Ask a question

No registration required

HTC Flagship 2012 - HTC One X (Endeavor) - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread

OP hamdir

28th August 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #6111  
Thanks Meter: 186

1,080 posts
More
My god and I thought w/ gamingboost, One X was fast. (Of course benchmarking can't be compared with real world gaming) Just a matter of time before mobile chips will reach thermal limits of passive cooling though.
28th August 2012, 08:39 PM   |  #6112  
Thanks Meter: 631

3,558 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arincs

Omg am I having a new phone ?? Super smooth project butter sense. All in all I'm loving the 2.17 update.

The improvement in smoothness has nothing to do with Project Butter; that's not part of this ROM.

And I have to say, if the improvement we get with Project Butter is anything like the difference between CM9 and CM10 Preview on my tablet, we have got one HECK of a treat in store when JB arrives for the One X.
28th August 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #6113  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 14,288

21,801 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubzori

My god and I thought w/ gamingboost, One X was fast. (Of course benchmarking can't be compared with real world gaming) Just a matter of time before mobile chips will reach thermal limits of passive cooling though.

true still we all knew adreno 3.x will be sweet

remember these r just gpu tests n the one x has quads that benefits optimized apps, just like glowball doubles fps with two more cores

I think we might start seeing the iPhone lagging behind android mid next year

expect a massive jump once tegra 4 shows up, if it contains anything from Kepler
Last edited by hamdir; 28th August 2012 at 11:29 PM.
28th August 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #6114  
Thanks Meter: 14

94 posts
Qualcomm's APQ8064 is a beast! LG is just the first of a wave of designs that will use that chip. Here are some more benchmarks...

http://www.gsmarena.com/snapdragon_s...-news-4563.php

Qualcomm has really leapfrogged the competition with this chipset. I wonder how Exynos5 and Tegra4 will stack up against it. The first release of the Exynos5 will be a dual cortex A15...

http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...ucts5dual.html

I'm betting the APQ8064 will beat out the Exynos5 in all areas except for maybe GPU.
29th August 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #6115  
Thanks Meter: 511

1,583 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerex

Qualcomm has really leapfrogged the competition with this chipset. I wonder how Exynos5 and Tegra4 will stack up against it. The first release of the Exynos5 will be a dual cortex A15...

I'm betting the APQ8064 will beat out the Exynos5 in all areas except for maybe GPU.

The tegra 4 and exynos will smash it to the ground. The new exynos will be true A15 architecture, and hopefully tegra 4 as well. Faux did do a massive explanation about this and how it works.

The gpu is good and the cpu, but the true next gen devices would be out of this world, for about 6 months.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
29th August 2012, 12:21 AM   |  #6116  
Thanks Meter: 14

94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlambo

The tegra 4 and exynos will smash it to the ground. The new exynos will be true A15 architecture, and hopefully tegra 4 as well. Faux did do a massive explanation about this and how it works.

The gpu is good and the cpu, but the true next gen devices would be out of this world, for about 6 months.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

CPU performance in the dual core Krait has been shown to match CPU performance on the quad core Exynos4 and Tegra3 running Cortex A9's.
Assuming more apps come online that can utilize four cores, I'm sure the quad core Krait won't be "smashed" by a dual core Exynos5 running Cortex A15's. It might get "smashed" by the quad core Exynos5 but that won't be released for at least another year. By then Qualcomm will have released yet another flagship hence the reason I said Qualcomm has leapfrogged the competition with the APQ8064.
Last edited by racerex; 29th August 2012 at 12:24 AM.
29th August 2012, 12:53 AM   |  #6117  
Giza
Thanks Meter: 253

518 posts
More
That's pretty good, but I won't need all this power in a phone, the one x is just perfect , console quality gaming, and much more, but in the other hand I will buy a tablet with this beast , would wait to see the what samsung and HTC will offer in the tablet scene with this thing, or just a windows 8 tablet

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
29th August 2012, 09:36 AM   |  #6118  
Beirut

21,801 posts
please please please santa let this be it!

awesomeness, i bet its unibody polycarbonate

AndroidAndMe is assuming this Tegra3+ device, lets hope its s4 pro instead
Quote:

HTC is rumored to be announcing the One X+ and One S+, both featuring NVIDIA’s Tegra 3+, so we assume a similar quad-core chip will appear in this tablet. The leaked pictures appear to come from a promotional video, so we might see this tablet revealed later this week at IFA in Berlin.

Last edited by hamdir; 29th August 2012 at 03:15 PM.
29th August 2012, 09:40 AM   |  #6119  
Beirut

21,801 posts
Cher Wang: HTC has no plans to settle patent lawsuit with Apple
Quote:

HTC chairwoman Cher Wang has confirmed that her company has no plans to settle its ongoing patent lawsuit with Apple, despite Cupertino's recent legal triumph over Samsung. In May, a Delaware court ordered the two companies to begin settlement talks, but Wang says HTC has no intention to settle, and remains undeterred by Samsung's recent setback.

"Samsung’s defeat does not mean that Google Inc.’s Android camp is defeated," Wang told Cynes yesterday, adding that "every company has good innovations." Wang's comments, issued ahead of an APEC Business Advisory Council meeting, suggest that HTC is willing to take the matter to court, despite the fact that such recourse now seems rather risky, given last week's verdict. Late last year, the US International Trade Commission banned HTC phones from entering the US. HTC responded with a custom-built workaround, though it now appears that the dispute is far from over.

29th August 2012, 10:04 AM   |  #6120  
Beirut

21,801 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_ultra99

That's pretty good, but I won't need all this power in a phone, the one x is just perfect , console quality gaming, and much more, but in the other hand I will buy a tablet with this beast , would wait to see the what samsung and HTC will offer in the tablet scene with this thing, or just a windows 8 tablet

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

man i dont care about all this, like you said, its a phone first and the GPU is not what you buy it for and as a smartphone the One X is just perfection

i was just trying to show everyone that mali400 on the SGS3 has a deadly weakness and in any future game the poly rate will force it to match Tegra3

in other words, when Nvidia says we need to get games optimized for the power of our GPU, they are not speaking bull****, they know very well their GPU is classic, they know very well its fill rate is average and a polygon horse power

now i wonder if proper Tegra optimziation requires the game to be completely written with tegra in mind from the start like unity games, optimizing a game made with PowerVR/Mali in mind must be harder

like you said that tasty snapdragon pro belongs in a tablet

however from my experience i can tell everyone hold your horses, you will wait half a year until apps on the market start supporting the new GPU, meanwhile you will have to rely on the current Adreno 220 support which is more miserable than Tegra3, all of the recent gameloft releases have effects turned off completely for Adreno22x
Last edited by hamdir; 29th August 2012 at 10:10 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc one x, knowledge base, nvidia tegra 3, one x, performance, sense 4.x
Previous Thread Next Thread