Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Private apps - sd-ext

OP Wojtys

2nd February 2012, 11:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Wojkowice
Thanks Meter: 10

59 posts
More
Hello all.

I have a question. Is possible to change regular app into private app? I'm using S2E to move apps to sd-ext. I want to move some apps to sd-ext but some i want to stay on internal. There is option to move Applications or Private Apps. I want to move games and less important apps to sd-ext. That could be moved as private apps. But i don't know if it is possible to change games into private app. I dont want to move important apps like Luncher, sms or system apps to sd-ext.

Some1 can help?
2nd February 2012, 02:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 133

361 posts
More
Hello Wojtys!

I believe that you can move almost everything from your internal memory to the sd-ext with the tool your using (me too )

If you want to move to your sd-ext partition, start S2E and touch "Menu" button; go to settings, enable "Advanced Mode" and restart. You will be able to move the rest of your aplications.

Also, in settings, applications, manage applications, you can choose if you want to move each app to "SD" or "Phone".

I hope I could help you!

Have a great day
Last edited by gbueno6; 2nd February 2012 at 02:42 PM.
2nd February 2012, 03:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Wojkowice

59 posts
More
Thank you for interesting. I know that but i dont want to move all apps. I want to move only several like games. In S2E is not optiont to move exact app only Applications or Private app. So i thought i could change games into private apps and move all of them buy check that option. I want to stay more important app like luncher, Titanum, system apps on internal and move only less important like a games. Dont want to move on sd only sd-ext. Have small capacity sd cuz only 2GB for now.
2nd February 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Look for Link2SD and use this instead of S2E.
It works similar to S2E but you can control what to move to sd-ext partition.

I was using S2E and lost all my apps during an upgrade. Restore through CWM would not get them back either.
I've tried the same with Link2SD and managed to restore my apps back after installing Link2SD first and then restoring the CWM bakcup.
2nd February 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Wojkowice

59 posts
More
Ppl pleas read carfully. I want to know, if i can to change regular app into private app. That's all. I know link2sd but i prefer s2e. So i ask again. Is possible to change regular app to private app? Move to another folder? I tried to move from data/app to data/private but that dont work.
2nd February 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 185

419 posts
More
According to this article: http://strazzere.com/blog/?tag=app-private - protected apps live there and protection only seems install destination. I'm pretty sure this is old (article from 2009). What is your problem with moving, are you sure you mounted as RW properly and changed permissions correctly?
2nd February 2012, 05:23 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Wojkowice

59 posts
More
I just tried to change direction. Didnt change permissions. When i install apps by android commander there is option to install as regular app or private app so i thought i could change direction of installed app. But dunno how. Looking for some advice/tutorial

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread