[MOD] AGPS Patch Galaxy S II 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, LOCK EXTRA SATS

17th March 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 11

50 posts
Alright so I have a quick question. If I install this, will the GPS still need to rely on data connection to load up the maps and accurate location? My GPS works fine whenever I'm in a 3G/HSPA+ location, but whenever I switch over to edge, everything is lost until I go back to a faster data connection. if anyone knows of a good app for offline maps in the market that would really be appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
17th March 2012, 04:00 AM   |  #62  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Miami Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,124

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan1993

Alright so I have a quick question. If I install this, will the GPS still need to rely on data connection to load up the maps and accurate location? My GPS works fine whenever I'm in a 3G/HSPA+ location, but whenever I switch over to edge, everything is lost until I go back to a faster data connection. if anyone knows of a good app for offline maps in the market that would really be appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

This patch will speed up lock and provide better accuracy in most circumstances. I have no problem over Edge. It needs a data connection to use the SUPL server assistance. However, it will properly cache GPS satellite data for the next 24 hours every so often. This also speeds up the lock-time when you're not connected.

Lastly, I would suggest Google Maps. Open it up, go to Settings -> Labs, and and enable Precache Maps. It will cache 10x10mile squares. I cached the 500 miles I typically travel in and other cities we visit regularly elsewhere.

I did this in Lima, Peru without a data connection... I relied on Wifi to update my GPS cache twice a day and precached the entire city. It worked really, really well.
18th March 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Flashed with CWM for the Samsung T989. installation said sucessful and seems to be working
thanks for this mod! hopefully i'll be able to take advantage of offline cached maps now
18th March 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #64  
Flag Miami Beach, FL

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhan02

Flashed with CWM for the Samsung T989. installation said sucessful and seems to be working
thanks for this mod! hopefully i'll be able to take advantage of offline cached maps now

Just connect from time to time. I use an app in the notes to manual download the cache from time to time... GPS Status.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA
18th March 2012, 01:50 PM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 47

464 posts
I flash the Google Specific v3.1 on my phone (t989, slickmod rom).
when conect 3G, its correct but i turn on GPS, my location back to last time i submit, GPS off everything be ok, and I must restore my ROM from backup file
thanks
18th March 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #66  
Flag Miami Beach, FL

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhhung1420

I flash the Google Specific v3.1 on my phone (t989, slickmod rom).
when conect 3G, its correct but i turn on GPS, my location back to last time i submit, GPS off everything be ok, and I must restore my ROM from backup file
thanks

ROM or driver caching issue it sounds like. Test a different ROM.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA
18th March 2012, 05:10 PM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 5

111 posts
What exactly does AGPS do?
18th March 2012, 05:27 PM   |  #68  
Flag Miami Beach, FL

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion_

What exactly does AGPS do?

Everything nowadays uses some form of aGPS. GPS takes forever to lock onto enough satellites. If you had a GPS unit about a decade ago, recall how long it took to activate...

aGPS units find GPS signals quicker because of various options utilized to find the signal and to "know" what satellites are nearby.

Your phone will have aGPS abilities mostlikely. The question is how to get it to properly use those properties. My patch does this for many devices.
19th March 2012, 01:37 AM   |  #69  
Thanks Meter: 220

394 posts
Hi I'm on Digital Warfare v2.5.1 darkside kernel v2 RC2 with UVKL1 radio and I've tried flashing 3.1 with SSL, 3.1 without SSL, and v1.3 worldwide. The problem I'm experiencing is that it locks very fast but it locks me in somewhere (same place) inside Nevada (I'm in Missouri) every time. Any suggestions?
19th March 2012, 02:51 AM   |  #70  
Flag Miami Beach, FL

2,473 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoft1

Hi I'm on Digital Warfare v2.5.1 darkside kernel v2 RC2 with UVKL1 radio and I've tried flashing 3.1 with SSL, 3.1 without SSL, and v1.3 worldwide. The problem I'm experiencing is that it locks very fast but it locks me in somewhere (same place) inside Nevada (I'm in Missouri) every time. Any suggestions?

Does GPS status give the correct coordinates least?

That is not GPS, rather its a network error in location detection, libraries, or the app itself. Google settings location... Disable all location tools except GPS and reboot before trying again. if no go, try a different map app.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
agps, gps, location, lock, satellite
Previous Thread Next Thread