Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,079 Members 50,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] LCD Density Modder Pro

Tip us?
 
BuddyJoe83
Old
(Last edited by BuddyJoe83; 4th February 2012 at 05:00 PM.) Reason: credits
#1  
BuddyJoe83's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 349
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default [APP] LCD Density Modder Pro

Thought I'd share a 'fix' for your TouchPads if you don't want to be tied to 120 or 160 dpi (which btw look good but still..).

Now we all now the edit build.prop or dpi change apps but this one is pretty neat.
It allows you to manually set your desired DPI (f.e. 132 as the TP should be) but also comes with a solution for 'breaking' your market. The app will Fix your Market compatibility issues by modding your Market.apk into thinking you are using the market at f.e. 120 DPI. You can do this for any DPI change

Guide:

1) Install LCD Density Modder Pro here (official Android Market link)
2) Open app (only for root users but if you are running Android on your TP...)
3) set your DPI
4) Save as System DPI (perma + reboot) or
4a) Temp Apply (fast reboot and is merely there to see if your chosen DPI looks good)
5) after reboot hit "Fix Market compatibility issues"

6) Download modded Market.apk for the PDI you want the market to think you have (either 120 or 160 DPI, depends which file you installed from CM9)
7) Install Mod
8) Asks you to reboot so that the 'new' Market.apk works

9) voilá!

(note: instructions will also appear when opening app)

I hope this isn't considered something 'not done' on this forum as I am merely linking to an official apk on the market and points TP users in the right direction.

Good luck!

ps: credits go to anthonyjcasagrande aka theb1rdm4n for developing
Present
Samsung Galaxy SIII Garnet Red Personal - Android 4.1.1
LG Google Nexus 4 Personal - Android 4.2.1

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Personal - Android 4.0.4
Google Nexus 7 Personal - Android 4.2.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 On the side - Android 4.0.4

History: HTC Dream/ G1 - HTC ChaCha - SGS I - SGNote - SGTab 2 7" - HP Touchpad - Asus TF300 - SGNex
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BuddyJoe83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
slyr114
Old
#2  
slyr114's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 372
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cleveland
great write up! will be sure to do this when i actually get my touchpad lol
 
peachpuff
Old
#3  
peachpuff's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 307
Posts: 1,481
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyJoe83 View Post
1) Install LCD Density Modder Pro here (official Android Market link)
That's gotta be the most expensive app on the market, 3 dollars to change 3 digits? Craaaaaaaaaaaaazy...
Captivate + cm7
HP Touchpad + cm9
SGS2 + cm9
Galaxy Nexus + CNA
LG Nexus 4 + AOKP
LG Nexus 5 + Xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to peachpuff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BuddyJoe83
Old
#4  
BuddyJoe83's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 349
Join Date: Nov 2011
If you look at it that way, yes... but handy for peeps, ofcourse can just edit the build.prop but it allows you to receive fixed market aswell for any DPI.

Anyways only posted so peeps know of it's availibility

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Present
Samsung Galaxy SIII Garnet Red Personal - Android 4.1.1
LG Google Nexus 4 Personal - Android 4.2.1

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Personal - Android 4.0.4
Google Nexus 7 Personal - Android 4.2.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 On the side - Android 4.0.4

History: HTC Dream/ G1 - HTC ChaCha - SGS I - SGNote - SGTab 2 7" - HP Touchpad - Asus TF300 - SGNex
 
danknee
Old
#5  
danknee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 894
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Las Vegas
DPI changer by innodroid is free with the same result, also on Market.
 
BuddyJoe83
Old
#6  
BuddyJoe83's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 349
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by danknee View Post
DPI changer by innodroid is free with the same result, also on Market.
That also changes your DPI for you yes, the app won't 'fix' the market issues for you though.

There is a thread out there that lets you install a modded Market.apk, but the app I describe does it both, but you are right.. there are a lot of ways to do it. This one does it in both.

Not saying this app is the holy grail but a handy tool.
Present
Samsung Galaxy SIII Garnet Red Personal - Android 4.1.1
LG Google Nexus 4 Personal - Android 4.2.1

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Personal - Android 4.0.4
Google Nexus 7 Personal - Android 4.2.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 On the side - Android 4.0.4

History: HTC Dream/ G1 - HTC ChaCha - SGS I - SGNote - SGTab 2 7" - HP Touchpad - Asus TF300 - SGNex
 
cme4oil
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Sep 2011
I know there is a thread over on rootzwiki with instructions on how to get the market to work after changing the DPI.

Three bucks to change the DPI is a really nutz.
 
cdmcfud
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 56
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyJoe83 View Post
Thought I'd share a 'fix' for your TouchPads if you don't want to be tied to 120 or 160 dpi (which btw look good but still..).

Now we all now the edit build.prop or dpi change apps but this one is pretty neat.
It allows you to manually set your desired DPI (f.e. 132 as the TP should be) but also comes with a solution for 'breaking' your market. The app will Fix your Market compatibility issues by modding your Market.apk into thinking you are using the market at f.e. 120 DPI. You can do this for any DPI change

Guide:

1) Install LCD Density Modder Pro here (official Android Market link)
2) Open app (only for root users but if you are running Android on your TP...)
3) set your DPI
4) Save as System DPI (perma + reboot) or
4a) Temp Apply (fast reboot and is merely there to see if your chosen DPI looks good)
5) after reboot hit "Fix Market compatibility issues"

6) Download modded Market.apk for the PDI you want the market to think you have (either 120 or 160 DPI, depends which file you installed from CM9)
7) Install Mod
8) Asks you to reboot so that the 'new' Market.apk works

9) voilá!

(note: instructions will also appear when opening app)

I hope this isn't considered something 'not done' on this forum as I am merely linking to an official apk on the market and points TP users in the right direction.

Good luck!



I thank it's a great apk. easy
 
sxi200
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 449
Posts: 1,497
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne
Hey guys, for ages I've been hearing people talk about changing LCD density etc and decided to give it a try using this app (free version).

Anyway, I changed the dpi on my S2 from 240 to 160 and although it looks much better in most instances, the actual homescreen/s are much smaller with only about 60% being used up.

Is this normal? I was under the impression that only the icon sizes would change but not the entire homescreen.

The dock is still at the bottom however but a large part above that is empty.

Sent from my GT-I9100T
 
PoorCollegeGuy
Old
#10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 364
Posts: 2,440
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Columbus

 
DONATE TO ME
Hey there,

just stopping by to let you know this thread has been featured on the XDA Portal


The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoorCollegeGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes