don't prefer either, this is my main problem.. If they could deliver the s4 with a decent GPU then I would go for it for sure..
The thing is that I don't get what I want from either.
I've seen videos of the browser reloading pages and crushing together with sense because of the lack of ram..

I'm ready to buy a phone any day right now, but this upgrade has to hold at least years..

And it looks to me that this devices are not good enough.

1. HTC SENSE takes more than 600MB ram, without you doing anything, but I love the sense ui.

2. I can choose if I want more cpu power or more gpu power but cannot get both.

3. HTC broke their promise about the camera. (waiting for 1.28)

4. So many bugs in the firmware. (waiting to see how 1.28 does)

5. It is still unclear whether One X can maintain high performance, because of its heat.

6. If I do choose One XL, I get only 16GB (9GB, and my hd2 has 16gb with only about 200MB free.. so...)

etc...

hamdir
Old
Thanks Meter 13,298
Quote:
Dude, I don't prefer either, this is my main problem.. If they could deliver the s4 with a decent GPU then I would go for it for sure..
I've seen videos of the browser reloading pages and crushing together with sense because of the lack of ram..

I'm ready to buy a phone any day right now, but this upgrade has to hold at least years..

1. HTC SENSE takes more than 600MB ram, without you doing anything, but I love the sense ui.

5. It is still unclear whether One X can maintain high performance, because of its heat.

6. If I do choose One XL, I get only 16GB (9GB, and my hd2 has 16gb with only about 200MB free.. so...)

etc...
all true, so time to make up your mind skip this phone mate its ok its just a stupid phone

fi3ry_icy
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Although i didn't encounter any of the problems reported on the unit i tested yester, i'm starting to worry about the state of the T3 SOC

check this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1583257

If an update does not come soon and solve all issues for all users since they are so random, we definitly have hardware issues, specifically SOC problems...

starting too loose patience with NV

isnt there a way to spoof our region to allow the OTA to be pushed to our phone in previous HTC phones?

johnbhoy89
Old
Thanks Meter 27
how do you take a screen shot?

fi3ry_icy
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
well for some people its no issue plus for some like us XDAers we can tinker with it to high heaven, i can't even imagine using my DHD on stock firmware and CPU governor

its not all bad news, i mean its good we have the One XL as a second choice for those who have a big issue with heat, sadly its only 16GB
to be honest... with all this messing around and tinkering with kernels and cpu governors over here in xda, i am surprised that htc, knowing we are doing all these, have not studied the kernels released and attempted to create a stock kernel that is actually decent enough compared to what we have had here..

it is such a shame that htc's phones are like AMD's graphic cards... superior hardware, but way too terrible drivers and software support.. in AMD's case, no1 could write GPU graphic drivers but lucky for us, we got brilliant minds working together since android is an open source project..

HTC, if u read this post.. SHAME ON YOU..

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote:

etc...

if u can wait, hold on till 1.28 or at least 1.27 gets pushed out via OTA.. then, wait for us to patch to it and see how it does..

if u cant wait, the only other decent option u have as of NOW is the iphone 4s, which is a bit retarded to buy since everyone knows that iphone 5 is releasing in june/july this year...

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbhoy89 View Post
how do you take a screen shot?
2 ways..

1) power button and vol down

2) power button and home button
The Following User Says Thank You to fi3ry_icy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 5th April 2012 at 04:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13,298
ok remember most reviewers said they found no glitches and paul obrian either

those are running with newer firmware, remember how they asked them all to hold for the update

so guys lets give things the benefit of doubt

release software issues are very well known in all kind of devices

why do you think they created the concept of updates! we are worried if the issues are hardware but if software i see no problem, as for hardware defect you can always ask them to exchange it, its why u have warranty

i'm buying mine tomorrow for around 700$ retail not contract (the concept doesn't exist in here)

i feel this needs to be asked, do we have more problem with the grey vs the white?

we always freak out when an HTC device is outed n end up loving it and solving most issues, lol just like the DHD it was doom n gloom in the generals forum on release n now i have mine for 2 years flawless

oh n lets not forget the one i tested had non of these! remember those who have problems will complain and those who don't will probably be happy n not even post

its all normal so far

Roybenz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Got mine yesterday, i have a black dead pixel on white screen, is it possible to remove? how?

thanks

eeeeeee
Old
(Last edited by eeeeeee; 5th April 2012 at 04:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
all true, so time to make up your mind skip this phone mate its ok its just a stupid phone
I already skipped the SGS2, SENSATION because they didn't impress me as well.

I'm no longer thinking about this..

I can wait forever since neither HTC (NVIDIA, QUALCOMM) or Samsung (With their exynos) are good enough to provide a phone that is superior in both camera, cpu, gpu, screen, and optimized software -
I'm paying 700$ for this phone.. The least I deserve is a bugfree software?

There are mainly two things I care about when I want to choose a phone:
1. GPU
2. Software fluidity.

So it makes me angry that both Nvidia, Qualcomm, ARM, [Add a mobile gpu manufecturer here] were not able to beat the one year old Imagination Technologies' powervr 543MP2..

That is fine actually, the ones to blame are actually HTC and SAMSUNG, that don't care about the users by choosing low end tech for their devices. Not to mention that even though they did get the low end tech, they didn't bother to optimize their software to run on that hardware, and still release their flagship as is - undone.

Edit: Don't tell me to buy an iphone 4s as one already did, I'm not willing to downgrade, I already own an hd2..

Tags
htc one x, knowledge base, nvidia tegra 3, one x, performance, sense 4.x