Flag 3rd Rock from the Sun
Thanks Meter: 1,010

1,792 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by springy

The HTC One V will have Sense 4 according to the spec sheet at HTC

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-v/#specs

But yea... I want to see how the device handles legacy apps without the menu in the action bar. Because there is no menu key how will get into the settings menu??

i hope we get official sense 4 update too...
26th February 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #642  
Thanks Meter: 100

785 posts
More
Well the One X seems the new flagship, where the One S is also high end but has a QHD screen.

I think they look both great, but I would tend go with the One X because of the 720p screen. But my HTC Desire HD is not really in need for replacement, so no need buy one off these devices now.

My HTC Desire HD is just 16 months old and still have 8 months left until its is 2 years old and I can end my contract. Its nice to see that our HTC Desire HD is still not to outdated.

As the HTC One V seems to have similar specifications, but it will be clearly the middle class phone, pointed at people who have a lower budget but still want a good phone. I don't think the missing sd card slot is a limitation, I think 16GB is more then enough and you get two year long 25GB dropbox storage.
Last edited by DexterMorganNL; 26th February 2012 at 10:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DexterMorganNL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #643  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 14,037

21,543 posts
imagine the One X with the S fancy unibody, which turned out far better then our old unibody Aluminum...sigh, i hate you HTC

I don't care what they call it, i don't care if it's uni-body or mashined, poly-carbonate is still plastic\

Besides i would have gone with S but they had to make it SAMOLD pen-tile, seems they learned every bad trick around

To be honest, i feel they are starting to loose some of their identity
Last edited by hamdir; 26th February 2012 at 10:11 PM.
26th February 2012, 10:13 PM   |  #644  
Thanks Meter: 100

785 posts
More
Oh well they give you a choice I think, that you also got with notebooks, do you stick with 720p or will you pay some more bucks and get a 1080p screen but not the i7.

A dutch tech site said advise price off the HTC One X will be € 649 and the HTC One S will have advise price off € 549. Huh they also writed on that dutch tech site that the HTC One V got Qualcomm MSM8255 as CPU, isnt that the same one our HTC Desire HD got?
Last edited by DexterMorganNL; 26th February 2012 at 10:16 PM.
26th February 2012, 10:16 PM   |  #645  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 1,075

1,647 posts
More
Was checking out Clove prices:

One X: 492 GBP / 580 EUR / 782 USD

One S: 450 GBP / 530 EUR / 715 USD

(forgot VAT for the S, fixed now)
26th February 2012, 10:16 PM   |  #646  
Thanks Meter: 49

338 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

imagine the One X with the S fancy unibody, which turned out far better then our old unibody Aluminum...sigh, i hate you HTC

I think in the future, the aluminium body will disappear in favour of the polycarbonate... that is my opinion... to be honest the best way to judge if the polycarbonate in the HTC One X is any good is to actually hold it. For what it is worth it could be better that the aluminium..
26th February 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #647  
Flag Preston
Thanks Meter: 61

308 posts
More
I don't mind the polycarbonate in theory but what I can't stand is glossiness:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/97...ss-001-560.jpg
However, it seems the sides of the device are glossier/shinier than the back...
26th February 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #648  
Flag ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) U WANT MY LOCATION?
Thanks Meter: 1,433

3,818 posts
More
Another video 4 HTC One X from Clove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTsqxpJuZU

Impressive phone.
Last edited by HC4Life; 26th February 2012 at 10:45 PM.
26th February 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #649  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 14,037

21,543 posts
Tons of articles online guys, just google it

yes the gloss is only in the front edge

Quote:

The One X is the series' flagship, and from the limitad amount of time I got to spend with it, I was very impressed.

Let's start with what's on the outside. The 720p 4.7-inch Super LCD2 is among the most beautiful I've ever seen. Colors were vibrant and bright and it looked almost matte, like a high-tech magazine. Viewing angles were unbelievable and it worked well in bright sunlight. At 312ppi (pixels per inch) it isn't quite as jam-packed as the iPhone 4S's 330ppi or the HTC Rezound's 342ppi, but it's gore-juss.

The body is made out of a machined polycarbonate which makes it light, but it feels very strong and rigid. The back of it has a sweet curve that makes it feel really good in your hand, but it still sits flat on a table top with no wobble. This is due to the little camera hump.

And speaking of the camera, HTC is going for broke here. The rear camera is 8PM and has "the best optics and sensor (they've) ever used", which remains to be seen, of course. But it does go all the way down to f2.0, which means it should rule in low light. I don't think we've seen a camera go that low on a mobile device yet. It also has HTC's new ImageChip, which is basically a secondary processor used exclusively for the camera's image processing. It will enable you to be shooting 1080p video and take full resolutions stills at the same time. Impressive.

gizmodo: The HTC One X Hands-On: The Most Exciting Android Phone to Date

Quote:

In the hand the 4.7-inch handset is obviously large. To keep things from getting too bulky, HTC have turned to polycarbonate for the bodywork, rather than metals. Like the Nokia Lumia 800, it has a tactile feel, although HTC has polished the sides of the device for a little premium shine. The HTC One X launch colours include white and grey, although we're sure there will be exclusive colours in the future too. The white does look nice, but we can't help feeling that it will get rather grubby with time. Nokia also do a white polycarbonate version of the Nokia Lumia 800 and told us that staining was potentially a problem with a matte finish (hence theirs is gloss), but time will tell. The HTC One X display is Super LCD and gives you a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution and measures 4.7-inches on the diagonal. It offers great viewing angles too and from what we've seen, impressive colour reproduction. The attention to detail is impressive. HTC has used microdrilling to form the speakers rather than using a traditional grill, something that Apple and Nokia have been doing for a couple of years. The result is a handset that feels solid, durable and light, but also packs in just about all the specs you might want. The characteristic end pieces provide a break in the bodywork and are reminiscent of previous HTC designs, although this is notably thinner than previous devices.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4457...eview-pictures

here is the black

Perfect view angles

nice in hand

S vs X, X in black

the back, like the Sensation XL

Last edited by hamdir; 26th February 2012 at 10:42 PM.
26th February 2012, 10:39 PM   |  #650  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,548

7,606 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

The One X has an incredible screen, glossy or not, sadly judging form the video im not ok with the white surface especially the glossy part...im hoping the black version will look better

The S is just gorgeous, we are back to the where we were...tough choices

The V has s2 too so yes ROMs will flow, but we need a good Sense ICS kernel

Can we nit use the official kernel source from our update with the ported ROM?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc one x, knowledge base, nvidia tegra 3, one x, performance, sense 4.x
Previous Thread Next Thread