FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][2012.04.21]MS2Ginger - Android 2.3.6 now working

3,627 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,717
 
By walter79, Recognized Developer on 2nd February 2012, 01:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th March 2012, 01:32 AM |#81  
skeevydude's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 2,941
 
More
Didn't work. Crashes and bootloops at 2nd-init blue led, couldn't pull logcat.

Posting cwm zip with all the changes I've done so far. I put a ## commenting changes I did to make them easy to find, except for ueventd.rc, too many deletions to comment on.

Combined the two and didn't get anywhere either (provided all you did was add the 12 lines at the top).

And the kernel modules in the zip was something I did before going to bed, for no apparent reason other than I could...they really don't need to be there.
Attached Files
File Type: zip system.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.58 MB, 6 views)
Last edited by skeevydude; 14th March 2012 at 01:36 AM.
 
 
14th March 2012, 08:50 AM |#82  
walter79's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag #484047
Thanks Meter: 3,717
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420

Didn't work. Crashes and bootloops at 2nd-init blue led, couldn't pull logcat.

Posting cwm zip with all the changes I've done so far. I put a ## commenting changes I did to make them easy to find, except for ueventd.rc, too many deletions to comment on.

Combined the two and didn't get anywhere either (provided all you did was add the 12 lines at the top).

And the kernel modules in the zip was something I did before going to bed, for no apparent reason other than I could...they really don't need to be there.

Thanks for your work.

You zip can not work. Setting permissions is missing in update script.
14th March 2012, 03:35 PM |#83  
skeevydude's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 2,941
 
More
I hope it helped.

I'd add in permissions, but am unsure on the syntax. If you could provide a link or a simple description, I'd really appreciate it.
12th April 2012, 09:15 PM |#84  
walter79's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag #484047
Thanks Meter: 3,717
 
Donate to Me
More
Can someone test my MS2Ginger 4.0 beta 4 with new greenbread mod?

Rom can found in defy section.

greenbread mod: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24770601

Install:

- wipe data and cache
- advance restore (system only)
- flash greenbreadmod zip (install via zip

Please report if it work or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to walter79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2012, 09:38 PM |#85  
josuearisty's Avatar
Senior Member
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 430
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter79

Can someone test my MS2Ginger 4.0 beta 4 with new greenbread mod?

Rom can found in defy section.

greenbread mod: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24770601

Install:

- wipe data and cache
- advance restore (system only)
- flash greenbreadmod zip (install via zip

Please report if it work or not.

Hi walter, should I use the same greenbreadmod file?

Instead where should I find it?
12th April 2012, 10:56 PM |#86  
walter79's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag #484047
Thanks Meter: 3,717
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuearisty

Hi walter, should I use the same greenbreadmod file?

Instead where should I find it?

try the defy greenbread for 4.0.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=24770601&postcount=3735
Last edited by walter79; 12th April 2012 at 11:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to walter79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 03:26 PM |#87  
josuearisty's Avatar
Senior Member
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 430
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter79

try the defy greenbread for 4.0.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3735

Downloading it now!

I will let know later!
17th April 2012, 02:57 PM |#88  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuearisty

Downloading it now!

I will let know later!

Well how'd it go?

sent from my Motorola Bravo
17th April 2012, 05:57 PM |#89  
josuearisty's Avatar
Senior Member
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 430
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquae11

Well how'd it go?

sent from my Motorola Bravo

I dont understand the question...

BTW I have to remove boot file from greenbread4.

Last time I tried I had to flash SBF FILE!

But I like MS2GINGER roms!

I it works now for me!
17th April 2012, 11:25 PM |#90  
walter79's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag #484047
Thanks Meter: 3,717
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuearisty

I dont understand the question...

BTW I have to remove boot file from greenbread4.

Last time I tried I had to flash SBF FILE!

But I like MS2GINGER roms!

I it works now for me!

4.0 works with greenbread and removed kernel from zip?
18th April 2012, 07:27 PM |#91  
skeevydude's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 2,941
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter79

4.0 works with greenbread and removed kernel from zip?

@Josuearisty
I'd like to know as well. All Defy MIUI V4's boot up with similar issues to MS2Ginger 3.0+ and I'd like to test new Greenbread mod with MIUI 4v. Actually, any rom based on MOTO GB 2.3.6+ won't boot on the Bravo, so if it does boot MS2Ginger 4.0, that ramdisk needs to be looked at for using with other roms.

Also, I accidentally did a Google search with quarx2k (I forgot to add .ru to go to the website) and apparently the Moto Cliq 2 runs Quarx's Defy CM7 like we used to (with a few mods to fix the hardware keyboard). Just thought that was interesting and was worth mentioning.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes